It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents may face charges, hogtie 'predator' who wanted sex with 13-year-old daughter

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
There are NO legitimate reasons for a man to go to 13 year old room with out the explicit consent of the 13 year olds parents. ... except maybe if he's a firefighter reporting to a fire.

There's when one of those small details appears, we don't know what happened when the man reached the house.

So if we assume it really happened that the man went to the girls room ... then we also need to assume he intended to molest her.

I will never accuse anyone of any thing based on assumptions, even if I have suspicions about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

If someone texted my 14-year-old son about wanting to assault him in ways against the law, and they showed up at my house, you better believe that they would be getting detained in some manner.

The thing is, he did not just "show up" at the house. He was invited to the house. They are morally justified but I don't think that would be acceptable even if this were not taking place in Canada. It'd be false imprisonment... assault.. a laundry list of charges.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: SlapMonkey

When the mother invites the predator over by posing as her daughter and then hogtieing him and calling the police what the hell did she think was going to happen?

Because she posed as the daughter and invited him over she essentially destroyed what she was wanting to accomplish.

Protecting your kids is one thing. Playing the rockford files is not a good idea.

Not to mention she might have hurt any criminal case against him... "I thought I was always talking to the mother - not the daughter".....

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

That would be the thinnest defense ever. The problem is, though, that we're not privy to the exchanged messages, so until that ever gets released, we won't know was exchanged for sure.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Aazadan

I understand your position..generally, however I have not much of an issue entrapping people who would molest our children..it's not the kind of thing a normal/good person gets trapped in.

You could say that of any crime where we use sting operations. A normal/good person doesn't plan to rob a bank or sell large amounts of drugs, or kill someone either.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'll take a thief or a drug dealer living in my street than a paedo, any day.
You may think robbing a bank or dealing drugs is on a par with raping kids but I don't.
I love that the UK police are now accepting paedo hunters as part of the protecting kids tool bag, but if you don't live here I guess you have nothing to worry about.
I assume you are writing to your elected representitives to protect them from the 'harrassment' you deem paedo hunters to be in the UK.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I care far less about the BS drug war or bank robbers than the lifelong personal destruction caused by child rapists/molesters..a whole different level of subhuman..not even remotely in the same category. Drug use is a self induced thing, money from a bank is just money..it has no feelings.
Preventing a murder via sting..I can't say It bothers me..too much.
I understand what you are saying though.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying though.

What do you understand?
My interpretation is the member see's posting a fake profile of a child and responding to unsolicitated requests for sex as harrassment.
It is a crime to solicit a child for sex in it's own right, and an imprisonable offence. In the UK the guy in the OP wouldn't even have to have enterered the house to be detained, just his crime of soliciting sex from a child would be enough.
Only the people involved know what the transcript of the messages is, but if he solicited sex then he'd be going to jail here for that alone.
Perfectly legal stings which certain members feel are unethical???
Screw that, anyone who wants to # kids deserves to be sprung in a sting. Scum.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Let me b clear, I don't agree with the poster, I think when it comes to this kind of crime he is flat out wrong..I believe his point is about a slippery slope kinda thing. He/she is painting a bigger picture and not looking at the crime in particular.

I understand the concept of slippery slope..thats it.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Let me b clear, I don't agree with the poster, I think when it comes to this kind of crime he is flat out wrong..I believe his point is about a slippery slope kinda thing. He/she is painting a bigger picture and not looking at the crime in particular.

I understand the concept of slippery slope..thats it.

I get ya, we share similar sentiments

When it comes to grooming and raping kids though I'll take entrapment within the law every time. They are a special type of sick criminal in my opinion...and UK police/courts generally agree, hence paedo hunters have evolved from citizens where our under-resourced police cannot do the job.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

We are on the same page

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

EDIT

edit on 19-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

We have the Creep Catchers..they have caught school principals, police officers..etc, people who likely would of gone under the radar, I support them but they have also made mistakes in publicising the wrong name at least once..thats were it gets problematic, I think they learned from it though.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

There is a code of conduct here, no offers, just wait for the paedos to incriminate themselves by soliciting sex from someone they believe to be a child. No entrapment, just a fake profile and unwanted attention from paedos so they effectively hang themselves.
How anyone can think such a course of action to catch child rapists is 'harrassment' is beyond my comprehension.
EDIT
The meet-up is always best because they can't delete evidence on their paedo phone. High conviction rate in the UK, the police are considering joint working and training/accreditation in some areas for paedo hunters. It seems everyone is happy with how things are in the UK except paedos, and certain members who claim it is harrassment.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Listen to the conversation in this paedo sting and try to defend the groomer...

EDIT
For anyone not watching to the end, the police arrest him for soliciting sex with a child. That is the crime.

EDIT
This one wanted to have sex with a male child...

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Listen to the conversation in this paedo sting and try to defend the groomer...

EDIT
For anyone not watching to the end, the police arrest him for soliciting sex with a child. That is the crime.

EDIT
This one wanted to have sex with a male child...

...paedo hunters do a good job in the UK, even if some people think that is entrapment and harrassment.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Just curious, what do you think about people that lie and use their bigger experience in life to make children do what they want?

new topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join