It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats love unions. Just not for their own campaign workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Interesting article about Campaign workers trying to organize a Union.

The Campaign Workers Guild is siting a bunch of abuses suffered by campaign workers who help elect politicians to office.

They are aiming for "Party Wide" contracts for Democrats and Republicans !!

What's this country coming too lately ?

Democrats love unions. Just not for their own campaign workers

If you look closely at the bottom of virtually every yard sign, postcard or door-hanger distributed by any Democratic campaign, you'll find a symbolic commitment to organized labor — a small seal certifying that it was printed by union workers.

The campaign staffer handing out those yard signs, however, is almost certainly not part of a union.

They are likely working around the clock, at below-minimum-wage, in an industry with unpredictable benefits, hiring and firing practices, and procedures for sexual harassment or other discrimination. They may even have to feed volunteers out of their own pockets.

😀

(post by tinner07 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I worked petitioning and did shop around for a job before I chose one. They all run a bare bones repayment scheme where you earn very little unless you slave away beyond labor standards.

There is so much money too. The organizers and administrators eat up most of the money. Its very wasteful. It leads to people in dire straights on the bottom to just put up with absurd conditions for very little compensation.

Its not normal and so isnt entirely legal all the time making it not for everyone. Thats how I see the state of political advocacy as an industry in the US.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The Democrats are running a sweat shop?
I believe it.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I can tell you have NEVER been on a campaign.

You work ALL the time and your take home pay, is yeah....

You are doing it for America, not the money....

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
On the last presidential campaign I worked for our local GOP. Even though I'm IATSE, I worked as a contractor and negotiated my own recompense.

I hope the Democrats do make their campaigns union shop and taft-hartly all the full time and part time workers.

I don't expect the Republicans to do the same as they are anti union, anti min. wage, and anti equal pay for women, at least that was my impression when I worked for them. I also worked for the Libertarians but I did that on a volunteer basis because I'm a Libertarian.

Union proud, Union Strong....

www.sagaftra.org... www.iatse.net...

edit on 16-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

They love the snip out of them. That's why they scream and riot to allow a never ending wide open influx of illegal immigrants, so that union workers dont have any work to do . In fact their adoration is so profound they like to help corporations export factories to Mexico and China, so the union workers dont have to work in such places.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

You are doing it for America, not the money....

More like doing it to sell out our nation and our souls to ruthless corporations and wicked career criminal warlords (er politicians).

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The hypocrisy prevails .

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You can always tell how much Progressives really believe in the ideals they espouse by what they actually do in their personal lives or with their own money. They rarely follow through with their policies when it involves themselves.

We can go on all night listing their hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

That is complete bull crap and you know it. I myself have worked and campaigned for both parties and have seen first hand how corrupt both are. I have put enough hours into both that the compensation in USD is insurmountable. I even recieved threatening phone calls from both parties during election times. Our two party system is a freakin scam. Hence why you make these threads. Capitalism at its finest I guess you could say.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

yup

all my fault

😁

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I can tell you have NEVER been on a campaign. You work ALL the time and your take home pay, is yeah.... You are doing it for America, not the money....

Ok I guess I don't understand what you are trying to say.

I have never worked a campaign, I do not work all the time, 40 hours a week typically, my take home pay is yeah...my take home pay.

I do it for the honor for the glory and for the money...mostly for the money.

Sheet metal workers...#countmein

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Wow...

The person who came up with this title is NOT a fan of nuance or accuracy, clearly.

Lets get this straight. To state without clarification, that Democrats as a whole (that is every person, or even the majority of people who self identify as Democrats) in the United States, do not want those campaigning on behalf of their political representatives to be unionised, is utterly baseless.

You can argue, successfully I might add, that those running campaigns might not want to deal with unions, but you cannot argue that Democrats as a whole would like everything to be unionised, except the work that goes into producing successful campaigns for office.

I know you had no choice as to what title to post, owing to the fact that the article which formed the main thrust of your OP was titled the way it was, and I appreciate that there was no wiggle room there for you.

But the person who wrote the piece in the first place, and their editor, should have been a damned sight more circumspect and nuanced in their approach, if they did not want to be seen as INCREDIBLY petty and childish in their understanding of the matters involved.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
They also love paying their female workers much less than they pay their male workers.

Funny how that works out isn't it?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
geez...they are volunteers!!!!!.....they can simply walk away and get a real job, if they do not have one already.....what the hell do people think when they hear that someone is an "INTERN" at a business???....they don't get paid, and they probably work longer and are under more stress than any campaign worker passing out flyers or putting up signs for a few weeks.....this is simply another slimy BS attempt to bash democrats, as if we do not have thousands of threads already doing that on ATS.....

new topics

top topics

join