It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone enlighten me on Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: dragonridr

That's certainly my take on this mess, it's everything to do with oil and control of its flow and nothing to do with helping Syrian people.

I was asking xstealth for his take on this as he plainly called the oil theory a conspiracy theory.

Oil and natural gas are not the same thing, sorry to be a stickler.

Sure, but they are fuel.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

boom

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

No, but the oil and gas markets are inextricably linked.

My understanding of the "conspiracy" is that the US either don't want the Russian backed gas pipeline or want to install their own in it's place as it either increases the value of their oil market by not having more gas coming into Europe or allows them to play the two markets off each other if they control both resources.

If Russia has their gas pipeline, it will decrease the value of the US oil market.

... and to the point that the US could have already built a pipeline bypassing Syria, that would defeat the purpose... they want it to go through where Russia wants it to go through.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Using Mexico as an example was probably not the best, but most of you caught my drift on my weak analogy.

I am going to read up on the gas pipeline as that seems like the top theory why this region is so precious right now. I also found it interesting that Qatar buys such a huge amount of military goods. Ever seen that movie Lord of War?? Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ENLIGHTEN! It's actually quite simple. The attacks orchestrated by France and the UK were in part shot down by SAMs and in part hit areas and buildings that were either uninhabited or didn't contain anything interesting.
The effect of the strikes in the medium to long term is that additional weapons will be delivered to Syria from Russia, Iran and China.
Most notably S-300s, which were not available during the night of April 13th, and other anti-ship and ballistic missiles.
Basically these bombings have failed in the EU dictated objective to remove Assad!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The effort to destabilize Syria and overthrow Assad comes from Israel and its long-standing desire to expand. Israel is quite skilled at having others do its dirty work, and in this case it is the wholly owned Israeli subsidiary, the US federal government.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

And don't forget the Golan Heights. If the West, GCC, and Israel are able to partition Syria, then there's no doubt that Israel will try to expand their possessions there, too.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Just what I've read:

* The chemical attacks were not from Syria. But they were meant to start a war.
* Assad tries to protect the Christians too but ISIS wants control of the country to get rid of all non-Muslims.
* Deep State does not like Syria because it wants to get away from the US dollar, like Libya and Iraq tried to.
* Destabilizing Syria has been talked about since George Bush Sr was president. This one might be in the CIA archive.

edit on 5/12/2018 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: xstealth

originally posted by: xuenchen

The entire mess is over who gets the profits from gas pipelines.

It's really that simple.

Total conspiracy theory.

They could have already built the pipeline around Syria and been done 7 years ago for years of profit compared to waiting for this unending war and spend billions with their proxies.

America is exporting mass amounts of oil now, it's not about oil anymore.

Care to enlighten us all on what you think this is about then?

Its about Arab spring Syria was suppose to fall under control of Saudi Arabia. As far as US oil interests the longer Iran and Russia cant build pipeline through Syria the better for US companies. The US wants to export natural gas to Europe. Russia being able to move natural gas through pipelines means less buyers for US natural gas. As things set now the US to build higher capacity ports for LNG (liquefied natural gas). So the longer there is fighting in Syria the better it is for the United States.

www.cnbc.com...

Basically the west should be done for war crimes! But we know that will never happen!

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The Syria war efforts are basically about natural resources not terrorism of any kind! After invasion of Iraq X 2 the coalition's forces failed in weapons of mass destruction, therefore instead admitted guilt they attacked another innocent nation! Now you care about Mexican or mid east is not issue after Prince Harry of UK marrying Megan. You need to understand it takes only 1 nuke to destroy America and all its empire in return vice versa.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

In all the time claim abouit Assad attacking his own people with chemcial weapons, no one has produced a shred or evidence or Proof and noone has offered creditable reason as to why Assad would do this?

Sometimes I suspect many of these posts about assad, MH17, Russia etc are started and promoted by people sitting in boiler rooms with fingers poised above their keyboard just waiting for a post that questions things so they can jump on them within seconds.

Funny how most such posts are immediately supported by similar posts.

I sometimes wonder if the brains trust on this site looks out for this kind of thing or do they just turn a blind eye? who knows?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Russian move correct. Let west deal with Idlib militants. They ain't gonna come out of there and survive anyway.
Western pigs will have to bomb themselves. Provocative strikes on Latakia won't save them and won't save western ops anyway.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

But according to you, every NATO/Western detachment in Syria was going to be attacked and destroyed months ago.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
USA to start bombing Mexico!
to free them?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Maybe it is like an obsession. it doesnt have a meaning. Lets say you have an ex and you think it shouldnt have work that way, or you dont understand how it was possible to work that way knowing all the things you know, you always think "there is something i dont understand' looking at that thing. it makes you angry and obsessed and you sometimes find yourself wondering in silly conversations in your head.
edit on 18-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Good luck if you take on Putin you better have lots of body bags

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

It's about chaos,divide and rule.

en.wikipedia.org...

Divide and rule (or divide and conquer, from Latin dīvide et imperā) in politics and sociology is gaining and maintaining power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into pieces that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy. The concept refers to a strategy that breaks up existing power structures, and especially prevents smaller power groups from linking up, causing rivalries and fomenting discord among the people. It was heavily used by British Empire in India and elsewhere.[1]

Traiano Boccalini cites "divide et impera" in La bilancia politica[2] as a common principle in politics. The use of this technique is meant to empower the sovereign to control subjects, populations, or factions of different interests, who collectively might be able to oppose his rule. Machiavelli identifies a similar application to military strategy, advising in Book VI of The Art of War[3] (Dell'arte della guerra),[4] that a Captain should endeavor with every art to divide the forces of the enemy, either by making him suspicious of his men in whom he trusted, or by giving him cause that he has to separate his forces, and, because of this, become weaker.

---------------------------------------

The world is in the mess that it is because the people in charge want chaos. And since they have the power and money to do it, they are getting exactly that.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Seeing how the "reasons" in this thread are scattered all across the board, I'd venture to say that nobody really knows the WHY and that's the way they want it to be. Gives them carte blanche to do as they wish and if the reasoning fits, use it.

I bet the MIC, NGOs and defense industry are loving it tho

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The Russian Kalibr missiles do not make a distinction between EU advisors supporting terrorists , and the terrorists themselves .... I don't think more explanation is needed !

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join