It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Syria block chemical weapons inspectors access to the site in Douma

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Merkel is in charge of our constitution?

Please explain why you think it was "unconstitutional and illegal". If that is your claim, then its up to you to back your claim up, not me.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Considering you ignore, or sweep under the carpet the things I point out, it is more like debating with a brick wall!

My feelings about you, too!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Yes, yes, I know: Iraq and Libya. How many times are you going to repeat it?

I have already said I agree that Iraq + Libya = Bad Things.

Ok, so knowing how they got into those invasions, with false flags, lies and fake news. How can you not even question what is going on now?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Considering you ignore, or sweep under the carpet the things I point out, it is more like debating with a brick wall!

My feelings about you, too!

No, not at all, I have responded to everything you have said, so that is not true.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Can we not move on? Look at each case objectively rather than pre judging that everything is automatically the West's fault?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Yes, your response is always "Iraq +Liya = West to blame for everything since." No?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

"unconstitutional and illegal"

No evidence, no mandate, no legal grounds to operate with.
I don't see why I should back up a thing with Kapitän Obvious sailing through the high waters of exceptionalism. Again.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Here are those legal grounds:

Govt's Legal Grounds

Bash away!

If you don't see why you should back up your claims, why do you bother making them?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Yes, your response is always "Iraq +Liya = West to blame for everything since." No?

My God! It is important to bring them up because of the similerarities, they cannot be ignored. But you keep on dodging the question time and time again!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

If you don't see why you should back up your claims, why do you bother making them?

We all have a search engine at our disposal, do we not?

[...]
Combine all of these factors:

- Strong substantive arguments against a strike.
- Risk of escalation into a major powers conflict.
- Dubious legality.
- Multiple members of Congress preemptively expressing skepticism about the legality.
- The president himself formerly declaring congressional approval would be necessary for such a strike.

If there are no consequences for a president who unilaterally orders military action under all those conditions, what use is a Constitution that vests the legislature with the war power? Yet much of the political press acts as if the war power is not even contested.

[...]

Today, Trump is desperate. He is flailing from failure to failure in domestic policy, with dismal approval ratings and no clear way to increase them—except by trying to exploit the American public’s historic tendency to rally around a president at war. There has never been a stronger case for preemptively reining in a president’s ability to unilaterally launch military strikes on foreign countries that are not attacking us.
To allow a man of Trump’s character to retain that power, after its expansion by decades of presidents who pushed it beyond the bounds of the Constitution, would be folly.

Trump's Syria Strike Was Unconstitutional and Unwise

edit on 19-4-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Yes, we do. But if you make a claim then use it and post some substance to your claims. Why should others waste their time because you can't be bothered.

You now seem to be talking about the US constitution. I am from the UK so I don't know much about the US constition and can only comment really about the UK's position.

Not a fan of Trump, by the way.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Saying "think" is not evidence.

If it's all boiling down to arguing over a word I used in my post, then you are trying too hard to find fault. How about "highly likely"?

On evidence. That will come out in the criminal investigation, but why not ask for a personal briefing from MI5, or get a job where you can be trusted with intelligence.

To help you understand the UK position, why not go straight to the horses mouth? Gov UK.

This letter to NATO allies of a week ago outlines in some detail why the UK thinks (sorry to use that word) Russia is highly likely to have been the poisoner. Letter to NATO opens in PDF

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Yes, there are similarities and I agree that the West is to blame for Iraq and Libya but that does mean that the West is to blame every time something bad happens in the ME.

What question am I dodging? I just don't agree with your logic, that's all.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Interesting indeed.

pushing conspiracy theories here...

Yeah, how dare they! This is Authoritarian Troll Support, not some Above Top Secret conspiracy site. Let's try to be real Dick Cheneys about it and call 'em out for their silly obsession to sort out spin from truth!

Touché, I guess...

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The point is they are not trying to "sort out the spin from truth" - quite the opposite, if you read the piece. They are pushing pro Syrian/Russian disinfo and lies as part of a deliberate and coordinated campaign.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

No, thanks. Show me a piece on the combined perception management going and I'll look into it. It's a good topic and well worth the dive, don't get me wrong here.

Let's try to push the whataboutisms back to our original topic now, shall we?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Yes, there are similarities and I agree that the West is to blame for Iraq and Libya but that does mean that the West is to blame every time something bad happens in the ME.

What question am I dodging? I just don't agree with your logic, that's all.

I thought it would be quite obvious, but I guess not. You admit that the West destroyed Iraq and libya, with thousands being killed. If you agree with that, then you will know that the public was manipalated with fake news and propaganda, and of course, fake evidence.

You are posting all this evidence the West has put forward, to justify what they are doing towards Russia. But they done the same thing with Libya and Iraq.

But what makes it more dubious is the fact that we know that Assad refused a pipeline from Qatar through Syria into Europe. That pipeline would have meant the West did not rely on Russia.

And then the West started arming terrorists, like they did in Iraq and libya in Syria, in the hopes they would overthrow the government. Russia put a dent in their plans, and suddenly Russia is a monster.

They are repeating basically the same thing as they done in Iraq and Syria. They did not give a crap about the people in Iraq, Libya, and now Syria.

If they gave a crap, they would now be in Yemen, which is the biggest humaniterian crises in the world. But we do not even really hear about this in the news, and the same with Myanmar.

I wonder why?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Maybe Assad didn’t use sarin to kill around 100 people in rebel-held Khan Sheikhoun a year ago either. A joint investigation by the United Nations and the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons found “unmistakable evidence” that he did. Human Rights Watch and Hans Blix also agree that Assad was probably to blame. But maybe they’re all wrong. Or, maybe they’re paid shills for the CIA.

My point is this: Who cares? Seriously, who cares? Whether or not it was Assad who used chemical weapons in Syria earlier this month, or last year, might matter to the leaders of the U.S., the U.K., and France, who decided to launch brazenly illegal and rather pointless airstrikes against his regime, but it doesn’t change the fact that the Syrian president-for-life is a monster who has perpetrated a vast array of blatant human rights abuses, crimes against humanity, and war crimes.

Dear Bashar al-Assad Apologists: Your Hero Is a War Criminal Even If He Didn’t Gas Syrians

Err... guys. I didn't mean it that way, I was arguing a point! Geeez... ok. Maybe I did, but who on Ceres cares. Pssst!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Update: 12 hours left for the UNCW inspectors to inspect

After 12 hours from now, all of the chemical evidence will have dissipated because it only lasts 14 days.

Expect Russia to hold out their stall just a little longer, in reality, the evidence is probably already gone because 14 days is at the extreme end of the detection spectrum.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join