It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lindsey Stirling is amazing....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I was familiar with her stuff from YouTube videos, but never saw her perform live until a couple weeks ago.

Oddly enough, at the end of March, I got my family tickets to see her and Evanescence at a huge arena concert coming in August. I can't do these big venues though (undiagnosed autism maybe?)....just makes me nauseous.

Anyhoo, a couple weeks ago, she was giving a small, private concert at a Ren Fest not too far from us. We were there anyhow, so it was pretty kismet really. Got to see her perform live, and she's just fantastic. The family is in for a hell of a show in August too. She has a TON of energy, just all over the stage, and so sweet in her dialogue with the audience.

For those who don't know her, check her out on YouTube. She's a pop violinist, but really, her performance is her big selling point, along with great music. She also often teams up with others, does cover songs, video game soundtracks, etc.

Example.

edit on 17-4-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
She is a delightful performer. Must have been exciting to see her in a small venue up close and personal.

edit on 17-4-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It was. We even got to see her doing the rehearsal earlier in the morning, while the Faire was still being finalized with set up. She walked the grounds at one point, with her handlers, and got a real kick out of all the costumes. She's a geek gal at heart. My wife got some vid clips. Should probably post some.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I like her music and watching her perform.
But I get bored with it pretty fast.
A few songs and I'm done.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
She's fantastic, even my kids can't get enough of her. They will play her tunes ALL day long if they can, to the point where I actually hate Roundtable Rival now, lol.

I really love Crystallize, though, and a couple others.

And I really like this one in particular, the melody & rhythm are fabulous, but the backstory is sad. It's a follow-up to Shatter Me, and Lost Girls is about resisting the temptation to fall back into Anorexia (Lindsey is a recovering anorexic)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

She is a tiny little thing...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I like her music and watching her perform.
But I get bored with it pretty fast.
A few songs and I'm done.

Same. Found her a few years ago through another artist. Have my days where her stuff absolutely hits the spot, and then other days where it's more "nope, not feeling it."

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That's why you mix it in with the regular stuff on your play list.

Every so often breaking into a shot of this is refreshing in among all the standard pop and rock.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Lindsey Sterling AND Evanescence? I am sooooo jealous! That must have been amazing to see!!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

My wife got some vid clips. Should probably post some.

There is no probably, only do!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yes, she's quite good! My kids located her, some time ago, online. Very talented young lady!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yes, Crystallize is utterly amazing, gives you the feels!

Her stuff gets remixed so much, which i think is a compliment to her talent!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

They're touring together. They'll actually be coming through Starlight in KC this summer.
edit on 18-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Lindsey Sterling AND Evanescence? I am sooooo jealous! That must have been amazing to see!!!!!

That concert's still in August. The one I saw was just Lindsey, but only about 140 of us, so it was a pretty cool thing. The combo tour, the rest of the family is going to, I just can't handle that big a venue for some reason. Makes me sick just thinking about it. I guess that's why I live in the country, hehe.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

There is no probably, only do!

Have to see if there's an easy way to snag them off her Facebook. Her phone SD card just went goofy for some reason, but she did post them to Facebook prior to it getting fried

I'll try this and see...

www.facebook.com...
edit on 18-4-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Darn, it won't let me see.

new topics

top topics

join