It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonsil Stones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Does anyone have any experience with dealing with tonsil stones on here? any advice would be helpful. Didnt realize i had this until i saw this video and tried myself. very relieving feeling once you pop those nasty little suckers out.

edit on 16-4-2018 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

Why do we have to be so disgusting... Hu-Mans...

But thanks for the anatomy lesson,

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

www.webmd.com...

Your tonsils are filled with nooks and crannies where bacteria and other materials, including dead cells and mucous, can become trapped. When this happens, the debris can become concentrated in white formations that occur in the pockets. Tonsil stones, or tonsilloliths, are formed when this trapped debris hardens, or calcifies. This tends to happen most often in people who have chronic inflammation in their tonsils or repeated bouts of tonsillitis. While many people have small tonsilloliths that develop in their tonsils, it is quite rare to have a large and solidified tonsil stone.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hmm
I,am,staring and flagging this thread just hoping others suffer watching that film clip.
That's just wrong for,some reason
Black head removal, cyst removal, bring on a Trump Clinton thread

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You sick bastard!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: Raggedyman

You sick bastard!

y

I got a feeling this thread is going to get ugly

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yep - my hubs is the original tonsil stone master. He "milks" them when he can feel them clogging things up. He uses a straw or the end of his toothbrush and pushes gently so that they pop out. He says the feeling of relief is enormous.

Do not eat or drink any milk products after 7 pm - that is essential (at least in his case). Food gets trapped in those crypts (they are called crypts) and food particles accumulate. They can get so huge as to hurt.

Whatever you do, for the love of all that is sacred to you - do not, and I mean do NOT smell them. They are a biohazard of olfactory levels you will regret forever.

Some people (he does) find relief in swishing with a good mouthwash (like Listerine).

The tonsils are part of the immune system. A family member just had an infected tonsil due to the enormity of his stones. A few days of antibiotics reduced the swelling and pain, fixed the fever. So, they can cause trouble now and then.

More info:
Tonsilloliths, also known as tonsil stones, are soft aggregates of bacterial and cellular debris that form in the tonsillar crypts, the crevices of the tonsils.[1] While they occur most commonly in the palatine tonsils, they may also occur in the lingual tonsils.[1] Tonsil stones are common. Tonsilloliths have been recorded weighing from 0.3 g to 42 g.[1]

Protruding tonsilloliths may feel like foreign objects lodged in the tonsil crypt. They may be a nuisance and difficult to remove, but are usually not harmful. They are one of the causes of bad breath and always give off a putrid smell.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 16-4-2018 by InvisibleLady because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2018 by InvisibleLady because: added website for more info

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

My niece gets them. She pushes hers out with a q-tip.

I have had them come out spontaneously. I know one thing.... they smell awful.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Vitamin C gets rid of mine. 1000 mg a day will do it.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Just had to make this about popping.
Didn't you?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Haha, this is right down my alley. So I remember the first time one of those stones came out of my mouth was when I was 12, and I've been obsessive about getting rid of them ever since. I can move my tongue back far enough that I can just kind of absentmindedly explore my tonsils with my tongue and when I feel something in there I just apply pressure and it usually pops right out and I can spit it out. I used to have to use my hand to push my tongue back far enough but now I can reach both my tonsils with my tongue with no issues.

For a long time I thought there was something wrong with me because most of the people I asked about them who had tonsils had no idea what I was talking about, so either I have unusually cavernous tonsils or most other people aren't self conscious enough to notice them when they do pop out.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I had terrible tonsil trouble as a young man, i was left with crypts in them and suffer from stones now and again, i give them a press and sometimes get small amounts of stinky stones, horrible. iam in my fifties now, still alive, so they have not killed me

edit on 16-4-2018 by Quadlink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Yeah I’ve had them off and on for years, some people like myself have larger openings and so I get them easy. A couple things you can do for them, look for an oral irrigator, basically a syringe without a needle you can use to flush them out. You can also massage them out like a couple others here have stated.

As for the smell, look into “oil pulling”. Basically I use coconut oil, about a tablespoon, swirl it in your mouth for 15 min them spit it into a cup and throw it outside. DO NOT put it down your sink it’s not good for septic systems or sewers.

Oil pulling is kinda like mouth wash but most mouth wash has a burning sensation and the taste is hard to get out of your mouth. The coconut oil has a pleasant taste and washes out very easy with a little warm water, leaves your mouth feeling naturally clean and fresh.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Vile secretions!
I used to get them when I was a kid.
I would get tonsillitis and strep throat non stop.

Get those tonsils removed and the problem will cease.

No more bad breath, no hacking because you can feel them in the back of your throat,
No more shoving the end of spoons and various other utensils down your throat, so you can dig those bad boys out.

Just watched that video... my god that dude was packed.
Almost puked

edit on 16-4-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have them. I’ve always had terrible breath due to those Effie things. Still have my tonsils. I’ve been seriously considering having them removed hoping it will help with my halitosis. I think my tonsils are too big and constrict my air intake. Plus, I can’t swallow food unless I chew it to a paste. I chew every bite at least 30 times. I’ve watched people chew and most are around 10-15. I believe this also contributes to the stones as more food gets lodged in the nooks and crannies because of how fine it is. I’ve had bad breath since forever. I never talk to people directly, face to face because of this as well. It sucks being so self conscious about it. I’m told im a good looking guy. Girls hit on me often but I don’t really engage for fear of my breath killing them. And I brush and mouthwash 3 Times a day. I’m pretty confident having my tonsils removed will help me with these issues. Anyone think it’s a good idea?

Just saw the post above. I’m going to do it. I wonder if my insurance will cover it.
edit on 16-4-2018 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Starhooker, just tell the girls there is a serial killer hiding in your mouth and when you open it, girls are never seen or heard of again.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
My tonsils are unexplainably missing.
I did recently pop what appeared to be a small piece of stainless steel out of my lower eyelid.
It left a scar and now I look like a bad guy from a movie.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

dont rush into the surgery do your reserch first. if im not mistaken ive read somewhere that removing the tonsils doesnt always get rid of stones permanently
tonsilstoneremoval.org... not suree if tis is where i read it
edit on 17-4-2018 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join