It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Order on House Floor Detailing case for 2nd Special Counsel LIVE NOW

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Special Order on House Floor Detailing case for 2nd Special Counsel LIVE NOW

Confirmed Speakers for tonight's Special Order on House Floor detailing case for 2nd Special Counsel include @RepMarkMeadows @Jim_Jordan @RepMattGaetz @RepTenney & @replouiegohmert. Stay tuned for further updates & watch live sometime in 7PM hour here: houselive.gov...
11:47 AM - Apr 16, 2018

twitter.com...

LIVE link here:

houselive.gov...

This is happening now. I am watching this, Jim Jordan is on the
floor and this is explosive stuff.

I'll update if possible....

edit on 16-4-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

What counsel is this in support of?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This is calling for a 2nd Special Counsel to investigate
the FISA warrant ....

Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.) on Monday is slated to lead a special order calling for a second special counsel to investigate conservatives' allegations of bias and abuse at the Department of Justice (DOJ).

Freedom Caucus chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) along with Reps. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) and Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) will join Zeldin on the House floor to push Attorney General Jeff Sessions to appoint an additional special counsel as current special counsel Robert Mueller continues his investigation into possible connections between Russia and Trump’s presidential campaign.

"Tonight, sometime in 7PM hour, I'll be leading a Special Order on House Floor, joined by other Members, detailing case for a 2nd Special Counsel to be appointed re FISA Abuse, how/why Clinton probe ended & Trump-Russia probe began. Watch here: houselive.gov...," Zeldin tweeted.

thehill.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

What counsel is this in support of?

I think it’s to investigate the whole thing about the allegation that the Steel dossier was improperly used to obtain a FISA warret for carter page.

If I recall it’s been discussed with senior republicans over the last few days

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Juicy update - will be following to see what actually transpires from this

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Over the past 5 weeks, at least a couple dozen House and Senate Republicans have sent multiple letters to Jeff Sessions, BEGGING him to appoint a second special counsel, and giving reasons why.

Sessions's response was to appoint an in-house DOJ U.S. Attorney from Idaho. Actually, John Huber started working alongside the Inspector General in November 2017.

A second Special Counsel will have much greater authority and latitude to hire a lot of people to help him/her, just like Bob Mueller has done.

I hope this action on the House Floor is more than window dressing. If Jeff Sessions isn't paying attention, none of their Congressional pleas will matter.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I know that I will be in the minority of most people that have defended trump, but I am not so sure I want a second d special counsel

I see no problem with Huber or someone in the doj heading up the investigation as long as they actually are willing to do a thorough job

Now I know the problem is it will be hard for someone unbiased to be found

But the same would be true of finding someone for a second special counsel

The reason I prefer handling it within the doj is that as we are seeing with mueller, these special counsels almost always expand to areas they have no business going in to

As much as the anti trumpers deserve to have people the support have their entire life for decades be gone over in search of any unrelated crime, I am more interested in truth and justice than just wanting to get revenge on these people

But I got to admit, I wouldn’t really feel bad seeing someone like Comey or Hillary have their life turned upside down for years l, lawyers houses raided, etc.
edit on 16-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Hmmm not what was watching.

Maybe it is recorded....

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The timing will be great and some results will be just in time for the November elections.

😎

Watch for bombshells we never thought would be true !!

Obama, Lynch, Comey, McCabe, Lerner, Yates, Clinton and 100s of underlings will topple like snow in an avalanche.

They're all going to get the SunBurn of their lives.

😳

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You have to "see" the strategy in a "different" way.

😎

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

If John Huber can summon James Comey for an interview, or jail him if he doesn't show, the same way Bob Mueller can, I'm 100 % for how Sessions is doing it.

If Not, then nothing short of a Special Counsel will suffice.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

😎

Eh I don’t care about strategy as much as I do about seeing justice served

For example, timing an investigation to hurt the Dems closer to the midterms should not even be considered

We have seen with Comey just this week how he played politics instead of serving justice

I know as a right winger, it’s tempting to want to politicize investigational and the fbi and doj as the Dems have done, but I don’t want to sink to that level

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yeah idk, that was weird. A guy was talking about the spread of anti semetism and holocaust denial, then a lady was talking about a story about a jewish lady.that was in a concentration camp.
Now I'm getting nothing from the vid page but a picture, no vid.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Horowitz doesn't appear to be swamp. If Huber isn't swamp either, then I would just as soon leave it to H & H. Just the evidence we've seen thus far is fairly damning and should be a slam dunk---especially considering that investigation has been running under the radar for awhile.

My concern is a swampy SC being appointed by the "Uni-Party" for damage control.

Which brings me to a question: If an SC is appointed to look into the FISA abuse +, would that supersede the Huber/Horowitz investigation or would they run concurrent and cooperate?

edit on 16-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If John Huber can summon James Comey for an interview, or jail him if he doesn't show, the same way Bob Mueller can, I'm 100 % for how Sessions is doing it.

If Not, then nothing short of a Special Counsel will suffice.

That’s fair and I agree.

I admit to not knowing many of the details of what Huber can do.

But if he can empane a grand jury and bring charges, I would prefer him doing it

If not, I agree a special counsel would be needed

Perhaps someone on here knows more about the powers Huber will have

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: xuenchen

😎

Eh I don’t care about strategy as much as I do about seeing justice served

For example, timing an investigation to hurt the Dems closer to the midterms should not even be considered

We have seen with Comey just this week how he played politics instead of serving justice

I know as a right winger, it’s tempting to want to politicize investigational and the fbi and doj as the Dems have done, but I don’t want to sink to that level

Its investigating an executive agency, not the Dems. I dont think it should wait. Its an injustice to any people imvestigated or prosecuted by said agencies while we wait.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

My frustration is trending to anger, after reading this letter from Congressman Trey Gowdy tonight.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

There is suspicion that the Republicans who were against Trump, colluded with Hillary, Comey, Lynch, Obama, to keep Donald Trump from winning, and to help get him disqualified, while he was the Presidential nominee. Now, those deep-state Republicans are running scared too, ahead of the I.G. Report's release.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They can't hide from The Sun either.

The filters will clog.

😎

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I would also be against another special council being created, but given the level of distrust people seem to be having with the DoJ (both Inspector Generals, and the FBI) having a special council may not be a bad idea.

Though the concern of going wild with their mandate shouldn't be allowed. When the outline of what they are looking into should be well defined in order to prevent
topic drift.

***SEMI-OFF TOPIC COMMENT***

Wouldn't it be nice for the American people (if not for the world) if as part of these councils mandates they had to set up a website where people could go and see what they have, or at the very least see that the money going into these investigations are actually producing results? I mean I get the whole "super secret probation" thing they seem to enjoy, but the American people are splitting the bill on these, so keeping us informed without the media bias clouding everything would be nice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join