It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents may face charges, hogtie 'predator' who wanted sex with 13-year-old daughter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

People like to make jokes about the "Mounties" but people that live in Canada know that they are basically the Gestapo. They are corrupt, don't bother investigating things like this, and kick down peoples' doors to confiscate their guns after evacuation due to natural disasters. This is completely in character for them.

The parent's should have known better than to involve the police, especially the Gestapo. We have a very strong vigilante pedohunter community in Canada that would've been better to go to..

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The mom lured (so invited) the man there then they attack him. That seems to make them the law breakers at that point.

Cops do the same thing all of the time. Have a female cop posing as a hooker and bust the perps that take the bite. I call it entrapment but it must not be because they continue to do it.

PS: Entrapment must be OK when cops do it but not OK for a citizen to do it.
edit on 16-4-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Why did they video the event? Had this waste of air gone after one of my daughters, he would have left town, never to be seen again.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I will make no apologies for my statement if it were my child.

The ground is soft enough and I know a guy with a back-hoe. They'd never had found the body.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

They are the guardians of the daughter. If they end up locked up, who will then watch and protect their child?

That would not be a good situation.

PS. The emotion word was meant for the parents. It seems like it replaced logic.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm not understanding the purpose of capturing the creep if the RCMP had already so badly failed this family. It strikes me that parents so scorned by the proper channels would have seen this through to a more guaranteed, clean solution rather than doing something that would require them to, yet again, depend on the authorities to ultimately handle the issue.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I used the word emotion before I read that post.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wouldn't have filmed anything or called the cops. I would have called a few mates, same as I would run to any mates who ever call me in a similar situation.
Constables need not to be involved in most circumstances, and in my social circles they certainly wouldn't.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

When the mother invites the predator over by posing as her daughter and then hogtieing him and calling the police what the hell did she think was going to happen?

Because she posed as the daughter and invited him over she essentially destroyed what she was wanting to accomplish.

Protecting your kids is one thing. Playing the rockford files is not a good idea.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Hmmm guess that guy I knew that went to school with me before he dropped out and signed up for the RCMP didn't actually exist then..must've been a figment of my imagination.

Guess so.

Maybe it's changed but it's only been recently because 10 years ago basically anyone could be an RCMP officer.

RCMP Commissioner in 1957 talked about the age requirement being 18. I suppose it's possible that they lowered it to 16 and then raised it again. Seems unlikely, given the firearms restrictions in Canada pertaining to those under 18 possessing handguns, but it's Canada.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I guess that I'm just wondering where she legally went wrong, barring any sort of unnecessary assault on the guy.

That's why I would like to have access to the messages from the start up through when the mom took over--if this guy was the initiator of contact and was being very aggressive, I don't see much of an issue with it. If he was being coy and she was obsessively trying to get him to come over and he just caved because he didn't choose to block her, that would be a different story in my eyes.

But again, I assume that the law that would govern this stuff varies immensely, but this is something that I've never really encountered in any of my legal experience.

Morally, though, the parents were spot on.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yup...if I had planned something out like this, I don't know if hog-tying would be the final position of that guy. I mean, your honor, I caught him in the room of my daughter...I was trying to protect her safety...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
...and I know a guy with a back-hoe.

And I still owe you a favor for that thing.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You cant restrain people in Canada. This was tried by a convenience store owner to prevent a theif from fleeing. He faced charges of forcible confinement and went through one hell of a time.

Canada is a nanny country unfortunately. It used to be much better here.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Unfortunately you'd find yourself in prison if you hurt the guy. Just the sad state of Canadian affairs.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You'd quickly find yourself imprisoned in Canada then, with that mentality. It doesn't fly here. Mind you, you'd be out in 5 years of a 20 year sentence in the bright side.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
You cant restrain people in Canada.

Honestly?
You can in the UK, you just can't stove their face in when they are no longer a threat or struggling to escape.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You'd quickly find yourself imprisoned in Canada then, with that mentality. It doesn't fly here. Mind you, you'd be out in 5 years of a 20 year sentence in the bright side.

Phew, glad I live in the Motherland then

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

in the CTV article, they're saying that she "posed as the daughter and invited him over." Then when he showed up, they let him get in the house and then she "confronted him and then punched him before the stepfather tied him up."

Like you, morally I have no problem with this. Actually, I do have a moral problem with it: it's beyond imagination to me to ever invite somebody I know to be a predator to come over. It's a predator, and the potential for that to go sideways in a hurry is epic. But aside from that angle, I don't have a problem with it.

But it's a country that doesn't seem to hold the right to self defense in very high regard (legally speaking, I'm sure the residents hold it in high regard), and the invite casts a shadow over the whole self defense angle anyway.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
So not true, don't spread lies.

Just visit the RCMP recruitment website and educate yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join