It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook parents sue radio host Alex Jones for defamation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: UKTruth

I see the useful idiots are out in force trying to help shut down those with views they don't like.
I don't care if Jones is a fruitcake, those that want him shut down because they don't like his voice being heard are far more dangerous than Jones is with his wild accusations.
I'd call them scum of the earth, in fact.
So if the situation was reversed, and it was you whose child had been murdered, and Jones was talking about your family...you'd just sit it out, cuz free speech?
Please, tell us exactly what you'd do?

Firstly I would not be doing interviews.
Secondly, what some blowhard on the radio says would not even register as important.
Thirdly, I would not let some scumbag lawyer use me as part of a campaign to silence anyone.

Answers one and three reflect your filters.
Two? If you were getting threatening phone calls at home because of what Jones was telling his faithful? That wouldn't register?
Eh...I don't think so.

I'd report the calls to the police and would not even think of blaming someone they might have listened to on the radio. obviously.

edit on 17/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I think the difference is, if we all discuss it here on ATS, who cares.
If AJ discusses it on his YouTube channel and uses the made up controversy and these parents pain to sell erectile dysfunction meds, and whatever else he hawks...that's just awful.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I see the useful idiots are out in force trying to help shut down those with views they don't like.
I don't care if Jones is a fruitcake, those that want him shut down because they don't like his voice being heard are far more dangerous than Jones is with his wild accusations.
So if the situation was reversed, and it was you whose child had been murdered, and Jones was talking about your family...you'd just sit it out, cuz free speech?

Secondly, what some blowhard on the radio says would not even register as important.
Thirdly, I would not let some scumbag lawyer use me as part of a campaign to silence anyone.

Two? If you were getting threatening phone calls at home because of what Jones was telling his faithful? That wouldn't register?
Eh...I don't think so.

I'd report the calls to the police and would not even think of blaming someone they might have listened to on the radio. obviously.

However, if I wanted to make some cash off the death of my kids, I guess I would go after the money.
One final question...you got kids?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
However, taking someone to civil court and suing them seems to kind of cheapen one's stance... You want money for the person's use of your name via whatever reason you wish to use. Sounds like a form of being legally robbed.

Again...what would you do? If you decline to put a hurt upon his person, then all that's left is to put a hurt upon his wallet.

Nothing, talk is cheap and people say all sorts of stupid crap all the time.

Why should I care what one more low-life has to say about me?

If I was in the parent's situation, I'd honestly be numb still, a shell. AJ's words would be like sound in space over my grief, and no amount of money would fill the void.

However, I'd eventually have to set him straight. I'd invite him to my house, allow him to air a show and show all the family video, photos, etc that would totally destroy the premise that 'no one died'. Which in turn would do more damage to his credibility than just suing him for money.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Grambler

I think the difference is, if we all discuss it here on ATS, who cares.
If AJ discusses it on his YouTube channel and uses the made up controversy and these parents pain to sell erectile dysfunction meds, and whatever else he hawks...that's just awful.

I hear where you are coming from.

But where is the line legally?

There are tow areas I have questions about. Frst, how much of a public following to you have to have to meet this threshold.

Is a professor telling his students a blatant lie, who then in turn enact threats of violence meet the threshold to sue?

And secondly, what is the threshold for the amount of wrong you had to be in order to trigger a lawsuit.

I am wording that poorly, but what I mean is this.

If a public figure says a famous rape victim is lying, and then that victim gets threats or suffers damages, should they be sued if they trul;y believe that is the case?

Can Linda Tripp sue all of the people in politics and media that said she was lying about being raped? Must she first prove in court she was raped before she can sue?

If alex jones would have said that the little girl that testified that led to the Gulf war was a liar and actor, would he have been able to have been sued?

Had he been sued, would he have been able to counter sue them when it turned out he was right?

There are a lot of complicated issues that arise from this.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Eh...I don't think so.

However, if I wanted to make some cash off the death of my kids, I guess I would go after the money.
One final question...you got kids?

Yeah, and I'd not be on TV being manipulated to push politics if something happened.
I really doubt I'd have the time or the inclination...and I certainly wouldn't be blaming a radio show host or listing out people who upset me to sue.

You go ahead and scream for voices you don't like to become victims of judicial activism in order to shut them up.
If you like that route, though, be sure not to complain about anyone else using the same tactics... I wonder how you'd feel about the Judicial branch being used to shut down CNN and MSNBC through frivolous lawsuits...
edit on 17/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
so wouldn’t the families have to prove Jones is making stuff up. Any weird thing that jones states, wouldn’t the families have to prove why it happened.

If the police camera doesn’t show enough people, wouldn’t the families have to show the correct number of kids and so on....

