It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Cop Who Was Fired and Criminally Prosecuted [...]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Is suing to get his job back.
m.eastbayexpress.com... s-suing-to-get-his-job-back

File this one under “Officers to keep an eye on.”

Former Oakland police Officer Cullen Faeth has filed a lawsuit against the city of Oakland alleging that the police department violated his rights when it decided to fire him for attempting to break into a random family's home, while drunk, and physically attacking them.

Faeth is now demanding to get his job back, plus hundreds of thousands of dollars in back pay since he was fired. He's also demanding that the city "purge" its internal affairs file documenting the bizarre incident that led to his firing.

That’s quite an ask given the headline.
What incident specifically, you ask?

The incident, which occurred on Dec, 7, 2015 at 9:15 p.m. followed an evening of heavy drinking by Faeth and other off-duty police officers at Monaghan's bar, a favorite hangout for Oakland cops in the city's Montclair district. Faeth left the bar heavily intoxicated and somehow ended up at the nearby home of Olga and Nemesio Cortez in the Oakland hills. According to criminal and civil court records, Faeth began banging on the door and yelling and demanding entry.

"Open the #ing door," he allegedly yelled, according to court records. When Nemesio Cortez stepped outside and attempted to tell Faeth to leave, Faeth kicked him in the stomach. He then grabbed Olga Cortez and tackled her to the pavement, according to civil and criminal court records.

He pled down public intoxication and disturbing the peace, having the trespassing and battery charges dismissed.

Faeth's lawsuit against the city, filed on March 2 in Alameda County Superior Court, alleges that the Oakland police and city attorney's office "cherry picked" evidence and concealed and withheld other "exculpatory" material that was relevant to the key charges he faced. As a result, Faeth claims he was denied his rights to appeal his firing.

I’m really curious as to what exculpatory evidence he thinks he has that wild excuse his behavior; but it honestly sounds like he just grasping at straws for a payday one some sort of technicality.

What bothers me though, because I honestly doubt the city would be dumb enough to re-hire this stooge, is where he’ll go next; god forbid another precinct somewhere likes his style and hires him on. I feel like the actions detailed in the article are the kind of thing that should get you black-balled from the community at large.
I have a friend who would lose his CDL-A outright if he ever caught a DUI, but this officer thinks he’s owed his job and back pay after a drunken rampage? Madness... with any luck, reason and sense will prevail.

Stay safe, and don’t answer the door after dark.
edit on 4/16/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Faeth is now demanding to get his job back, plus hundreds of thousands of dollars in back pay since he was fired.

At first I was wondering how he could be owed hundreds of thousands of dollars when he's only been out of work for a little over two years.

Apparently the average compensation for police officers in Oakland is $162,000/year.

If I was getting that every year I'd be fighting to get my job back as well regardless of how warranted my termination.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's Oakland, the same department that has officers running prostitution rings and other officers loaning out their service weapons to "friends" who then use the weapons to commit violent crimes.

This guy suing for his job is barely a blip on the radar.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I honestly doubt the city would be dumb enough to re-hire this stooge,

Wanna bet? Dead serious. $50 they either re hire him and/or pay him off.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I honestly doubt the city would be dumb enough to re-hire this stooge,

Wanna bet? Dead serious. $50 they either re hire him and/or pay him off.

I’m suddenly vastly less confident in my statement

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'd be willing to wager if You were making $162k You'd be at work 15 min. early and stay in Your Beat until called in...

This is obviously a TURD that got into police work to 'settle vendettas' probably got some wedgies in the locker room while in high school and instead of getting involved w/an after school activity/sports this guy spied on folks..

It is the best JOB in the world and hard enough that TURDS like this makes it WORK.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So the guy gets drunk, demands to enter a house that's not his, and beats up the occupants.

That is serious stuff. It's not like he got drunk and peed in the street or played music too loud.

Why on Earth would you want an employee like that? For $160k/year there isn't a line for that job?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Good grief, he's suing, and he wasn't even charged with assault or trespassing? Some places, he'd have likely been shot. Rightly, too, all considered. Anyone banging on a door where I live would likely face a gun owner, and not be allowed to do what he did.

They ought to reexamine the initial charges, and add in what he plead down before.

top topics

join