It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gunman shoots at MY son's school!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightranger
RiverGoddess; In response to your last comment:
Anyway...GOOD RIDDANCE to bad garbage!

I am a minister of the spiritual center that Mark Harries attended on a weekly basis. It has been my experience with Mark that he was a loving, caring individual. I can only say "Thank you" to the supreme source of all that is, that no one else was hurt by Mark's actions on that fateful day.

Please don't judge him harshly until you have walked in his shoes.

"Love is not an emotion but a way of being and relating to the world."
The Eye of the I David Hawkins, Ph.D

I guess being MORE clear on what I really meant by my statement. I was not trying to judge this person by this one act.......I was judging the ACT and spewing that his ACTIONS were garbage, and good riddance to the fact that his actions have finished. It was his OWN choices that were acted out, and his OWN choice to take his life, and only he can be held responsible for such choices............I am however happy and RELIEVED it is over as far as the children attending the nearbye schools are concerned. I also am glad my tax money wont go towards CONTAINING him for his choices. He opted the OUT clause. I do not however condone the death penalty.
I do not want to come off as cold and unfeeling to his plight, but I myself went through a bad divorce and I never pulled a gun on anyone or made any threats to the world at large. No matter HOW BAD things have gotten, noone has been threatened with harm from me. For my choices in this lifetime, are for me to learn from. This experiance, has me questioning the educational options for my son.

It is very NICE to see yet another person from Utah on this board...and I appreciate ALL responses.
I thank the ATS comunity for the love and light shed our direction from my posting this information.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
These people just need to learn how to deal with anger in better ways that dont affect anyones lives. Im all for shooting but damn, go to the range and shoot paper not children!

[edit on 23-2-2005 by CmptrN3rd5]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Humans act on emotions, sometimes affected by logical and respectful thoughts but unfortunately sometimes NOT. When the emotions are stronger, the logical / respectful thought takes a back seat. If a rock is handy, it may get tossed, maybe through a window. Always re-assure friends that they are strong and can survive, because they DO have that choice and need to be reminded of nicer choices at times.

Since we cannot predict where those people are that might erupt like this, I doubt we can know a safe place on earth, sadly.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I just came home from getting my son out of lockdown
at his elementary school.

I can't imagine what you are experiencing right now.
My heart goes out to you. That has to be one of the worst
nightmares a parent can have ... a gunman shooting, your
child locked away, and you can't get to the child.

On 9/11 I was VERY glad that we homeschooled. I know
it isn't in everyones future ... but perhaps you might like
to look into it. I know of an LDS homeschool mom that I
can put you in touch with if you like. Just U2U me if that
is something you'd like ....

God bless you. I hope you are all okay.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Wow I'm glad your son is safe. I have yet to hear anything about this in the national televison media.

I don't think most lockdowns are reported on national news unless someone was actually killed.

Anyhow, America has a high crime percentage. I'd suggest getting your son schooled elsewhere (as in outside of the country; England, perhaps?), or you can try home schooling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join