It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Torture Made Public!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishbrain
Maybe im wrong about that ive never read the geneva convention but what you just said there i thought that goes against it.

I recomend you read that and the internatiol law peice, one of the first things i looked up when i got internet was the geneva convention.
The agression of troops cant be helped, only once a soldier has surrendered is he or she a prisnors.

The geneva convention states that all prisoners of war be treated humanly.

Yeah, this goes against it and i mean the toruture bit BTW but this doesnt happen regulary.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
They hack out heads off, cut our throats, and some stuff that would make your worst nightmare seem blissful. But when we take goofy pictures of them everyone loads their panties.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by surfnaked]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfnaked
They hack out heads off, cut our throats, and some stuff that would make your worst nightmare seem blissful. But when we take goofy pictures of them everyone loads their panties.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by surfnaked]

How about when your countries service men beat a man to death?
Thats just fine?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Youd be lucky to just get your head hacked off, most prisoners american and iraqi are pretty much tortured to death.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
"But when we take goofy pictures of them everyone loads their panties."

First of all thats one of the deepest insults for an arabic man is to have pictures taken of him naked and the americans know that.
Do you really think thats all the americans do to them? Most soldiers that go to american prison camps never come out and i can only imagine what goes on in there but ive seen on the news a video of soldiers beating a prisoner strapped to a chair and electrocuting him. I think id rather have my throad cut or get beheaded than be tortured for weeks then die in jail.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishbrain
"But when we take goofy pictures of them everyone loads their panties."

First of all thats one of the deepest insults for an arabic man is to have pictures taken of him naked and the americans know that.
Do you really think thats all the americans do to them? Most soldiers that go to american prison camps never come out and i can only imagine what goes on in there but ive seen on the news a video of soldiers beating a prisoner strapped to a chair and electrocuting him. I think id rather have my throad cut or get beheaded than be tortured for weeks then die in jail.

you are pretty well misinformed. one dead man does not equal 'most soldiers that go in'. That dont make it right but give me a break, the propaganda minister has you by the balls.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
And you know that what happened at the prison is the rule but the exception to thereof......

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Thats just fine?

After reading all the posts, you can tell that almost everyone here believes that torturing is what the US military is trained to do. It only takes 1 bad thing to happen to make the whole world believe that everyone else in the military is like that. If the US was ok with these torturings, we would not be sending these soldiers to court martials and convicting them. You must also remember that these soldiers are just the same as you. They wear uniforms and waive their rights to protect yours. Bad situations can push a man to do the same. I'm sure time can take it's toll on you when you are in hostile territory and drive you to do things you would never do.

There was another post about how the US basically asked for the bad things to happen to us because we invaded Iraq. Well, this is just ignorant because terrorism has no boundaries. Theses acts are being commited in places where there is no invasion occuring.

You can't force someone to believe that torturing is right or wrong.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost1
After reading all the posts, you can tell that almost everyone here believes that torturing is what the US military is trained to do. It only takes 1 bad thing to happen to make the whole world believe that everyone else in the military is like that. If the US was ok with these torturings, we would not be sending these soldiers to court martials and convicting them. You must also remember that these soldiers are just the same as you. They wear uniforms and waive their rights to protect yours. Bad situations can push a man to do the same. I'm sure time can take it's toll on you when you are in hostile territory and drive you to do things you would never do.

There was another post about how the US basically asked for the bad things to happen to us because we invaded Iraq. Well, this is just ignorant because terrorism has no boundaries. Theses acts are being commited in places where there is no invasion occuring.

Am I one of the people you believe , that thinks the US military is trained to torture people?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

In one respect this statement is true. Belief in "rightness" is derived from a moral position, and there is something mentally different about individuals that believe torture is "right" and not abhorrent.

Maybe ask someone who has been forced to believe something about torture by being tortured.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Thats just fine?

how dare you, they are not the same as me. they joined willingly.
let me remind you:
terrorism: n : the calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimindation or coercion or instilling fear [syn: act of terrorism, terrorist act]

that is the actual reason we were given for being there.

if iraq or anyone else invades us, ill pick up my gun. untill then you bet your sweet ass there is a fundamental difference between me and the soldiers in iraq.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420 untill then you bet your sweet ass there is a fundamental difference between me and the soldiers in iraq.

I agree there is a big one...........

not to take anything away from someone drafted, but you said it yourself...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This war stinks and the people running the show stink.

Did anyone miss Alberto Gonzales' assertion that Bush is above the law? What about those torture memos?

Torture is bad, but it will always be used. What's worse is when people defend the use of it. It's what the architects of 9/11 wanted, the sheep to be riled up and to support everything that ensued. This crooked administration carried out a HUGE terror attack against its OWN CITIZENS!!
I like how people who don't believe this conveniently forget about the first WTC attack, which admittedly had the Feds' fingerprints all over it. But alas, no more preaching to the choir, back to the topic at hand...

At least they admit that they're torturing people. Makes you wonder what goes on that doesn't reach the news. I'm sorry, but blowing up car bombs and beheading people is different from the torture used in this case and others.

I hear people say that the "insurgents" kill women and children, so they're animals that can be torture. I'm sure that these people know how many Iraqi women and children our military kills as well. Collateral damage, I guess. And, "We don't do body counts," so it doesn't matter anyway.

You can't say we're right to use torture and they're wrong to blow up people. It doesn't work that way. Makes both sides wrong IMO. Our US govt is more wrong for perpetrating this fake war in the first place, but it's not totally their doing; the Bilderberg group really had the final say here.

