It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local MSM, share your local story...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Watching the Prime Minister talking to an official from Vanuatu on the TV I was curious, I'd heard of the place, former British/French colony, but didn't actually know where it was.

Quick search later it's a group of islands in the South Pacific, one of which has a massive volcano. So, I search local news there to be jealous of warm sea lol, but no, there's a full on state of emergency going on with the entire volcanic island population being evacuated, probably permanent...
Vanuatu Daily Post

Relevant authorities have been tasked to negotiate for permanent resettlement on neighboring islands like Maewo and Pentecost, the Public Relations Officer (PRO) in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), Hilaire Bule, told Kizzy Kalsakau from Vanuatu Nightly News after the COM meeting.

The Director General (DG) of the of the Ministry of Climate Change and Natural Disaster, Jesse Benjamin, said the ongoing ash fall has taken its toll on homes and livestock thus it is no longer safe for people to live on the island. He said the second evacuation will be done in a more orderly manner, unlike last year’s.
“Last year’s evacuation was conducted in haste, amidst fears of a major eruption. There are some dissatisfaction about the way we moved people at the time,” he said.

Wow, 11,000 people moving again in only a year, and now it looks like they've lost it all, homes, livestock, etc.
Such a tragedy for so many people, and an example of 'local' news which is a way bigger story than most running on British TV news right now.

Anyway, if you have any interesting or whatever local news outlet stories to share, please do, as these are the stories anyone not there will never hear about.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Seems appropriate on 4/20...

Infamous “F# it, I quit” Reporter Launches Online Weed Show in LA.

I think she rubbed her boobs against my back at a bar! Which is my third claim to fame!!

I was watching the news up until she did the mike drop. I was watching weather on the other channel! The boobs came later (she was strutting around like she was it. They closed her business, made her sell her truck (reason for the LA thing), and I think she left the state.

Who knew being a [trail] blazer would be so hard?!
edit on 20-4-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: make sure the link worked

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Your link didn't work for me but when I copied and pasted the title I found it. LMAO, I hadn't heard of her, the youtube of '# it I quit' is pretty funny, I'd love to see something like that on say BBC news.

So you were in the same bar as her or something? She's pretty fit, I'd say she gets a hall pass for strutting if she was in my local pub.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join