It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration wants Arab allies to send troops to Syria to replace US forces

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
a reply to: nwtrucker

Bush, Obama and now Trump, it doesn't matter! the same deal! just with different slogans, they are on the same boat! Sadly, I thought maybe Trump was better, just that recent attack on Syria, how much did that cost, a few hundred million (&what result??), could have gone to that wall.. or just perhaps better with countless of homeless people in the US.

Of course Trump way better then Clinton, but what a choice, it's bad and worse. I guess Trump is narcissistic and Hillary a psychopath. I take the 1st.

Right.. Libya not a US run operation?
just some random link:
foreignpolicy.com...

Frankly, screw that Link. I have followed this mess long enough not to buy into crap. I know people involved and the U.S. played as very small secondary role. The french role in Libya goes way, way back.

You might try boning up on the Sykes-Picot accord between the French, English and rubber stamped by the Russians and you will get a better perspective on just who's behind this crap.

If Trump doesn't leave you can bitch then. This hit might very well stop a later chemical attack..by anybody. That would make it worth it...completely.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Why would Putin leave? The Russians have had a base there since the seventies. They are supporting the Syrian government against an invasion from hostile forces.

Totally agree
Even though you're a Scot

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23326672]nwtruckerRussia can't stop an Israeli-Iranian show down, whatsoever. Not even sure they care, either. It would drive up Russian oil prices....

Oh but the Ruskies supply Iran with pretty much everything from airliners to nuke stuff and the missiles tech to carry them. If Russia decides Iran gotta play ball in Syria then Iran is going to have to follow orders. Without Russia Iran is toast. All the major powers want Iran Iraqified bar Russia and given enough bargaining chips Putin would sell out the Persians to a fate decided by the west.

Totally agree on the oil prices. Russia's oligarchy needs the price banging up but so does that in America. Much of the the oligarchy in Russia is also dual national with Israel and based there too. You just couldn't make it up could you

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: [post=23326672]nwtruckerRussia can't stop an Israeli-Iranian show down, whatsoever. Not even sure they care, either. It would drive up Russian oil prices....

Oh but the Ruskies supply Iran with pretty much everything from airliners to nuke stuff and the missiles tech to carry them. If Russia decides Iran gotta play ball in Syria then Iran is going to have to follow orders. Without Russia Iran is toast. All the major powers want Iran Iraqified bar Russia and given enough bargaining chips Putin would sell out the Persians to a fate decided by the west.

Totally agree on the oil prices. Russia's oligarchy needs the price banging up but so does that in America. Much of the the oligarchy in Russia is also dual national with Israel and based there too. You just couldn't make it up could you

On the airliner front, Iran made a deal with both Airbus and Boeing to renew their civilian fleets. That's how the Iran deal got slide through Congress and Obama.

What you say seems accurate regarding Iran's dependence on Russia...until they nuke up. Then the game changes. Iran becomes more like Pakistan, at least, not really dependent one anyone. A 'Pakistan' with lots of oil. China already buys their oil from Iran and pays in the Yuan. They'd pick up any slack from Russia militarily, I'd guess.

P.S. On the oil price subject, I don't see the U.S. anywhere near Russia's need for price increases. The U.S. has no longer a need of foreign oil other than a logistics bases. The boom in production offsets the lower price via volume. Really helps the trade balance, as well.
edit on 17-4-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

I had an odd thought

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join