It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gunman shoots at MY son's school!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I just came home from getting my son out of lockdown at his elementary school.
Woodrow Wilson Elementary school in the Granite district, in Salt Lake City Utah.

I learned from the TV, and NOT from a phone call from the school....that a gunman had shot 5 shots at the school when it was letting out. This TERRIFIED ME because MY son is the front of the school crossong gaurd, wearing orange...being the perfect target for some nutter like this!
I jumped in my car and raced toward the school, I could see helicopters circleing....cop cars galore! I had to PROOVE I was this boys mother via his birth certificate! I wound up in a very VERY long line of worried perants, and we sighned a paper stateing WHO we were trying to pick up.
School lets out at 3 pm, and I waited in this long line til 5:15 pm untill they got around to releasing my son.
OMG! OMG! OMG! This could very well be my sons last day in 6th grade at this school, or ANY public school for that fact. His LIFE is NOT worth the danger of a modern education
This is the BIG question I will contimplate tonight! To send him back there or not? Is public school worth this price???? This could very well happen to any private school as well....so is school worth the price??? Not at the expense of a child LIFE I dont think.

NO children were shot.....a gunman was shooting at the school but hit no living targets....and THANK GOD! for MY little 6th grade boy would have been right out front wearing ORANGE with a little orange flag...being a target for a madman!!!

Well...I betcha I am on the news tonight......I was questionong the Principle Mr. Layton in front of the school, and the news camera crew from local channel 2 was right in our face.........
I am just VERY grateful this gunman hit no children. I dont think he has been caught yet though......he is roaming MY neihboorhood as I type this.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wow I'm glad your son is safe. I have yet to hear anything about this in the national televison media.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
wow!! not good at all... Im so happy that you and your son our safe,

Keep us updated if you get any news on this,

Asala

dh

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Sympathies are due- what else?
What a horrible situation
Until the American public deem it fit to take apart their society from top to bottom, this 'lone nutter' or mind control situation will recur
This is about the instillation of fear and chaos in all walks of life
Stay strong and protect yourself - with orgonite perhaps - if that isn't too trite

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh

Stay strong and protect yourself - with orgonite perhaps - if that isn't too trite

ahhhh whats ~ORGONITE~ if I may ask?

dh

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Originally posted by dh

ahhhh whats ~ORGONITE~ if I may ask?

It's a contentious issue - its about littering your home with little blocks of resin,scrap metal and terminated crystal - still it does the job - it deflects the parasites and killers from your neighbourhood
See
www.metatech.org...&_orgone_generator.html

educate-yourself.org...

www.cloud-busters.com...
A small sample - well worth looking into
They'll threaten you and your children and you need to fight back and change things

Salt Lake City, I note - there's a terminally endangered area for children to be

[edit on 17-2-2005 by dh]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
OK...its 8:20 pm now...and the local news is announcing this STANDOFF is over.

It was a man crazed about his impending divorce, and he lived VERY near to the school. Seams as iff the shots he fired were from his own front yard toward the direction of the school. He blockaided himself in his house, and when the SWAT teams shot teargas into his house he shot himself taking his own life.

So I guess he was'nt actually shooting AT the school persay, just at the world at large. The news says this is a 'dissappointing end', but personally, I think its a happy ending. Now we dont have to spend our tax dollars to feed and house some nutter who shoots firearms towards an elementary school becuase of his own personal vendetta.
Good ridance.

I still have no plans to send my son to school tomarow. I need some time to rethink this education issue as it regards to my son. He has alot of homework tonight wich he is doing right now, and together we will take the work to his teacher......and then I have the weekend to evaluate my stand on HOW I want to deal with his education.

No links YET to this news story, I have been checking....when they are posted I will then add the link.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My sympathies RiverGoddess. Haveing two school age children of
my own I can imagine your panic and anxiety at the time you
went to pick your son up from school.

I don't blame you for evaluateing the public school situation.
Are you considering homeschooling? I know several families
who homeschool their children and it seems to be a great
alternative if you can do it.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am SO sorry that you and your son had to go through this. I'm sending a cyber hug your way.

Out of curiosity weren't you the one that said you had a burning desire to move to a safe location? That your dreams kept telling you to do this? Do you suppose that THIS is what your dreams were referring to?

Stay safe. You, your son, and your entire community are in my thoughts and prayers. Having 4 daughters of my own I can only imagine the terror, anger, hurt and confusion you must be feeling tonight.

God Bless.