As for using torture to stop genocide, give me a fockin break. Why don't we make such a big deal about the genocide in Sudan? Oh, wait, they don't have oil out the a$$ over there. How come we don't invade the Sudan and "liberate" the people? I guess the war list is too long right now, Iraq, Iran, Syria...makes you wonder how we're going to win those when we're losing in Iraq.
Then again, they don't want to win the war in Iraq right now...

I'm done. I hope the people who support US torture don't complain when they find themselves in America the Police State. Then again, the conditioning will have taken full effect by that point...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What your saying here is that a terrorist was tortured??

GOOD!!! Skin the MFer alive!! If its gonna save 1 American soldier, than so be it. We're not dealing with boyscouts here, our boys are fighting hard-core fanatics who would cut your white throats in a hot minute.....

You think these terrorist are gonna volunteer information when their caught?? No, they have the ACLU, the World Court and Liberals like you on their side....and they know it!!!

You sick Liberals are living in a fantasy land and you guys better wake up, before its your son or daughter on that 2-minute video with a knife to their throat....

I could give a RATS_BEHIND about the SCUM at Guantanimo Bay...FEED EM TO THE SHARKS!!

Maximu§

[edit on 6-3-2005 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
You sick Liberals are living in a fantasy land and you guys better wake up, before its your son or daughter on that 2-minute video with a knife to their throat....

Please refrain from making blanket attacks of other members. ALso please do not use swear words to get your point across. Neither add anything tangible to the debate at hand and are a violation of the T&C of the site.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What your saying here is that a terrorist was tortured??

Yes, do you enjoy hearing this?

GOOD!!! Skin the MFer alive!! If its gonna save 1 American soldier, than so be it. We're not dealing with boyscouts here, our boys are fighting hard-core fanatics who would cut your white throats in a hot minute.....

So you want blood on a soldiers life?
You want an american soldier to know you beat a man to death to save him?

You think these terrorist are gonna volunteer information when their caught?? No, they have the ACLU, the World Court and Liberals like you on their side....and they know it!!!

Mabye we give a crap what people do to each other!
Would you like people to do this to US men?
In iraq before the war ended there was no
You think its ok to beat a man to death?
Why dont YOU try spending several months at guantanimo bay!
[qoute]

How are we sick?
I am in perfect health and frankly the only "sick" comments and things I have seen onthis thread has come from YOU and this story.

Really?
So you believe in the killing of these men who are fighitng against us because a few men said there was weapons that could hit us is fine?
You believe its ok to do that to someone?

I could give a RATS_BEHIND about the SCUM at Guantanimo Bay...FEED EM TO THE SHARKS!!

And people ask why we call the human race warmongerers and torturers.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

i am so bored with the whole "you're liberal and you love the terrorists" line. really, it's getting pretty warn out if you ask me.

i hate terrorists as much as the next guy, they are scum- but that doesn't give anyone a license to torture.

as i've said at least once before in this thread, torture is a primitive method that yeilds primitive(ie- useless) results.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

News.com.au: CIA 'jets suspects overseas'
March 07, 2005

THE Central Intelligence Agency uses a secret jet to ferry terror suspects for interrogation to countries known to use torture, according to a US report set to go to air.

the plane had made at least 600 flights to 40 countries, all after the September 11, 2001, attacks, including 30 trips to Jordan, 19 to Afghanistan, 17 to Morocco, and 16 to Iraq. The plane also went to Egypt, Libya and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

The aircraft is part of the CIA's so-called "rendition" program, in which suspects are sent to foreign governments for interrogation.

More torture is about to be made public. CBS, 60 Minutes will air this...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Argh!

www.reuters.com...

U.S. Army soldiers in Iraq filmed themselves kicking a gravely wounded prisoner in the face and making the arm of a corpse appear to wave, then titled the effort "Ramadi Madness" after the city where it was made.

The video, made public on Monday, was shot by Florida National Guard soldiers. They edited and compiled it into a DVD in January 2004, with various sections bearing titles such as "Those Crafty Little Bastards" and "Another Day, Another Mission, Another Scumbag."

Beautiful. Just... beautiful.

oh but there is more!

One section of the video showed a bound and wounded prisoner sprawled on the ground, and showed his bullet entry and exit wounds. At one point, a U.S. soldier kicked the prisoner in the face.

Army documents quoted a soldier at the scene as saying he "thought the dude eventually died. We weren't in any hurry to call the medics."

In another part of the video, a soldier grabbed the arm of a truck driver who had just be shot dead and makes the corpse wave to the camera.

And the cherry on the top?

Soldiers depicted in the new video would not face criminal charges, the Pentagon said.

So... these soldier will not be held accountable for these actions... i cannot wait to hear the pro-torture crowd spin this gem...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Nygdan,

I think we should find the people who did this, burn down their house, imprison the family( guilt by association), have Bush personally flog himself on Al Jazeera and then capitulate to Al Queada and name Bin Laden as Grand Mullah.

Where is your anger at the Janjaweed in the Sudan (genocide), or better yet what were you saying when Saddam was performing this hourly in his rape rooms?

U.S. Soldiers had this done daily in Vietnam. Are you writing the Vietnam government?

The Singapore government allows caning! Show me the letter to them.

I believe this is simple anti-american venom.

The U.S. is trying to save lives...yours,your Mom, mine. Those...gentlemen are trying to kill you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join