It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents may face charges, hogtie 'predator' who wanted sex with 13-year-old daughter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: snarfbot
jeez sad all around. hopefully they dont wind up losing their house to this creep in a civil suit.

or lose custody of their kids..

I hope they lose it all. I have a very poor view of vigilantees.

The guy is completely innocent here. He was lured to a house under false pretenses and found himself the victim of a premeditated assault.

Such things cannot be allowed to stand in civilized society. I'm honestly surprised at how many people here are advocating murder for a pedo, when we don't even know he's a pedo because the parents meddled with the status of the relationship between their daughter and the guy.

If he was innocent, he would have replied back to the mother's texts something like "No, what you are suggesting is not right. I'm an adult man and you are a naive 13-year old girl."

Did that happen?

No?

He went over to a house he doesn't own, entered illegally, and was trying to find a 13-year old girl he was not related to?

Seriously. I understand how we cannot support the law-in-my-own-hands mentality, but there is no defense for the actions of this pedo douchebag.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
jeez sad all around. hopefully they dont wind up losing their house to this creep in a civil suit.

or lose custody of their kids..

I hope they lose it all. I have a very poor view of vigilantees.

The guy is completely innocent here. He was lured to a house under false pretenses and found himself the victim of a premeditated assault.

Such things cannot be allowed to stand in civilized society. I'm honestly surprised at how many people here are advocating murder for a pedo, when we don't even know he's a pedo because the parents meddled with the status of the relationship between their daughter and the guy.

I'd say they would be neglectful parents if they DIDNT meddle with the relationship between their 13 year old daughter and an adult Man ... that's kinda like job number 1 for a parent.

What they did wrong was admit to posing as their daughter. Should have kept that part to themselves and said they found the texts and simply waited for him once he police dismissed their issue.

"completely innocent" except for the fact that he is a child predator.
edit on 17-4-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

WHat happens when the police fail to take notice of reports etc !

Or are there are just far too many pedophiles out there now !

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Did that happen?

No.

Seriously, read the freaking article before you start getting on your high horse about what did and didn’t happen.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

There's are too many for the police to cope with in the UK for sure, that's why the paedo hunters are doing the job compiling evidence and arresting them.
Honestly, search paedo sting UK on YouTube, hours of video, lots of convictions.
They don't hog-tie them though, they stay within the law.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

thats pretty decent of folk , it's about time that more effort was made to keep these fiends away from children.

At the same time though we should be investigating and researching what actually causes this among human society

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I think there are a number of factors at play here.

Chiefly it is important to realise that this illness is not new. It is very old. Control fantasies and dangerously perverted rapists, have been around for millennia. However, as time has worn on, its become harder and harder for the people who "suffer" this illness, to cover up their criminal behaviour. The law, in most western, developed nations at least, provides that anyone convicted of crimes relating to sexual activity with a child, will face some kind of jail sentence, with varying degrees of sentencing depending on geography and severity of the assault involved. We have made the judgement that the law must reflect our belief as a society, that these activities are wrong. Coupled with the advent of the information age, where data can be mined remotely and without alerting a target, things are looking, gradually, by small degrees, better and better for victims as time wears on (irresponsible cuts to police budgets notwithstanding of course).

For that reason, and over the last few decades, it has become harder and harder to hide the activities of the criminally sick. It has not yet become impossible though, mores the pity.

This means that we are hearing now, far more about these things than we ever have before. The taboo breaking of the sixties and seventies, the various cultural revolutions and changes which have occurred over the decades, have made discussion of these matters at least possible, whereas before they were, if discussed at all, whispered. These days, things are not quite so compressed and regressive as they used to be, so it is more likely that a person will come forward, if they have been assaulted, more likely too that their claims will be investigated and taken forth through the system, potentially resulting in bringing a case against an offender.

What we do not yet do very well, in any of the developed world, is KEEP offenders in jail for the rest of their natural lives. The budgetary requirements are considered too vast, despite costing a damned sight less than the pointless waste of money that is for profit war, or permitting businesses to be involved in the slightest with the provision of medical care, medication and the like. All too often, offenders are let out early for good behaviour, released into neighborhoods full of unwitting, potential victims, when the FIRST crime they committed was so terrible, that they should not even be permitted to see DAYLIGHT, leave alone be free to walk under it, and then they offend again, because it is a disease which has no cure, whose sufferers cannot be rehabilitated successfully, or totally enough to make them safe for potential victims to be around, or within ten miles of.

Now... this case is one of those, I believe, where the police agency involved simply failed the family. They fobbed them off, gave them no hope or reassurance, and then acted shocked and appalled when the family did what they thought was necessary. The family were wrong here...

... But only because they got caught.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Maybe he was going to talk to the girl in person?

He didn't enter illegally either, he was invited.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Two caught in my town, I watched one live as it happened on facebook. The guy had been 'sexting' what he thought was a 12 year old girl and arranged to meet her for sex. Only problem for him it was a couple of burly blokes who met him at the train station.
He got 2 years jail for soliciting sex with a child. I'd have given him more but at least kids are safe from him online for a year or so.
I massively support the paedo hunters, they do a fantastic job where the police don't have the resources.
They do stay within the law though, transcripts of digital messages, always asked for sex, never offering it as a trap, and making it absolutely clear that the person replying to the advances is under age.

