It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook parents sue radio host Alex Jones for defamation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

That said, the ones making the calls are at fault, not some guy they might listen to on the radio or wherever.

Jones is not up on criminal charges. That I know of.
He's being sued for defamation. That's what this thread is about.

edit on 4/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Yes. The burden of proof is on the accusers. Why Jones? Read the complaint.

Do we know if anyone was ever prosecuted for those?
Why yes. We do.
time.com...

Good to know, but were there not more who did that? I don't care what anyone thinks about the case; calling in death threats to anyone is just wrong. That said, the ones making the calls are at fault, not some guy they might listen to on the radio or wherever.

Thats not true a person is not allowed to harm others exercising their rights. Any speech that leads to illegal activity and/or imminent violence, obscenity, defamation, or harm of an individual is illegal. The First Amendment does not protect speakers from liability for consequences or foreseeable actions caused by their speech. For example scream fire in a building and someone gets trampled yuan be tried for manslaughter. If the families had to deal with death threats and harassment do to his actions that is not protected speech and opens him up to paying damages. Hes going to lose this since I'm sure the family have evidence of being harassed. The only way to win would be to prove his allegations to the court. Seeing as he has zero evidence it was faked he better have great insurance.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
As with anything if you make claims you need to back it up with evidence. AJ although I have not watched his stuff in ages just seems to go off like bull in a china shop. I much prefer Rich Planets approach to things where he will attempt to show evidence from trained people in any given field.

I do have my own questions about Sandy hook but as always this can only be based on what information is out there and from interviews that have been shown, Whilst i am sure we all have our own opinion none of us to my knowledge are making a living out of what in most cases is a traggic situation however you view it and if people have been harassing members of this situation then more fool them as that is bang out of order.

I am a farther and I do believe a caring person, and if my son had been killed in such circumstances I would be knocking down walls to have my say. On the otherside if other information can be shown and proven then the general public also need to see it and understand the context.

I think AJ delivery has just made a mockery of situations of public interest regarding a few current situations not just this one. .

Over the last few years my own understanding has changed a lot on many subjects but I think with the current state of play where this type of situation will no doubt become normal i would possible say it is time to hang up the online forums and do my own reseach in private..

Regards

RA

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Thats as a stupid argument as saying " do you have an 13 year old daughter who is pregnant, otherwise only then can you enter a womens right to abortion debate"

No, it's not. If you don't have an intimate understanding of a parent's bond with their child, you don't have a clue.
Even still, I laugh at those who state that under the same circumstances...they would just have a serious conversation with AJ, and all would be better. Careful there, folks. You're defining yourselves, and it ain't pretty.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Two things...
Alex is a fool.
Second.
We are not being told the whole truth of that day.

If you believe an autistic person who was unable to tie his own shoes till he was 18 did this alone. Then you are a fool. There is a grain of truth in every conspiracy. I see the local leftists have gone full tilt on this.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
How infowars is allowed on ATS is beyond me.
Sue the crap out of this fake clown.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I look forward to Jones defeating these anti 2nd trollz!

So you are suggesting what.. that people who are called liars, are harassed by people because of Jones, and have to deal with the repercussions of his show (emotionally or otherwise), have no legal recourse to do anything about it? What fantasy land are you living in? You don't understand how the 2nd really works, do you.

It doesn't mean you can say anything you want, any time you want, about anyone.. and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I swear.. people just can't wait to get their amendment knickers in a bunch, even when they don't fully understand them.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Just another pointless lawsuit by Leonard Pozner. He tired suing Wolfgang Halbig, but when it came time for Leonard Pozner court ordered deposition, he dropped the lawsuit against Wolfgang Halbig. Whoever is funding these pointless lawsuit must not like the hard questions being asked by Wolfgang and Alex.

Way too many things don't add up about Sandy Hook.

[SNIPPED]

edit on 18-4-2018 by Echo007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4.18.2018 by Kandinsky because: Removed 'shill' comment

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I hope that idiot Jones gets fired up in court and uses his supplement-fueled biceps to tear his shirt off.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

(post by craterman removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: FlyingFox

Yeah, I think it will.

Really, all the autopsy info?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

originally posted by: Jefferton
Screw you and your psychotic army, Mr. Jones.

Scum of the Earth.

Free speech for all but those you disagree with, I see?

As per usual.

Carry on..

All opinions and disagreements aside, some pyscho blew out the brains of somebody's baby.

Mr.Jones shouldnt be allowed to have an opinion on that.

Yet he does, and it indirectly damages the grieving process for those families.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

I look forward to Jones defeating these anti 2nd trollz!

So you are suggesting what.. that people who are called liars, are harassed by people because of Jones, and have to deal with the repercussions of his show (emotionally or otherwise), have no legal recourse to do anything about it? What fantasy land are you living in? You don't understand how the 2nd really works, do you.

