It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do chemical poisons release when bombed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
A very good question raised by the savage nation.

If you bomb the crap out of a pile of chemicals do they release into the air and could they be detected after the explosions?

If there were any chemicals in those buildings then they would be detectable at this point.

Now perhaps there were none at all and they only bombed places able to produce the chemicals?

However imo if you blow up a chemical ammo depo then there would indeed be fallout and you would be no different than anyone dropping chemical weapons on a city...
War Crimes?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Do chemical poisons release when bombed?

Yes. Look up the history of the Iraq war.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This is a question I asked when reading the report on our bombings. I don't remember what article it was, but someone was quoted saying we hit what we believed was chemical stockpiles.

I'd have to imagine that some of that would have been scattered which strikes me as odd.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Even if they tried to burn them out with incendiaries there would be residues galore. Would very likely require hazmats suit to go anywhere near the site.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
One explanation brought up on the savage show was that the buildings only housed equipment to make chlorine from salt and that the process can be done so quickly there is not much need for stockpiles. Personally i take that as a cop out..and it goes in the face of many un comments claiming active chemicals and stockpiles.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have not seen alex jones vids yet but he claims to have footage of the "gas attack" that started the outrage and some men can be seen winking at each other and some kids going off script by laughing during the showers? take that with a grain of SALT though.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What if It was only a bottle of bleach and a chlorine tablet for a pool and we called it a stockpile?
Or maybe they were the same type that they invaded Iraq for having......I forget what kind they were, anyone remember?
But I do think that if a stockpile was bombed ,that it would be the same result as using them, just where they were activated was not where the people storing them had intended. And should be easily found traces of them in and around the bombed area.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Included in the targets was a scientific research center int he greater Damascus area, described by the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford as a center for research, development, production and testing of chemical weapons. Two other sites were near the city of Homs: the site of Syria's primary sarin production facility and a chemical weapons storage facility that included an important command post.

abcnews.go.com...

Reports are that we hit targets for production and storage....

If so then we just gassed Syria or we just lied.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You would need a nuclear explosion to destroy chemical warfare agents, otherwise the whole area would be contaminated!

Remember this:
Al-Shifa pharmaceutical factory

The industrial complex was composed of four buildings. It was the largest pharmaceutical factory in Khartoum and employed over 300 workers, producing medicine both for human and veterinary use. The factory was destroyed in 1998 by a missile attack launched by the United States government, killing one employee and wounding eleven[citation needed]. The U.S. government alleged that the factory was used for the processing of VX nerve agent and that the owners of the plant had ties to the terrorist group al-Qaeda. These justifications for the bombing were disputed by the owners of the plant, the Sudanese government, and other governments. American officials later acknowledged "that the evidence that prompted President Clinton to order the missile strike on the Shifa plant was not as solid as first portrayed. Indeed, officials later said that there was no proof that the plant had been manufacturing or storing nerve gas, as initially suspected by the Americans, or had been linked to Osama bin Laden, who was a resident of Khartoum in the 1980s."

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If so then we just gassed Syria or we just lied.

Both, you can be sure of it.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
One explanation brought up on the savage show was that the buildings only housed equipment to make chlorine from salt and that the process can be done so quickly there is not much need for stockpiles. Personally i take that as a cop out..and it goes in the face of many un comments claiming active chemicals and stockpiles.

Making salt from chlorine, making household bleach, etc, such basic societal functions one wouldnt even have to do it in a fancy "Scientific Research" facility.

While I dont see how a civilization could even exist without such basic services.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have to add something, think of my comment before!

US Strike in Syria Reportedly Hits Cancer Medicine Research Lab (PHOTO, VIDEO)

But i guess it´s just a coincidence, the worlds most accurate rockets missed a bit, i guess. Collateral damage and stuff...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Chlorine gas kills by not allowing oxygen in the lungs and causes irritation of membranes. Takes high concentrations to kill you and before that your lungs and throat will burn telling you that you need to leave quickly. Now blowing up a place that contains chlorine gas what doesn't burn would disperse to safe quantities in less then 15 min. Chlorine is not fatal unless you get an incredibly high dose. In fact in WW1 they used it much like we use tear gas. Tear gas is non fatal in fact US military exposes its troops to it during training. Chlorine has the same effect with one major difference. In high quantities instead of just burning it can dissolve tissue. But before that happens you'll die from lack of oxygen because chlorine is difficult to exhale.

Thats why if inhaled you treat it as you would asthma and administer a bronchial dialator. You have to expand the lungs to allow oxygen to get in.

So blowing up chlorine plants would have no effect other then making the area smell like mothballs.
edit on 4/17/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Damn, go team America
..if it's true, someone should pay dearly.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Maybe America is just doing limited airstrikes against cancer. Seems to be their solution to everything, bomb the s@#t out of it.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Damn, go team America
..if it's true, someone should pay dearly.

Seems to be true, here is another, not russian report:
Defense World.net

Reuters:

“We believe that by hitting Barzeh, in particular, we’ve attacked the heart of the Syrian chemicals weapon program,” U.S. Lieutenant General Kenneth McKenzie said at the Pentagon.

Link

Btw, that facility is regularly controlled by the OPCW, last time was three months ago, nothing was found!

edit on 17 4 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Oh wow, something is turning, it does not look good anymore for the warmongerers and liars.

I am watching german news right now, Staatsfunk as we say, ZDF(party, CDU controlled).

They showed right now that the OPCW arrived on-site and what the russians found in Douma, a little facility of the "moderate beheaders", where chlorine was made.

Two days before you would never have seen something like this on the german Staatsfunk, which is to almost 100% in the hands of the Transatlantik "brothers".

They even said that nobody could confirm the shown russian videos and reports. But that this doesn´t matter, because the other side does need any evidence too.

WOW!

Will look if i can find a link later, it´s still running and not in their "mediathek".

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Found only that yet, even 6hrs old.
Twitter: RUSSIAN MILITARY FIND REBEL CHEMICAL WEAPONS LAB IN DOUMA #SYRIA: IFX

Map
Tried to find the videos i saw right now on the news, nothing yet.

Then i tried to find the news that ended now and should be in their "mediathek". That happened:

An error occurred, please try it later again.
Maybe they are still uploading, but curious...

Found something else now:
Syria Live Updates: Russia Claims to Find Syrian Rebel Chemical Weapons Lab in Douma

Ok, link from the news i watched is up now, switch to 15.40!
Link

While my research i noticed that Bellingcat(!!!) is trying to debunk everything russia discovers.
Another hint that the russians speak the truth!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

This is interesting

This is a picture from your link showing a compressed cylinder for the gas possessed by the rebels

This next picture is from an CBS news piece showing the containers that were apparently used to deliver the gas

Looks kind of similar
edit on 182018182018bpm17 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

edit on 522018522018bpm17 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Keep on that story for us, prease.

There's also those images that came out the next day of Merck "Chlor" ("lecture") bottles.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join