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
LOLL U LIBERAL SISSYS! The guy spoke some words and they’re his thoughts if the stupid ass parents want to listen to him let them, if they are bothered by it let them not listen... BOOM PROBLEM SOLVED! No need to bash him and the people who like him just because you’re so dark in the heart and soul that you don’t understand him and quickly shame any1 who has a different view than you because u guys are scaredy cats

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
so wouldn’t the families have to prove Jones is making stuff up. Any weird thing that jones states, wouldn’t the families have to prove why it happened.

If the police camera doesn’t show enough people, wouldn’t the families have to show the correct number of kids and so on....

Thats what I mean.

Its one thing if jones is knowingly making up things toi slander them.

But what if he truly believes it?

Is the burden now on the parents to answer all of his claims and prove he is wrong. In a weird way if thats the case, it may be exactly what jones wants.

I dont know, the whole things a messs.

Situations like this are difficult, but as the clip I showed above with the little girl who turned out to be an actor; if we shut down any talks of conspiracy that can hrut people emotionally, it will be exploited to force us to never question official narratives.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: gortex

I look forward to Jones defeating these anti 2nd trollz!
Maybe Jones will force the release of evidence that the state has withheld- if there's any left. If the authorities had released true information about the incident the public wouldn't have to guess what happened.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Is defamation free speech?

EDIT..it could be free speech, but there could also be a cost.
edit on 17-4-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
All you evils here are basically telling the rest of us to never question anything, and you think everything is butterflies, dandelions and rainbows. If you just want to be a decent human being don’t try to control people and THEIR THOUGHTS! So many people (most of the time brainwashed LIBOS) surprise me every day with how they try to control! Jesuss just RELAX and live your own life I really don’t understand why so many of you feel the need to sht on alex jones and his followers, (you’re a brainwashed monkey and don’t even know it), also some of us listen to alex jones because he’s FUNNY. What’s funny you ask? Its when people laugh and feel joy.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It will never see it's first day in court. To
have a judge actually look at the perfectly
viable argument refuting the gov. conspiracy
is way to risky. Dog and pony show for the
dwindling number of loyalist media zombies.
Those that obviously live in total fear of any
question that could remotely bring them
any where near the rabbit hole.

The gov.would never abolish the
2nd ammendment so you don't have
the right to say they would!

That's the mentality brought to the
table and it's quite looney.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lamphead444

You can question anything you like.

Just be careful about accusing people in public.

There's a difference.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: gortex

I look forward to Jones defeating these anti 2nd trollz!

If the authorities had released relevant evidence there would not be doubts in many peoples minds-who cleaned up the school? (cant tell you) where are the 600 children leaving school? (cant show you) show us the state police dash cams. (no can do) Why weren't the paramedics from the fire station allowed in the school? on and on the people have a right to know- oh its so terrible we have to protect your sensibilities.

edit on 17-4-2018 by PsychicCroMag because: a malfunction some how

edit on 17-4-2018 by PsychicCroMag because: major malfunction what happened?

edit on 17-4-2018 by PsychicCroMag because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2018 by PsychicCroMag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Maybe the parents shouldn't keep showing up in multiple crisis situations.

They reuse the same pictures. There are a ton of examples.

Good god, think of the children.

Oh look, that took 2 min to find

Not a single comment or reply to this?

Nobody can offer any insight into this discrepancy?

I can’t. But I was hoping that some of our esteemed members might shed some light on this.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

I bet he wouldn't take up the offer..I would be surprised if the offer hasn't already been made..worth checking out.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Coup_Detat_Cam

We have seen these kinds of things be mistakes, wrong picture or info..not saying it is, or isn't..I don't know

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: UKTruth

So taking responsibility for his own actions is out of the question, eh?

No one put a gun to his head to spew his BS but someone did point a gun at their kids and they’re now dead. Then death threats came their way because of people like Jones calling it a false flag and that they’re all just crisis actors.

Those calling these people actors are useful idiots.

So as well as supporting a push to silence people's opinions, you want people punished if someone who hears them speak does something mean?

I pray the type of world you seem to want to live in doesn't ever come to be.

Pushing to silence Jones? You really think that will ever happen? No, this is about Jones direct influence to have people become unhinged and send these poor parents death threats because he wants to sell his pills and remain relevant to his crazed audience.

Again, no one made Jones say this OR shut up. No surprise you think Jones is the victim here. Typical, really.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag

If the authorities had released relevant evidence there would not be doubts in many peoples minds-who cleaned up the school? (cant tell you) where are the 600 children leaving school? (cant show you) show us the state police dash cams. (no can do) Why weren't the paramedics from the fire station not allowed in the school? on and on the people have a right to know- oh its so terrible we have to protect your sensibilities. B.S.

Just for clarification that shouldn't be included in the quoted text as I didn't write it , you did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join