It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I am going to challenge myself for one month.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Recently I have been posting a lot in the political forums. Whilst I have no issue in doing so it has made me have more of a dislike for anyone that views things other than I. I have decided that I will take one full month to not post in anything political unless it has to do with space and planes. Not only will it help me with creating a healthy relationship with people I communicate with but also I never want to change others points of views. I know that I do so on ATS but that was never my intention when I joined. So now I challenge you ATS. Can you do the same and make this website great again and why we joined? Or should we just sit and watch something beautiful crawl into a crack in the wall. And lastly people, have a lovely night and be safe!
edit on 4.16.2018 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Sincere question; why should everyone else stop posting in the pit when you have the issue (as you pointed out)?

Some folks like the rough nature and for their views to be challenged. Although when people meet on the battlefield, it can be war, it doesn't also mean they can't share a beer or even congruent views on other subjects.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I have decided that I will take one full month to not post in anything political unless it has to do with space and planes.

Allow me to tempt you with a riveting story:

Trump wants "space" from Melania as he boards "plane" alone amid Stormy allegations

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

OHH that’s a good one lol
Also that book you reference in your avatar has a very similar picture for the background of my iPad. Well done I say!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
? But ?

? What about the RUSSIANS ?

!!

More IG reports on the way with Santa Fe.

More "cop-outs" getting the SunBurn of their lives !!

😎

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Don’t start with that Xue. You know how much I love responding to your threads. No more I tell you. This is our breakup dude. And I don’t care how much Seeker has to say. We are done, for at least one month.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I will stop drinking beer for as long as you refrain from discussing politics on this site....

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I will stop drinking beer for as long as you refrain from discussing politics on this site....

Drinks commence in 3... 2... Comey is a liar... 1...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
You evidently take all of this too personally. Why let it get under your skin? It's just entertainment.

link   

Sounds like you've successfully swayed your own opinions.

Excellent disclaimer and self-rebuttal indeed.

😑

link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I take it that you and I have difficulty understanding one another about our take on such matters. And fair enough I will hold you to that lol I shall do the same because fair is fair! This one month is going to suck arse.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

No I don’t take it very personally at heart. But it has made my views on such matters to a point they sometimes have an affect on my job. I am fully aware that is my own fault but I think I need to take something out of the equation to help me solve this problem. So BAM here I am taking ATS out of said equation to help.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Poly-ticks.
Is that some kind of new-fangled parasite that spreads disease?
Probably cooked up in some underground laboratory by aliens.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I think I get where you are coming from, and you know, I think that's alright - you do what you gotta do. Obviously you're not telling everyone else to stop, maybe you might encourage a few others or at least get some thinking about it.

Discussion in all subjects is vital to everyone's understanding of the topic. (Going outside politics here) We learn from each other new ideas, new cultural values, maybe even a little bit of empathy.

There was one poster in the past I found I was about to completely write off as a hatefilled butt - however upon somewhat restraining myself I found underneath we actually had a fair bit in common... I don't think they even know that and probably think I am also a butt.

I LOVE YOU ALL

Even that crazy kid Xuenchen.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well , I wish you good luck.30 days can be a long time. cu in 30.

I was starting to think the same. Simply put ATS/NEWS makes me more and more toxic. In everyday live i've no problems. But after reading posts I become 'mircodepressed'. Now I'm at a point were I can see behind almost every lie that is told in the media. But what's the point I cant even talk about it let alone change any of it?

Ignorance is bliss or at least it creates more endomorphines than the Truth.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Good luck !!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
When does It start ?... So we can time you ..... And when will you close this thread , because technically your still talking about politics ....he he he he ......😎

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I think the real challenge is to post thoughtfully and respectfully of other posters whilst maintaining one's position on the issues. It can be done. Be mindful of one's tone and realize that the other poster is also a person. It's not easy but it's also not as hard as one might think.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: CharlesT

No I don’t take it very personally at heart. But it has made my views on such matters to a point they sometimes have an affect on my job. I am fully aware that is my own fault but I think I need to take something out of the equation to help me solve this problem. So BAM here I am taking ATS out of said equation to help.

You let it affect you job?! Dude, that is taking it far, far too seriously. Sorry if I've been ticking you off that badly. I assure you that is not and never has been my intent. I like knowing what people think is all, even when I disagree with them.

Btw, when I was at work today, I caught a good one. Someone typing out the birthday list caught a case of typing dyslexia. They listed someone as Turdy. I think her name should have been Trudy ... at least, I really hope that's actually her name because I think it would be miserable to go through life named Turdy!

edit on 17-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Congrats! You have made it almost 1 full day now.

new topics

top topics

join