Jemison

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Unless, there is something else going on in Utah that we don't know about, then this is what is somewhat erroneously called a random event. At any rate, the number of sick snipers in any given community is rather small and the number of possible targets is rather large. Unless you are very dissatisfied with the education your son is getting, it would be better to evaluate what your school did to protect your son and base your decision about his educational future on that information and other pertinent factors that we may not be aware of from our vantage points.

[edit on 05/2/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm glad all is ok...try not to be too mad at not getting phone call though....there are probably too many children to sit down and call each and every guardian......there are so many sick idiots! The poor kids have to be scared to death!
[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

Out of curiosity weren't you the one that said you had a burning desire to move to a safe location? That your dreams kept telling you to do this? Do you suppose that THIS is what your dreams were referring to?

Yes Jemmison thats ME allright.....
But no, this horrid random event had NO part in my dreams that urge me to get away from here. That seams to be stemming from dreams about Earth changes...and not random violence.

I am not sending my boy to school tomarow, it is a friday and I think he can have a long weekend. This also gives me some time to THINK about my plans for the future of his education. Today has been SO AWFULL, that I am sure my thoughts are muddled on the subject anyway.

Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement and you prayers.
All is welcome from my standpoint.......

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
My Advice

1. Take that long weekend. Make it his weekend.

2. Talk about all this with him, and make sure he's okay.

3. Hug him each and every time the thought to do so comes to mind -- but don't make him too uncomfortable about it -- just reassured. Kids need hugs.

4. Make sure to have fun. Do something new together.

5. Remember that all those little things he does that bug you now are things you will treasure many years from now.

6. Never forget this day, and how you feel.

7. Don't let fear overtake you. Rather, rejoice in the love this allows you to share.

Please accept my very best, most sincere and loving regards,

Majic

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Yeeehaaw, god bless america and your right to have a gun!

Seriously though...
It surely about par for the course over there no?

Im not saying its good, no on the contrary its the pits... but is it surprising? No in the least!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Police ID Suicide Victim from Standoff
Feb. 18, 2005

SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah (AP) -- Authorities have identified the man who kept police at bay for nearly seven hours in a standoff that ended when the man took his own life.

Police twice shot tear gas into the home before storming it Thursday evening. Inside, they found the body of Mark Harries, 45.

It was unknown how long Harries had been dead or the cause of death.

The standoff began when Harries, apparently distraught over ongoing divorce proceedings, called his estranged wife and threatened to kill himself.

Harries' wife called police at 12:45 p.m. and told them he was alone in a pickup truck outside the couple's house, intoxicated and armed with at least one gun.

She had not been living at the home recently, but told police her husband owned several guns, including high-powered rifles.

The man never directly threatened police but pointed a gun at a family friend, warning him off, said South Salt Lake Police Sgt. Steve Daniels. Harries eventually entered the home, where officers tried to communicate with him over the phone and with a bullhorn.

Two schools -- Woodrow Wilson Elementary and Granite Park Junior High -- were placed in lockdown during the standoff affecting more than 1,100 students, according to Granite School District spokeswoman Danielle Kitchen.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

I find this ODD they never make mention of him shooting 6 rounds toward the elementary school from his yard! His house was 3 houses away from Woodrow Wilson Elementary school, where MY son attends....

Anyway...GOOD RIDDANCE to bad garbage!

[edit on 18-2-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Although you feel this way ( and I dont blame you, our children are our lives) It was not intended for this man to put that school in danger im sure.
He was a human being who probably had many good days and then his life took a change for the worst.

It was a cowardly act, and if his solution was to end his life, then I hope he finds peace in the after.

I am happy you and your son will take some very much need time together after this horrible ordeal. Warmest wishes.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Yeeehaaw, god bless america and your right to have a gun!

Seriously though...
It surely about par for the course over there no?

Im not saying its good, no on the contrary its the pits... but is it surprising? No in the least!

I'd rather be caught with a gun than without one if someone is trying to take my life.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
GRRRRRR! I can NOT get the S.W.A.T team pics to load...from the news site.

I am hoping the father with a camera will do as promised and send me the pics he was taking at the school.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
RiverGoddess; In response to your last comment:

I am a minister of the spiritual center that Mark Harries attended on a weekly basis. It has been my experience with Mark that he was a loving, caring individual. I can only say "Thank you" to the supreme source of all that is, that no one else was hurt by Mark's actions on that fateful day.

Please don't judge him harshly until you have walked in his shoes.

"Love is not an emotion but a way of being and relating to the world."
The Eye of the I David Hawkins, Ph.D

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I can't imagine what you must have been going through, Rivergoddess. It must have been terrifying.
Neither can I imagine what can drive a man to shoot at a school and then take his own life.
I don't know what is going on in this world of ours.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join