It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Syria block chemical weapons inspectors access to the site in Douma

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Seeing as you side stepped the question from the other poster I'll ask you directly.

Do you think the UK, US and France should have waited for the OPCW report before launching military strikes against Syria?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

What do you not understand about:-

"No, I don't think we should have waited"?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: alldaylong

No source for your "paperwork" claims, then?

No, I don't think we should have waited. Particularly given the ridiculous delay and obstruction they are facing.

You are making nonsense up, unless you can back up your "paperwork" claim?.

As you can't be bothered to do it for yourself, here i have helped you.

A top Russian diplomat, Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov, chalked up the delay to a permitting issue. The Associated Press reported that Ryabkov "says the mission wasn't allowed in because it hadn't secured the approval of the U.N. Department for Safety and Security."

khsu.org.../0

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

If you are going to make claims it is for you to back them up, not for me to do the work for you.

Your source does not back you up:

"The Syrian and Russian officials who participated in the preparatory meetings in Damascus have informed the [Fact-Finding Mission] Team that there were still pending security issues to be worked out before any deployment could take place," Üzümcü said.

"Pending security issues". I would rather believe the Director General of the OPCW than the likes of the comical Lavrov, etc.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Says it all really, you are championing for a war without any proof. You are a big part of the problem of the state of our planet.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

It was not war. It was a very limited strike on specific targets.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Do you know what a " Permit " is.?

Let me help you again.

An official document giving someone authorization to do something

en.oxforddictionaries.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Because the solution to a war is to add more bombs, more bombs without proof and to raise global tensions to an all time high since the cold war. Come off it

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Yes, I do know what a permit is. I also know BS when I smell it.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Qatar is an ally to the West. Qatar and the west wanted a pipeline to go through Syria into Europe. Why? So the West did not have to rely on Russia.
Assad said no because they are allies with Russia.

The West try to overthrow Assad like they done in Iraq and Libya, but arming rebels (terrorist) Then next comes the fake news and false flags to justify this.

Russia aids Syria, pushing back the rebels (terrorists)

Now it is time to make Russia look like Monsters. False flags, propaganda, and fake news. All to justify what they are doing.

The weak minded will fall for it over and over again. Just like Iraq and Syria.

This is all about a pipeline!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I also know BS when I smell it.

I hope you do?

You talk plenty of it.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I also know BS when I smell it.

I hope you do?

You talk plenty of it.

Problem is, most people have been conditioned from a young age. Be it through patriotism for your country, fake news, and thinking our government has our best interests.

All b.s. of course because these people are sociopaths who only crave control and power.
edit on 17-4-2018 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: xstealth

Were these the inspectors chosen by the US or the ones the Russians selected?

We vetoed and blocked inspectors being sent by the UN that they suggested.

I think both teams of preferred inspectors should go.

If they blocked their own selected international chemical weapons inspectors then that smells fishy to me.

Edit to add:
I wish idiots hadnt bombed the evidence before the inspectors had a chance to prove culpability

That bombing cemented the accusation in my mind that the west were liars in blaming Russia or Syria for this chemical attack.

The US wants proxy war with Russia. Europe wants control over the future pipelines in Syria. Never forget that.

This way you cant clean it up too fast and someone CAN get there to inspect eventually. To leave it stand and get stonewalled like Iraq did is not happening.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Back to insulting me, eh? To be expected from you, I suppose.

A top Russian diplomat, Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov, chalked up the delay to a permitting issue. The Associated Press reported that Ryabkov "says the mission wasn't allowed in because it hadn't secured the approval of the U.N. Department for Safety and Security."

However, a U.N. spokesperson told NPR's Michele Kelemen: "The United Nations has provided the necessary clearances for the OPCW team to go about its work in Douma. We have not denied the team any request for it to go to Douma."

You claimed they needed a "permit". from your source it mentions a "permitting issue" - ie the alleged permission of the UN. Permission, not permit.

It should be obvious to anyone that the Russians and Syrians are stalling the OPCW investigation. Saying that its all just down to "paperwork" is just dishonest.

I wish you would actually post quotes when you want to rely on a source.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Russia's main interest in Syria is the strategically important (to them) port of Tartus.

They are not propping up the Assad regime because they are the nice guys.

edit on 17-4-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I don't know why you keep bringing up things I've already addressed. Porton Down identified the chemical as Novichok but there is no way they can locate the point of origin just by doing a chemical analysis. Novichok is going to have the same chemical makeup regardless of whether it was manufactured in Russia, Uzbekistan, Iran, or any other country. That is why they can't say where it was manufactured. At the same time though, they're also not going to be privy to any intelligence the government may have that allows them to identify the perpetrators.

I have also already addressed Russia's claims. After Lavrov made those statements Spiez Lab made a statement pretty much calling Lavrov out for lying. In a follow up they made it sound like they weren't even given a sample to analyse and that people should wait for the meeting of the OPCW Executive Council on the 18th.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Lavrov telling lies? No. I can't believe it!

Did you not get the memo? - the West are the evil liars and Russia is a beacon of truth, honesty and openness in all things.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Jay-morris

Russia's main interest in Syria is the strategically important (to them) port of Tartus.

They are not propping up the Assad regime because they are the nice guys.

You completely ignored my point! You really think the West really cares about the people of Syria? They care as much as they care about the people of Yemen, zero!

We used the same tactic in Iraq and Libya. We armed terrorist, like we are doing now to Syria. And just like Iraq and libya, they will not kill Assad out right, they will use the rebels and claim it wad the people of Syria.

Then, will place a puppet government who will agree a pipeline from Qatar into Europe, so we will no longer have to rely on Russia as much.

The rebels will raise up against this new Syria government, and a new monster is born.

Sound familiar?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Xcalibur254

Lavrov telling lies? No. I can't believe it!

Did you not get the memo? - the West are the evil liars and Russia is a beacon of truth, honesty and openness in all things.

In the case, the west are the evil liars, and the ones who will bring us closer to ww3. As long as they have the weak minded to follow them, they will get away with it!
edit on 17-4-2018 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Here is a Guardian article about the downing of this airliner, the Dutch investigation report and the Russian attempts to cover it all up

Go to the original intel report and read the part where they say that the Seperatists only had manpads.
I don't expect the MSM to give us the full story, nor should you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join