It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Syria block chemical weapons inspectors access to the site in Douma

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

You still refuse to see the difference between international suffering, which exists everywhere and an international war crime using banned weapons.

There we go, we've finally settled this.

This conversation is on legality not morality.

So let's not try and sell it as the latter.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
US bomb the sites!
whose to say they did they did not drop some chemicals to!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

"If the Saudi's used chemical weapons you'd see a quick international concern."

Doubtful really you see we require their oil and they require our arms.

"You still refuse to see the difference between international suffering, which exists everywhere and an international war crime using banned weapons."

So how come chemical weaponry is banned but nukes are still in circulation?

That's like getting rid of the flu but keeping cancer.

"If no one enforces the international law against using banned weapons then there is no law."

There is no international law really, just bankers, monies and power, these people are above laws I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Maybe some ARE concerned with many of the global issues that occur and the voices are only heard most when the ignorance is overwhelming.

@Russia and Syria block chemical weapons inspectors access to the site in Douma.

Does not surprise me, typical barbarian behavior.

Why would Russia and Syria gov. try to conduct themselves legitimately to support the oppressed humans of Syria
And not their oligarch based interest first

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

If all of that is true...how come the last attack that was blamed on Assad and Russia just one year ago was just admitted by Mattis that there was no proof Assad or Russia carried out the attack...

YouSir

That was in February for that attack that made its rounds on Twitter. If you pay attention, the US or anyone else never retaliated for that attack.

Here is the article confirming Mattis did indeed say what you claimed and did indeed say it in February for the attack that was rumored to have happened during that month.

www.pbs.org...

Why didn't the US respond by striking the Assad regime in February? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE PROOF.

Why did they strike Assad now? Because there is evidence this time.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Concrete evidence like the kind used to destroy Iraq

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
What happened with the evidence of the UK attack on the Ex Russian spy? Did it completely prove Russia was behind it or ....not?

The evidence will eventually get published as part of a criminal investigation, alongside the other intel. While the criminal investigation will ultimately prove, or enable the allocation of blame, the UK government has always rested on the plausibility aspect, alongside other sources - not just the physical evidence of the nerve agent used. You would know that if you were not relying on Russia Today for your news.

OPCW just corroborated the fact that an agent was used and it was XYZ.

EDIT to add. When the police knock on the door of the Russian embassy in London asking for cooperation over the Salisbury poisoning, what do you think they will say? Do you think the Russians will cooperate? The main suspect for the Litvinenko murder was well rewarded for his crime by Mr Putin and his lackeys.
edit on 16/4/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Concrete evidence like the kind used to destroy Iraq

Except that this is not Iraq bur one of the world's superpowers. Afraid of the west tampering with evidence? Why not send a mixed team of inspectors both from US&Europe and Russia?! It's a rhetorical question.
edit on 16-4-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
None of this matters.

If we just leave the area and let all of these people be I will be much happier. Since apparently we will never know one way or the other who did what why not use that money we spend on bombs and missles on infrastructure right here at home?

Stop bombing the dessert and bring those dollars home.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Ummm...actually...that's not what he stated...www.newsweek.com

He said there was no use...not no use in February...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Accusations and recriminations between Britain and Russia are set to escalate with the news that scientists at the Porton Down military research facility have been unable to establish exactly where the novichok nerve agent used to carry out the Skripal attack was manufactured.

The admission comes the day before Moscow convenes an emergency meeting of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) in The Hague in which it is expected to demand access to samples from the Salisbury poisoning for analysis by Russian scientists

www.independent.co.uk...

"Based on the results of the examination, traces of the toxic chemical BZ and its precursors, related to chemical weapons of the second category in accordance with the Convention on the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, were found in the samples,” Mr Lavrov said, according to state-owned Sputnik News.

“BZ is a nerve agent temporarily disabling a person. The effect is achieved within 30-50 minutes and lasts up to four days."

www.independent.co.uk...

WAPO

www.cnn.com...

www.npr.org...

Seems like an independent lab thinks the agent was BZ, which is a NATO nerve agent.

But yeah lets see the evidence. Good thing we didnt expell diplomats and bomb their allies out of preemptive fear of the worst.

