It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News source

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I like to come here, read the threads and then delve as deep into an interesting case as possible. Checking multiple sources if available. I avoid people like third phase of the moon, secureteam 10 and the likes who are known hoaxers or rather they spread clear hoaxes, which muddies the waters so to speak.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

You don't accept our ability to discern based on untruths and reliability when ATS mods and Admins place things from known, established, proven hoax sites into the HOAX forum?

you're sarcastic arent' you ?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think there is no really good single source when it comes to UFO's. the noiselevel is simply way to high. It's more about seeing patterns and combining thinks and than it becomes 'highly likely' that certain events really took place.

FYI This channel I find rather interesting at the moment. The guy is openminded but also very skeptical.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The MUFON reports can have some seldom gems of really strange images/videos, but 97 percent of people reporting and posting images are of birds and lens flares... (misidentifications.)

Once in a while though there are some definite candidates for no-human made looking things

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Why should I? Established and proven by who? I don't know you. I can discern on my own, really. To assume and blanket dismiss is not right to me, that's all. I've seen and experienced things that I know are real and ongoing, so I don't readily accept that it's all a hoax, IMHO. Love ya, man.

Point well stated... Love ya too man... We're all good!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

You don't accept our ability to discern based on untruths and reliability when ATS mods and Admins place things from known, established, proven hoax sites into the HOAX forum?

you're sarcastic arent' you ?

Sarcastic? Not at all. Nor do I intentionally try to appear that way. Let me stress my point on sourcing...

It's that on this subject.. there are reasons things from certain Media sites end up in the HOAX FORUM. I don't put them there, you don't put them there.. this site determines that.

So how? Why? Which ones? And how come generally anything posted from any of certain media, YouTube, websites ends up in that forum?

Didn't people used to check SNOPES I believe? Why? Why are/they the ultimate judge and jury?

My way to navigate through news is I read and watch every damn thing on every main or alternate platform. Then, I try and deciminate all of it and conclude on my own.

As others state.. there is/are no 100% factually reliable and accurate sites for sourcing.

Somewhere on ATS is a list or grouping of which sources are questionable and why. It a valuable resource for newbies and us all.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
I find you have to take the good with the bad. You have to consume all the info only then can you start picking out the BS. That’s why I like ATS lots of BS to sift through,but still truth to be found.

Check out the mysterious universe podcast too, it’s two aussie guys that do a weekly show they are funny as hell,provocative and cover new and old material. They do everything from missing 441,secret bases,aliens,astral and spiritual stuff,ancient civilization. Everything ATS lives for these guys cover.

unfortunately, you probably mean everything ATS used to live for.....

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
As a news source; if you can't believe Alex Jones, who can you believe?

He doesn't often venture into the realm of paranormal/ufo, but the gay frogs expose convinced me of his reliability.

edit on 17-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
i second misteriousuniverse.com pretty entertaining

I guess it's "mysteriousuniverse.org." Not .com. Still, it's a decent site and updated regularly. Some sites just sit for months without anything new appearing.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Probably ATS is the only source of UFO news I read. Points in all directions. Sceptics, debunkers and actual mysteries.

I don't look to other sources.

kind regards,

bally

ATS is the place where most of my UFO news comes from. You get all sides of the coin here. I've seen some amazing disscussion on the subject on ATS.
There are a few Youtube channels that have news now and then though that I follow.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

yes a bunch of cool authors too, like nick redfern

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

What is your favourite most reliable source of alien and UFO related news?

anything verifiable and that can be cross checked.

How do you as a studier of ufos and aliens find the flower in the weeds?

educate one self on numerous subjects that are directly connected to UFOlogy.

When something is brought up like a UFO video then one has a base of knowledge they can use to dismiss things which leads to a possible explanation or is left as unidentified if no logical explanation based on known things can be put forth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join