It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook parents sue radio host Alex Jones for defamation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I see the useful idiots are out in force trying to help shut down those with views they don't like.
I don't care if Jones is a fruitcake, those that want him shut down because they don't like his voice being heard are far more dangerous than Jones is with his wild accusations.

I'd call them scum of the earth, in fact.

You have any children?

If my daughter was killed and nutters were sending me messages saying she wasn’t I would be tracking them down if they were English

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So taking responsibility for his own actions is out of the question, eh?

No one put a gun to his head to spew his BS but someone did point a gun at their kids and they’re now dead. Then death threats came their way because of people like Jones calling it a false flag and that they’re all just crisis actors.

Those calling these people actors are useful idiots.

link   
Alex Jones is a #ing idiot. People that listen to the bull# he spews are #ing idiots. Ya there's clearly something fishy about what happened at the shootings that have been happening in the last few years...but the idiotic # he says and does helps the truth come out in no way and honestly his idiocy is probably part of why these things never get looked into. He really needs to just shut the # up.

I'd be willing to believe he's paid to say all the stupid # he does just to keep people that question things looking crazy....that way the response can be...well that's just some Alex Jones #. He does nothing but make conspiracy theorists look like idiots to the general public.

Honestly the best of his rants are more illogical and stupid than even some of the wildest theories i've read on ATS and those get pretty #ing stupid sometimes.

edit on 17/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I look forward to the discovery process of that trial. My guess is it will never happen because the judge will not allow full discovery.

The facts available show the official story to fail in many ways. Halbig and Smallstorm and others have shown that.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Why ask me? Read the complaint. That's what it says (and a lot more).

Because you made a definitive statement about his intent.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So taking responsibility for his own actions is out of the question, eh?

No one put a gun to his head to spew his BS but someone did point a gun at their kids and they’re now dead. Then death threats came their way because of people like Jones calling it a false flag and that they’re all just crisis actors.

Those calling these people actors are useful idiots.

So as well as supporting a push to silence people's opinions, you want people punished if someone who hears them speak does something mean?

I pray the type of world you seem to want to live in doesn't ever come to be.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Well too bad for Jones because he knew what he was saying was false. He all ready stated under oath that his show was just for entertainment.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

how would a court go about proving malicious intent?

sounds good though

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Well too bad for Jones because he knew what he was saying was false. He all ready stated under oath that his show was just for entertainment.

Do you think the MSM we watch is for facts or entertainment? lmao if you think the Corporations spoon feeding us zombies our daily dose of THEIR TRUTH is in fact TRUTH! lmao

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

how would a court go about proving malicious intent?

It's not a court's job to prove anything.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Actually, I was restating two points of the complaint.
But from what I've seen, I agree.
edit on 4/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I see the useful idiots are out in force trying to help shut down those with views they don't like.
I don't care if Jones is a fruitcake, those that want him shut down because they don't like his voice being heard are far more dangerous than Jones is with his wild accusations.
I'd call them scum of the earth, in fact.
So if the situation was reversed, and it was you whose child had been murdered, and Jones was talking about your family...you'd just sit it out, cuz free speech?
Please, tell us exactly what you'd do?

Firstly I would not be doing interviews.
Secondly, what some blowhard on the radio says would not even register as important.
Thirdly, I would not let some scumbag lawyer use me as part of a campaign to silence anyone.

Answers one and three reflect your filters.
Two? If you were getting threatening phone calls at home because of what Jones was telling his faithful? That wouldn't register?
Eh...I don't think so.

link   

What the heck does that even mean?

Weirdos in 2018: Okay...you don't believe the Earth is flat, but you believe the MSM when they tell you some psycho massacred children? FALSE FLAG!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Weirdos in 2018: Okay...you don't believe the Earth is flat, but you believe the MSM when they tell you some psycho massacred children? FALSE FLAG!!!

I said what I meant. From the examples you stated I apologize for assuming you have a firm understanding of the English language?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

These people's pain won't be assuaged with money, will it?

No , but it will make Jones think twice about what he says , it will also cause him considerable pain and anguish... in the wallet.

edit on 17-4-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is great news! Glad to see this peddler of delusional, hateful Bulls£/t is getting his come uppance.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: Cygnis

originally posted by: Jefferton
Screw you and your psychotic army, Mr. Jones.

Scum of the Earth.

Free speech for all but those you disagree with, I see?

"Free speech" under the First Amendment doesn't mean there are no private ramifications for your speech. It doesn't mean I must listen to your speech or that I may not react to it. You pays your money, you say your words, and you take your chances. The 1st Amendment only relates to the government affecting your speech. If I, on the other hand, don't like what you say, I can turn you off, I can call you names, I can sue you if what you say is false and causes me to suffer damages, I can call for economic or social boycotts.

However, taking someone to civil court and suing them seems to kind of cheapen one's stance... You want money for the person's use of your name via whatever reason you wish to use. Sounds like a form of being legally robbed.

Why not push for criminal charges if they're that upset? Slander is a criminal charge but there is no financial restitution usually. at least not in the MILLION dollar range, typically.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I said what I meant. From the examples you stated I apologize for assuming you have a firm understanding of the English language?

""lmao if you think the Corporations spoon feeding us zombies our daily dose of THEIR TRUTH is in fact TRUTH! lmao ""

What kind of English is this?
edit on 17-4-2018 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well I am against anyone including jpnes naming people as actors or doing something nefarious without very good proof (with more wiggle room given on public figures like politicians).

But I feel thiss lawsuit could set a dangerpous precdent to censor conpiratorial views, which everyone on ATS should maybe be concerned about.

How far can we take this.

Lets say a bunch of college professors say that a jewish speaker like Ben shaprio is a white supremacist, and that gets his supporters attacked, him kept from speaking, and death threats leveled at him, can he sue them because thats obviously a lie?

Its seems like a tough line to draw as to what is allowed to be said.

No maybe Jones straight up doxxed these people or told others to threaten them, etc, if so thats different.

But if he just used his program to say they were actors, I dont know that this is enough for me to wwant to see him sued.

I guess we will see what the law says, as I have to admit to being grossly ignorant of this area.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
However, taking someone to civil court and suing them seems to kind of cheapen one's stance... You want money for the person's use of your name via whatever reason you wish to use. Sounds like a form of being legally robbed.

Again...what would you do? If you decline to put a hurt upon his person, then all that's left is to put a hurt upon his wallet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join