Sane minds prevailed.

edit on 4 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Inspections probably won't matter as Israel keeps bombing targets inside Syria going after Hezbollah and Iranian troops. I think they are determined to start a war leaving us no choice but to back them up....Armageddon here we come.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

They are in cahoots! well du'h.

I'm not great at math but I can put two and two together, who's to say the KGB didn't give them the blueprints for said chemical weapons? and why was Putin so offended of this pre emptive strike? you'd think the Kremlin would accept a joint effort to stop and prevent women and children from a painful and prolonged death from chemical attacks.

But nooo...we can't have that-it's the west's fault with all their fake news, the Kremlin couldn't lie straight on a plank if their life depended on it. What I liked was the triumvirate approach to the air strikes, the west won't be bullied and for you decent Russians out there we can be friends, but your leader is putin you in a dangerous predicament.
edit on 16-4-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Excellent thread and I agree.

I find it so funny that these "Agenda Supporters" are acting no different then leftist liberals and their social crying antics. It's amazing to witness and disappointing as well.

The ignorant and naive would compare this to Iraq and predict WW3, NONE OF WHICH HAS HAPPENED, yet they continue to scream and cry.

Now, Russia and Syria BLOCKS the inspectors, thus, those that whined and cried now suddenly look awkward and out of place. Man, if the US was the big bogey man that sets up false flags and the Ruskies screaming foul, why block it? Some Chems dissipate, others leave a residue, some can survive explosions.

Whatever is needed for a job, Chem Paper, M4JCAD or even an old ass ICAM.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It all stinks of the outrage factor and what can be sold to the American people to make them hate and beg for action. Years ago it was Iraq and Afghanistan then Libya. Folks the lines are being drawn the pieces are in place and tptb have began a chess match in multiple parts of the world.

Defense contractors sure would benefit in a huge way from every disastrous event that occurs in the world. Recently conservatives and Dems all voted for a huge spending bill that I'm sure most Americans woulda voted against. The defense got a huge chunk of money and somewhere theirs a defense contractor whit a manure eating grin counting the ways he can make more.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Another thing, how come when Iraq and Iran were lobbing chemical agents at one another back in the 80s, the world did not seem to show such interest nor contempt for there actions?
edit on 16-4-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Some chemical weapons used in Syria recently have been directly traced back to Turkey, who we call our allies for some god forsaken reason.

But yeah. We are the good guys. There is no way our intelligence agencies and military planners are behind any of this. We are god fearing good guys.

Lets turn a blind eye so they can make more wars for the "animals" to go fight in.

We are so proud and free, but complete bitches to the schemes of the worlds elite.

EDIT TO ADD:
I bet those supporting the Syria involvement get all "woke" with some vintage Carlyn after they call sane people traitors and cowards on the internet for not supporting another unconstitutional police action involving our military in another shady situation that no one is being honest about.

edit on 4 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Please quote where I said I didn’t believe Russia was refusing access, because as anyone can read I never said anything close to that. It’s pretty obvious that they are refusing access so I’m not sure where your getting the idea that I was not accepting that fact.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I find it so funny that these "Agenda Supporters" are acting no different then leftist liberals and their social crying antics. It's amazing to witness and disappointing as well.

The ignorant and naive would compare this to Iraq and predict WW3, NONE OF WHICH HAS HAPPENED, yet they continue to scream and cry.

Awwww, that's precious. You see disagreements as screaming and crying.

Funny thing about a nation of 330~ people is, not everyone is going to agree on things.

I think you're on the leftist liberal side right now though for supporting the (continued) hemorrhaging of money in the Middle East. As if we just have unlimited money.

And as for "Agenda Supporters" I couldn't think of a better example than someone behind action in Syria. I mean our track record post 01' is just killer (pun intended).
edit on 16-4-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

There's way to say where a chemical was produced. Every chemical of that type is going to have the sane makeup regardless of where it's produced. That's why Porton Down stated they couldn't identify where the chemical originated.

In regards to Lavrov's comments, Spiez Lab has pretty much come out and said that he was lying. They stated that there is no reason to doubt Porton Down's analysis. Not only that, they made it sound like they were not even one of the labs that received a sample.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join