It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents may face charges, hogtie 'predator' who wanted sex with 13-year-old daughter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
[all things not "officially" quoted are just my paraphrasings...you should be able to tell the difference]

Here's the full headline in pretty blue letters: Parents may face charges after hogtying 'predator' they say wanted sex with their 13-year-old daughter

So, here's the claim from the parents: They went to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (yes, this is a story from Canada) a month before, and that the police didn't do much.

The teen girl's mother, who is also not being identified to protect the identity of the minor, told CTV in an interview that she had alerted the police more than a month before the episode -- but got no real response.

"They wouldn't even look at my phone. They just said to block him and forget it," she claimed. "I've been waiting for six weeks for the police to give me a name behind the Instagram account."

The RCMP then countered with, "Nuh-uh, we did too do something, eh!"

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), the country's federal law enforcement body, disputed that account. According to authorities, the man in the video was in fact under investigation for child solicitation since March, after the mother brought the matter to their attention.

"The police had directed her not to take matters into her own hands, that we were investigating it," an RCMP spokesman told CTV. "She was directed not to make the meet happen."

So, I don't know about up there in Canada, but not listening to the police and still doing something like this here in America doesn't seem like it would be a crime.

The parents knew that this guy was trying lure their daughter into a sexual situation because of messages from the man to the daughter. Parents say, "Eff that, let's get this guy here and hold him until the cops can show up." So they do, dude shows up, they hog-tie him until police arrive, and broadcast the whole thing live via their phone as they do it.

Now the parents are facing possible charges of assault, and the predator didn't get anything for showing up at the house. And apparently he's been under watch by the RCMP for a few months.

"Shouldn't a guy be able to protect his own family in his house?" the father told The San Francisco Chronicle. "This is ridiculous, and I felt that was the best way to do it."

You're GD right, dad! I support these parents all the way.

And to top it all off, the RCMP were worried about how the parents' actions may have screwed up the police investigation...what?!

A link to the Canadian media with a bit more info: Parents defend vigilantism against man under investigation for child luring

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

If you live in a country like Canada or the UK that commonly prosecutes self-defense actions then why in the world would you involve the police ever?

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The mom lured (so invited) the man there then they attack him. That seems to make them the law breakers at that point.
edit on 4/16/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The RCMP are useless...fun fact...you only need to be 16 and not even a high school graduate to sign up for the RCMP.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The mom lured (so invited) the man there then they attack him. That seems to make them the law breakers at that point.

the creep is trying to bang their 13 yo daughter... i would have gone to him in a heartbeat!

take it right to trial, all you need is 1 parent on the jury.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

That's strange, since their website says you have be at least 19 at the time you start with them and have a high school diploma or equivalent.

@ - OP: gotta agree with Infolurker. Yea, a guy has a right to defend his family in his own home....but that right gets a little fuzzy when you invite somebody over with the intent of putting hands on them.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

the creep is trying to bang their 13 yo daughter... i would have gone to him in a heartbeat!

take it right to trial, all you need is 1 parent on the jury.

In a sane world I would agree with ya! But it's Canada.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I can see that point of view, but I'm not privy as to what the instagram text messages were saying. If it was obvious that he was coming there to commit a sexual assault on (who the alleged predator assumed was) the young girl, I think that the parents have every right to detain him once he entered their home.

If someone texted my 14-year-old son about wanting to assault him in ways against the law, and they showed up at my house, you better believe that they would be getting detained in some manner.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the videos to load on my network right now, so I'll have to watch those later. If they physically assaulted the hell out of the guy just for him showing up, then I might change my mind, but if it's a case of tackling in order to keep him from running while he was tied up, then...meh.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think it boils down to how the mother invited him over. Did she invite the predator through her daughter's phone/account? Because if that's the case then the predator is in the wrong because he's accepting an invitation from a minor whom he's been sexually illicit to. I have a hard time believing the guy came over knowing the parents were involved.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I can see the police being miffed if they had this guy in an ongoing investigation and it was larger than just him, so they needed to leave him roam for a while to try to make the bigger sting.

However, if that was the case, they really, really needed to be in communication with the parents. For crying out loud, this is a 13-year-old girl and a child predator we're talking about! I think the parents need to be reassured as to the status of the investigation to a certain extent.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

If you live in a country like Canada or the UK that commonly prosecutes self-defense actions then why in the world would you involve the police ever?

We just don't hog-tie, but many paedo's are caught every week through citizen action online, lots of convictions from citizen arrests. Don't believe the hype.
youtube sting paedo

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Evidently you don't have children and never intend to.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I seems they must have let him into the house and they knew why he came there. They didn't tell him to stay out and he force his way in. Bad play on their part.

They should have kept it out on the street if they were going to so an ambush.

I don't support the man, he's a sad excuse. It just seems the parents made a really poor plan.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Evidently you don't have children and never intend to.

I have kids, and the last thing I'd ever consider doing is inviting a person I know to be a predator over to my house.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

It's a crime to solicit sex with a child in the UK, digitally or otherwise. Here, the parents would be entitled to make a citizen arrest for that crime alone...but hog-tied, not so much, unless of course the police were a long time away and the accused was struggling violently. Just got to be reasonable in the UK.

link   
Just pointing out how persons' emotions made a situation even worse.

If they end up in jail, what about the daughter then.

link   

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yeah, sorry. I posted out of emotion. It was probably the wrong way to go about things but sometimes the police just aren't interested...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The police don't give a flying f#ck about your daughters.
edit on 16-4-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Was better than nevermind

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: dug88

That's strange, since their website says you have be at least 19 at the time you start with them and have a high school diploma or equivalent.

@ - OP: gotta agree with Infolurker. Yea, a guy has a right to defend his family in his own home....but that right gets a little fuzzy when you invite somebody over with the intent of putting hands on them.

Hmmm guess that guy I knew that went to school with me before he dropped out and signed up for the RCMP didn't actually exist then..must've been a figment of my imagination.

Maybe it's changed but it's only been recently because 10 years ago basically anyone could be an RCMP officer.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join