It doesn't mean you can say anything you want, any time you want, about anyone.. and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I swear.. people just can't wait to get their amendment knickers in a bunch, even when they don't fully understand them.

Speaking of the 1st amendment (I understand your frustration), it is easy to confuse the right to bear arms with the right to free speech. Often, right after a well executed travesty, these unalienable rights are grouped together in the media’s concentrated and concerted effort to abolish them.

As for my perceptions about the peculiar event, I don’t willingly observe Alex Jones, so my thoughts aren’t ‘because of’ him, thank God. But maybe we should all take a page from Joe Tacopina. He was given airtime on the MSM to threaten everyone on earth about saying anything they ‘wanted’ to say about his famous client. He threatened to sue anyone and everything that provided an outlet for defaming Joran Van Der Sloot. Joe’s face was lobster red, and was an odd cross between Al Gore and satan. Imagine his surprise when Joran acted up yet again?

The methods for this action are a little different in the case of Sandy Hook. The premises for speech untoward against the official story are so obscene, that we dare not wrongthink aloud. Who can say where there’s a listening device? Or a camera. Not every child, after all, is comfortable under the hot lights of a tight studio set, and some of the adults seemed a little awkward too. Tis not for everyone, you know. Perhaps this suit is their way of saying that everyone’s cooperating now, and it won’t happen again. At least not in the Sandy Hook Community. No sir. Can we please go back to our daily activities, without the scrutiny that is all because of
Alex Jones?

In other words, a consolidation of the OS.

They have to do something....

# 968
edit on 18-4-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Maybe the parents shouldn't keep showing up in multiple crisis situations.

They reuse the same pictures. There are a ton of examples.

Good god, think of the children.

Oh look, that took 2 min to find

My number one reason for going to a different forum in the last couple years for discussing news, sensationalism, conspiracy theory, editorializing, mysteries, etc.

There are just droves of ostriches when it comes to this subject like I have never seen before. If an element that simply never created problems for any story in the several thousand years of news suddenly occured but don't worry, it had a perfectly logical explanation, I for one can't explain why that explanation has not been shared if so many years later there are still so many naysayers that it trumps the suggestion that it IS a very simple explanation but one that would offend the memory of the dead if they actually had to say it and that should be enough to close the case.

When you have five, ten, twenty elements of the event that have never been an issue for stories here and there in the past or been an issue for any stories at all have such simple explanations that they shouldn't have to give them yet years later it seems the disturbing the families wouldn't come from those explanations but at this point its NOT giving those explanations that is the ONLY thing keeping people discussing their families...then I can't for the life of me understand why if its peace the families want, why they don't explain them and be done with it.

Nor can I explain why they are suing Jones, annoying as he is, when the world harps all over pieces of cases we can't figure out or we don't commonly see. I mean, I went through a whole month where a mid level mass produced glove became discussed to the point i would have lost my fingers from hypothermia than ever look at a glove again however with state and federal funds in use, implications regarding both state and federal level practices and regulations, and the biggest conundrum IMHO a media who has never, especially in the last few years, been above destroying reputations, making a mockery of democracy, and even destroying an entire family minors and all to get ratings or influence partisan agendas, why was there suddenly a story that nobody pushed for any explanation of some of the more confusing aspects of the event for the first time and then in parkland grab THOSE minors and shove them down our throats?!? And that is before getting to the REALLY confusing stuff regarding the connections and or coincidences of those involved in SH and Twilight, Stephanie Meyer, Aurora, Batman, Obama, Obamas father, Lanzas father, Lanzas neighbor, George Zimmerman and,Treyvon Martin?

I am not arguing the SH event one way or the other only observing I am confused when a man is bombarded with lawsuits for doing what the MSM refrained from for once but didn't do so as a policy for minors as the opposite occured at parkland and why if the goal is giving families peace cuz people are still discussing it, why not answer the questions that are awkward if so easily explained away when it seems that's the only reason Jones or anyone else is still talking about your family?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Could be an interesting trial if both sides need to provide proof for standing.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

originally posted by: Jefferton
Screw you and your psychotic army, Mr. Jones.

Scum of the Earth.

Free speech for all but those you disagree with, I see?

As per usual.

Carry on..

Freedom of speech refers to government restricting free speech. These people are private citizens suing another private citizen for defaming them with false allegations. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. You can't lie about someone with impunity and point at the constitution.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
gee when women come out to tell their stories about those high powered republicans like trump and moore and their sexual abuse, they are threatened with defamation lawsuits, and the republican followers scream for the laws to be changed so they can thrown them in jail....
but have the grieving parents of kids slaughtered in a mass shooting file one because they are sick of having that wound tore open time and again and have to face the harassment and death threats yet again, years later, and yous go bloody nuts!!!

yous need to give yourselves a reality check, and while your at it give yourselves a morality check and fill up your compassion tanks some, think you've been running on empty for quite some time now!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wait there are arm biggering pills?.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join