It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North and South Korea reportedly set to announce official end to war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You want to save them, be a hero and go enlist. Or move there and start a movement.

But dont come in here saying my nation needs to start a bigger war that will put millions more blood on our hands, and suck us into the ultimate quagmire assuming it doesnt trigger a proper WW3.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You want to save them, be a hero and go enlist. Or move there and start a movement.

But dont come in here saying my nation needs to start a bigger war that will put millions more blood on our hands, and suck us into the ultimate quagmire assuming it doesnt trigger a proper WW3.

Too bad. Pointing out the shameful, slave-like conditions of the people living there, not to mention your own flippancy towards it, is not a call for war, and I will come in here saying whatever I want.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

For the last year talks of conditions in NK was been wrapped around total military intervention propaganda. As if its our business here.

Now I let foreigners comment on our politics aplenty without making an issue out of it (for various reason). But you know what if foreigners are going to help prop up propaganda to drive US into a war they wont necessarily be a part of, well its time to draw a line there.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

For the last year talks of conditions in NK was been wrapped around total military intervention propaganda. As if its our business here.

Now I let foreigners comment on our politics aplenty without making an issue out of it (for various reason). But you know what if foreigners are going to help prop up propaganda to drive US into a war they wont necessarily be a part of, well its time to draw a line there.

Sure, draw your lines; you have the right to the comfort of your mental furniture. I too have little time for Pro-Juche propaganda that serves only to defend ruthless enemies from the punishment of oppressing millions of people.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You want wars you go rally your nation to go fight them. Or move to those places you're so concerned aboot and start movements.

Now if you want to rally against dictators, well the US/UK/NATO propping up dictators across the world I'll join you in rallying against it. But until that BS ends, we're in no position to even talk about the ruthlessness of others. Especially not while we're blowing up the entire middle east, creating millions of refugees, which i've never noticed you make a big stink about. So hey lets be hypocrites!
edit on 17-4-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If America is supposed to go to war every time another country hurts is own people, then nobody better tell the other countries about Flint, Michigan.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Good job POTUS, SK..... NK

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, etc wasted decades on appeasement that put nuclear destruction at Kim's fingers. Trump spends less than a year on the issue, and NK has stopped all aggressive bad behavior, participated in Olympics, decided to cave and sit down for talks on denuclearization and is now talking about cessation of hostilities with SK.

All of this with the implicit understanding that total destruction for NK's government is at hand otherwise, with US coming out of it with a bloody nose at best. There were no false promises, no bribery (billions of dollars to Iran, C/O Obama), no a## kissing... just reality

This is great news!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: Xcathdra

Because they dont like it when Trump is successful. In case you missed it the left was going nuts on Trump for his stance on N. Korea, claiming it would start a new war.

your insanity is affecting your judgement man.

3) Trump had absolutely nothing to do with this. it was both the koreas that decided to sit down and talk. but please take all the credit if you want, i know it helps you folks sleep at night.

Your statement is false.

I may not care for trump, BUT, he is precisely why Kim is shaking in his boots, and making this move. He is well aware he is next on the Trumps hit list. Wise move on his part. He knows that Trump is not a weak spined lilly livered coward like the feminine obama
edit on 17-4-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

it's hilarious you think trump had anything to do with this.

we don't even have an ambassador to south korea, ffs.

trump supporters will attribute anything to trump to make him look good, but all it does is look desperate. it's funny.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

LOL

trump is the epitome of a weak spined lilly livered coward. he's backed down on Russian sanctions, he fires people via tweeter, he pays for sex - he's total puss.

edit on 17-4-2018 by knoxie because: nvm

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

LOL

trump is the epitome of a weak spined lilly livered coward. he's backed down on Russian sanctions, he fires people via tweeter, he pays for sex - he's total puss.

Actions speak louder then words.

You just saw Putin blink. Guess who made him blink? Obama? LMFAO

You obviously have an address in LALA land

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
If America is supposed to go to war every time another country hurts is own people, then nobody better tell the other countries about Flint, Michigan.

Oh nice, tweet regurgitation.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

what actions exactly?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Tell me where it’s wrong.

If we’re to police the world, and the police can’t be trusted to unbiasedly police themselves, then what should be done, other than to police the police?

We’ve spent too much too long, so go stuff any more prowar thoughts you have with people who care.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If we’re to police the world, and the police can’t be trusted to unbiasedly police themselves, then what should be done, other than to police the police?

We’ve spent too much too long, so go stuff any more prowar thoughts you have with people who care.

Bureaucratic failure is not the same as genocide or chemical warfare against citizens. What nonsense.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Bureaucratic failure is not the same as genocide or chemical warfare against citizens. What nonsense.

People knowingly poisoned their own citizens; and there are still questions regarding the legitimacy of the Syrian chemical attack.

You have a global problem? Take it up with the UN.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

People knowingly poisoned their own citizens; and there are still questions regarding the legitimacy of the Syrian chemical attack.

If you do not believe in liberating slaves from their despotic masters, it’s no wonder you conflate chemical warfare with the failures of bureaucratic politicians.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

If you do not believe in liberating slaves from their despotic masters, it’s no wonder you conflate chemical warfare with the failures of bureaucratic politicians.

Liberate them yourself.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Xtrozero

As I had to point out to another poster today already, I beg to differ.

Just as there is only one correct spelling of the word Aluminium (the one found in the UK version of English), the definition of left and right from a political perspective, do not change just because one happens to be on the American continent, as opposed to being stood upon the British Isles. The ability of the common person to correctly identify left and right does, but the definitions do not.

Put another way, there is the way we think about these things this side of the ocean (UK, Europe and so on, where the paradigm originated), and the wrong way, and only those two options.

Well my friend you can't have it both ways. The Korean problem has been an American problem for the past 60 years, not EUs. The OP is talking about American liberal when he/she says "Left" and the American Liberal is a different animal than the EU left. My point is don't associated your leftness with American liberal, but when you say "lefty here" we can assume you are aligning your views with American liberal views, or do you think the OP had EU left in mind and not America.

So I guess to keep the universe working just right I think you need come up with different naming schemes to differentiate EU from American Conservative/Liberals so that your nickers do not get all bunch up when the term left/right is used to describe the American political spectrum.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

So...you folks are qualified to speak for the Left? Or are you speaking for the Right? Did they say you could?
Like I said, looks a whole bunch like projection to me.

I'm an American so I'm more qualified than you my friend to understand my political spectrum. You constantly engage yourself in American politics and you constantly miss the mark so many times. You operate on the fringe left and that is such a small percentage of America though the media would have you think otherwise.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join