It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Syria block chemical weapons inspectors access to the site in Douma

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I wasn't trying to call you out on anything originally. I just simply thought that you got MH17 and MH370 confused. But when you said it didn't matter and you didn't care that deserved being called out on.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The UK stated Novichok originates from Russia - True

The UK released their evidence to any independent, international organization.

Russia states more than one toxin was involved but got called out for lying by their "source."

PD states what was used - but can't say where it came from because there no way to tell a chemical compound's origin by analyzing it. All compounds of the same type are going to have the same chemical makeup regardless of where it was produced.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

It's an insult to all of the world who is concerned about the situation.

Nearly not condescending at all, impressive! Smells like the good old vocal Dubbya fart:
"the sheeple are with us or they will be labeled conspiracy terrorists!"

OH MY GOSH! Russian Troll or not. I can see it clearly now... what would we do without you brave new knights of political correctness, constantly unfolding red flags of authority for us simple plebs on ATS? Really! We would be eternally screwed for not thinking this goodthink thingy thoroughly through.
Wait a second... does someone still remember the WMDs in Iraq that didn't even exist in the first...

*swords fired*

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

America has the biggest stockpiles of Gas in the world. This is because if you nuke something you destroy all the assets. But if you gas you leave the infra structure standing , and the enemy and their children dead. I am always suspicious of this "Gas " business as its them who shout the loudest , who these days seem to be the worst offenders.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

is this the same OPCW that refused to include in their Skripol report that 'another' poison was found in the evidence that wasnt Novochok?

How am I supposed to know, I wasn't there.

Where you or did RT just tell you this?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yeah, airliners have been conveniently shot at with shoulder mounted AA missiles since the early 90s whenever anyone wanted a quick headline grabbing distraction. I can no longer pretend to care like you can.

Stop selling them to people that shoudlnt have them. That was the general consensus reached the 1000 other times we talked about similar events. (plural) This thread has nothing to do with that subject.

Also, Liberals havent swayed me with emotional calls to arms in the past, why would I listen now to similar charges?

EDIT TO ADD:
I literally copied and pasted the flight name from your prior post which brought it up. If I got it wrong then so did you. I openly admit that I dont even care enough about that subject to know the difference between the flight names.

edit on 4 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The UK stated Novichok originates from Russia - True

The UK released their evidence to any independent, international organization.

Russia states more than one toxin was involved but got called out for lying by their "source."

PD states what was used - but can't say where it came from because there no way to tell a chemical compound's origin by analyzing it. All compounds of the same type are going to have the same chemical makeup regardless of where it was produced.

UK Government:

Boris Johnson is facing embarrassment over his claims about the Salisbury poisoning attack after the Foreign Office deleted a tweet claiming Russia had produced the nerve agent.

The Foreign Secretary was under pressure to explain the change as the Russian Embassy in London ridiculed Britain’s stance linking Moscow to the attempted murder of former double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia.

The head of Britain’s military research center:

“We were able to identify it as Novichok, to identify that it was military-grade nerve agent,” Gary Aitkenhead, chief executive of the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory at Porton Down in England, told Sky News.
We have not identified the precise source, but we have provided the scientific info to government who have then used a number of other sources to piece together the conclusions you have come to.”

Russia:

An independent analysis of the chemical used in the Salisbury incident has uncovered traces of chemical weapons that were part of the chemical arsenals of the United States, the United Kingdom and some other NATO members, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Saturday at an annual Assembly of the Council on Foreign and Defense Policy.

The foreign minister referred to information from the Spiez Laboratory received on conditions of anonymity. He said the analysis of samples discovered traces of the toxic chemical BZ and its precursors falling into the second category of chemical weapons under the Chemical Weapons Convention.

lastly, you realize its no major secret how to make novichock right? simple people like you and me with a chemistry/biology degree could do it if we had the right equipment. You dont have to be Russian to make it.

I say it again, I dont know what happened here, but to steadfastly say it was x , y or z is just foolish when 0 evidence has proven anything.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

3 posts in and Hillary got mentioned.

You guys are obsessed!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
They also gave two different reasons. They told the UN they blocked them because they don't have the proper security clearances and then they told the OPCW they blocked them citing security reasons.

The Russian army has been in Douma and secured the area since at least Thursday. By all accounts the area is secure.

But since the chemical weapons inspectors cannot be allowed in Douma, don't worry, Assad will usher in 22 of his most loyal supporters to be interviewed by the OPCW.

It's an insult to all of the world who is concerned about the situation.

www.opcw.org...

Hmm it was safe enough and journalists apparently had the "right" security clearances to give this puff pieces they did from Douma.

We have nothing to hide, just wait a couple more days.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It was not a manpad - it was a much more sophisticated missile system:

BUK Missile System

Here is a Guardian article about the downing of this airliner, the Dutch investigation report and the Russian attempts to cover it all up:

Guardian article

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

OPCW Inspectors will be in Douma tomorrow ( Wednesday 18th April 2018 ). They where waiting for the official paperwork to be organised for their visit.

It looks like however that we have been lied to again by our government.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Waiting for the official paperwork, eh? Pull the other one - it's got bells on.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Anyway, would you like to make a comment on Robert Fisk's report? You know, how Teresa May has lied to The British Public.

Yet again, i won't hold my breath.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Yes I would be delighted to comment.

I note that the good Doctor who Fisk interviewed was, by his own admission, not an eyewitness and seems far from unbiased as Fisk comments make it clear that he is a supporter of the Assad regime.

Lets see what the OPCW say when Syria and Russia finally sort out the paperwork. Do you have a source stating that "waiting for the paperwork" is the reason for this curious delay? I thought they cited "security" issues?

As for not holding your breath, the last time you said that to me I actually responded agreeing with you, which post you ignored, but don't let facts get in the way of your spinning.

edit on 17-4-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Who do i believe?

Robert Fisk who has been to Douma and seen for himself. Or Teresa May who has never set foot there.

You can sort that one out for yourself.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Anyway, would you like to make a comment on Robert Fisk's report? You know, how Teresa May has lied to The British Public.

Yet again, i won't hold my breath.

I will a person makes the claim a doctor said hypoxia was caused by dust? Seriously this is what your going with so thus dust somehow magically removed oxygen from bunkers. I'm pretty sure that people that live in a desert know how to stop dust and sand from acumulating in the lungs. The other problem is this would have caused bleeding in the lungs causing people to spit blood as the dust and sand damages the lungs. The only solution would be to flush the lungs assuming someone would actually allow that much dis in there lungs. Our bodies will prevent it by causing us to cough.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Here is a French article in which the Director General of the OPCW cites the Syrians and Russians claiming that the delay was due to "pending security issues". No mention of your paperwork?

France 24

So, politicians have to go everywhere and see things for themselves before they can make any decisions? Interesting.

Fisk did not see the alleged chemical attack for himself. He is reporting what he has been told.

Lets see what comes of the OPCW inspection, when they are finally allowed in.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Do you have a source to back up your claim that the reason for the delay in the OPCW being allowed in is due to waiting for the "official paperwork"?

I won't hold my breath......

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Lets see what comes of the OPCW inspection, when they are finally allowed in.

Absolutely priceless.

Don't you think that is what The U.K. should have done before deciding to drop bombs on Syria.

You just can't make this nonsense up.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

No source for your "paperwork" claims, then?

No, I don't think we should have waited. Particularly given the ridiculous delay and obstruction they are facing.

You are making nonsense up, unless you can back up your "paperwork" claim?.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join