If they started to hog-tie suspects then I think the police would not be so impressed, but I was chatting to a cop the other day and he said most of them support what the paedo hunters do when they follow the law.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Dude.....i was walking home with the wife when two cats run by me with the one behind yelling...stop, thief! I ran ahead to catch them and it was a tk max security dude trying to hold onto a polish immigrant who had just stolen a ton of electronics. I jumped on the pollacks legs and called 911. It took 30 minutes for the popo to show up because they closed the newmarket office.
In the meantime i am yelling to the dispatcher that i am gonna f this guy up if they don5 hurry....30 freakin minutes! Glad it wasnt an emergency.....would have taken an hour.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Lol, police response times are pretty slow these days due to savage budget cuts. I'd phone a few mates if I needed assistance these days, they'll be with me in minutes. I'd phone 999 second.
As I said though, if someone is violently struggling and there is a long delay for the feds to arrive, then tying them up would be considered reasonable.
I don't know the details in the OP, but I'm happy enough with UK legislative guidelines for detaining someone who has committed a crime and wishes to escape.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Canada is just weird man. They have no real sense of self identity as they try to be American, but are British Commonwealth, while their capital is still French. Lol

Anyway yeah, the paddywagon( you call it that) turns up finally and they drag the dude away. Newmarket has a saying. There are 2 kinds of people here....those at the front of the horse....and those at the back! Im kinda slim on mates round here...most are in Cambridge and wouldnt lend that sort of hand! Lol

edit on 17-4-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Lol, I can't comment on Canada much more than I have family over there and they are known as the boring side of the clan. Dead friendly and polite, but boring.
'Paddy wagon' lol again, here in my parts we call it the meat wagon, but if the child in the OP was mine there'd be no wagon called, same if it was one of my mates kids.
We have one of the least resourced constabularies in the UK (here in Devon & Cornwall) so people rely on each other a lot more, and street justice is accepted by the community.

As an aside, I've got a mate from Liverpool and we both laughed at the news story last week when two people got shot in the legs (at the estate he grew up in, still has family there) and the police were 'appealing for information'. Nobody is gonna talk to the cops, someone owed someone money or whatever and got punished, everybody accepts that, heck, the shooter probably walks old 'Mrs Smith' home from the shops and carries her bags.
There is crime, and then there is crime. Legislation is merely guidance to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I will make no apologies for my statement if it were my child.

The ground is soft enough and I know a guy with a back-hoe. They'd never had found the body.

if you are going to bury a body, you need to:

- dig the hole 10 feet deep.
- place the body in.
- cover with four feet of dirt
- place the corpse of a large dog in the hole
- fill in the rest of the hole with dirt.

this way if anyone finds the freshly dug soil, and they dig, they will go no further than the animal corpse.

note: i read this online on a comedy website. not my idea.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

LMAO!
Mate with a pig farm is easier

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

???? You think its appropriate for an adult man to talk to a 13 year old girl in person about the legitimacy of their relationship? What a strange argument.

He didn't enter illegally either, he was invited
by whom he thought was a 13 year old girl inviting him over so that he could sexually assault her.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

All of that is illegal in the UK.
Search "paedo sting UK" and you'll find lots of youtubes. They do it by the book detaining them and passing evidence to police as regular citizens...many convictions, they do a good job.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

???? You think its appropriate for an adult man to talk to a 13 year old girl in person about the legitimacy of their relationship? What a strange argument.

He didn't enter illegally either, he was invited
by whom he thought was a 13 year old girl inviting him over so that he could sexually assault her.

Are you sure? You can assume that, but without knowing the messages exchanged between the two parties we can only assume. We could also reasonably assume that the parents weren't behaving rationally.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Did that happen?

No.

Seriously, read the freaking article before you start getting on your high horse about what did and didn’t happen.

Seriously? Seriously.

I not only read the OP link, I followed and read the original CTV news story which was linked. Seriously.

Desperate for a solution, she said she posed as her daughter and messaged the man to invite him to her home.

"I just didn't know what else to do," she said. "I knew that Friday's coming…and if it is who I thought it was, then he needed to be stopped."

The mother said she asked police to come to her home before the man arrived, hopeful that "they would go meet this guy and catch him so that I didn't have to do anything," but claimed authorities wouldn't help.

She said she confronted the man as he made his way to her daughter's room, punching him before the girl's stepfather and another man restrained him.

bc.ctvnews.ca...

Seriously! Seriously. Emphasis mine (seriously)

Got a high horse of your own? Get off it.

Seriously.
edit on 17-4-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

He didn't enter illegally either, he was invited.

Invited by who he thought was a person who is not in a position to invite people into the home without the owner's permission. Children do not have the right to invite strangers into their parent's home without clearing the invite with the parents, just FYI.

Keep digging.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join