It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US senators introduce new war authorization with no expiration date

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
www.tennessean.com... -fight-terror/521267002/

www.defensenews.com...

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump would get broad authority to use force against terrorist groups, with no expiration date, under a new bipartisan proposal unveiled in the U.S. Senate on Monday. The proposed bill would cover all terrorist groups the U.S. is currently fighting, and it would not restrict the president from taking immediate action against enemies in other global hot spots.

What a freakin joke.
As if we need to give the war hawks more power to ignore the will of the people.
IMO This bill skips the need to frame leaders by faking chemical attacks and it gives the potus the power to bomb anyone anywhere just by believing or putting the belief forward that they may sponsor terrorism and then bamn we bomb em.

This is their answer to section 2 of the constitution where it says that we can only intervene in other countries if we have a need to protect our interest in said country.

edit on 17-4-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
www.defensenews.com...

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump would get broad authority to use force against terrorist groups, with no expiration date, under a new bipartisan proposal unveiled in the U.S. Senate on Monday. The proposed bill would cover all terrorist groups the U.S. is currently fighting, and it would not restrict the president from taking immediate action against enemies in other global hot spots.

What a freakin joke.
As if we need to give the war hawks more power to ignore the will of the people.
IMO This bill skips the need to frame leaders by faking chemical attacks and it gives the potus the power to bomb anyone anywhere just by believing or putting the belief forward that they may sponsor terrorism and then bamn we bomb em.

This is their answer to section 2 of the constitution where it says that we can only intervene in other countries if we have a need to protect our interest in said country.

“All the terrorist groups the US is currently fighting.”

Brilliant, we just get everyone to change their names. Problem solved... sort of.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Perfectly Constitutional . That is a power granted to Congress and only Congress.
Got something against the Constitution and the way it works ? Or just the US in general ?

And , your point is ?
The "Darkside" is strong in this one I feel.

edit on 4/17/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Its never been about the will of the people!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This is the most insidious nonsense I have ever heard.

No expiration date? At least with prior abuses of the trust of the American people, and abuses of human rights attendant to the behaviour of the US government in other nations, there has been the opportunity in some years to revisit and account for the actions of leaders and military figures...

But this? Its an all you can kill menu at the murder bar! What the hell?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Nope

N O P E

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Bolton whispering perpetual 'phantom menace' wars, Fox News constantly running propaganda pieces keeping fake threats in Trump's face, liberal media constantly trolling Trump into being a warmonger, and a wide open blank check from Congress to run amok roughshod across the planet.

Nice 21st Century of unending global destruction these POS' have cooked up for US.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Maybe this is just a message to the worlds beggars and losers ‘dont F’around! Obama isn’t here to bow and appease you anymore, it’s America first time! We should start cutting of aid also, let’s help our own for a change!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I would be against this.

There's a difference between "Walking softly and carrying a big stick" and "Beating everyone who pisses me off with a stick".

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

America First puts our focus on HERE. Our own people. Our own problems. Not being the policeman of the world and bankrupting ourselves in the process.

I bought the America First noise. And now you're twisting up its meaning to total global imperialism.

And I'm pissed.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I would be against this.

There's a difference between "Walking softly and carrying a big stick" and "Beating everyone who pisses me off with a stick".

I kinda like the latter.
Has more of an effect on one's enemies.
Meanwhile , the "wussification" of the US continues....

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I would be against this.

I kinda like the latter.

I think anyone opposed would be wussy's if our government was honest, stable, rational.

But our government is filled with self-entitled egomaniacs who create wars on everything just to aid in their re-election campaigns.

I want a minimalist government that has the ability to blow the sh#t out of anyone at any time, but the maturity and rationality to refrain from doing so.

I also want a unicorn made of cotton candy to pay my utility bills and give me a back rub.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I would be against this.

I kinda like the latter.

I think anyone opposed would be wussy's if our government was honest, stable, rational.

But our government is filled with self-entitled egomaniacs who create wars on everything just to aid in their re-election campaigns.

I want a minimalist government that has the ability to blow the sh#t out of anyone at any time, but the maturity and rationality to refrain from doing so.

I also want a unicorn made of cotton candy to pay my utility bills and give me a back rub.

Folks being "beat down" to submission by the globalists.

edit on 4/17/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Just a thought. If countries aroind the world would stomp out terrorism (or try to, like the FBI does in the US), there would be many less targets of opportunity around the world for the globalist war hawks operating from the US.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Just a thought. If countries around the world would stomp out terrorism (or try to, like the FBI does in the US), there would be many less targets of opportunity around the world for the globalist war hawks operating from the US.

One would think but then what would drive our economy? How do you purpose to change the goals of the phonetical agencies hard at work feeding the nwo with fresh recruits i mean fresh refugees?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Just a thought. If countries around the world would stomp out terrorism (or try to, like the FBI does in the US), there would be many less targets of opportunity around the world for the globalist war hawks operating from the US.

One would think but then what would drive our economy? How do you purpose to change the goals of the phonetical agencies hard at work feeding the nwo with fresh recruits i mean fresh refugees?

We could always hope their hand would eventually be exposed. As it is now, with status quo, that will never happen.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Is it their right? Yes.

Is it representing the will of their constituents? I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Until the American people absolutely DEMAND term limits, the will of constituents will never be considered in Congressional decisions. On ALL sides and the middle.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Until the American people absolutely DEMAND term limits, the will of constituents will never be considered in Congressional decisions. On ALL sides and the middle.

“If I keep changing brands of cigarette, maybe I won’t get cancer”

Term limits won’t do much; the environment of corruption and cronyism is such that it is the very grease in the machine that is our federal government. They might be a star to stymying the lifelong political partnerships, but they won’t tackle the other factors(lobbyists, basic human greed... etc)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Cotton candy unicorns are the whoop. Their manes are Twizzlers, and their horseshoes are made of taffy.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join