It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and Syria block chemical weapons inspectors access to the site in Douma

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I agree. I don't believe any of them. I look at actions. Russia invited them in then came up with multiple excuses to keep delaying them. That action is meaningful, not any words.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
whatever is found a large swathe of people will be unhappy and the rest will shout conspiracy.
if nothings found some will shout how russia cleaned up, others will decry the inept bombing and a couple will say i told you so.
if evidence is found, well people are already saying its planted or from biased sources, some will justify the inept bombing on irrefutable proof happy that empty buildings got demolished after innocent civilians were gassed and a couple will say i told you so.

needless to say russian backed fake news outlets will be muddying the waters.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Famed War Reporter Robert Fisk Reaches Syrian 'Chemical Attack' Site, Concludes "They Were Not Gassed"

Robert Fisk's bombshell first-hand account for the UK Independent runs contrary to nearly every claim circulating in major international press concerning what happened just over week ago on April 7th in an embattled suburb outside Damascus: not only has the veteran British journalist found no evidence of a mass chemical attack, but he's encountered multiple local eyewitnesses who experienced the chaos of that night, but who say the gas attack never happened.

Fisk is the first Western journalist to reach and report from the site of the alleged chemical weapons attack widely blamed on Assad's forces. Writing from Douma in eastern Ghouta, Fisk has interviewed a Syrian doctor who works at the hospital shown in one of the well-known videos which purports to depict victims of a chemical attack.

According to Fisk, people who were hiding in basement & tunnels died from lack of oxygen after the buildings above them collapsed. There were no chemical weapons involved.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
So let me get this straight, Syria and Russia ask for these investigations,

That's not actually correct. Russia and Syria maintained that there were no chemical attacks. Then bizarrely Russia changed their tune (as one would expect) and said the UK did it. Now that the OPCW have arrived the Russians have prevented access to Douma. Separately, the Russians an Syrians have been accused of sanitising the area in order to compromise an investigation by the OPCW.

From the OPCW website 10 April

THE HAGUE, Netherlands — 10 April 2018 — Since the first reports of alleged use of chemical weapons in Douma, Syrian Arab Republic, were issued, the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) has been gathering information from all available sources and analysing it. At the same time, OPCW’s Director-General, Ambassador Ahmet Üzümcü, has considered the deployment of a Fact-Finding Mission (FFM) team to Douma to establish facts surrounding these allegations.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

You don't find it funny a CBS reporter managed to find someone who died in the chemical attack but your reporter couldn't?

Yes that is strange isn’t it?

Funny how the respected reporter Fisk talked to person after person who said there were no chemical attacks, how he even spoke to the doctors at the very hospital from the footage, and yet all of them said it was not a chemical attack, but people suffering from smoke inhalation

Is this man in the video a doctor, how does he know it was a chemical missle? Is it possible it was a missle with dust as the doctor said?

Is it your assertion that Fisk, or the many people he interviewed including the doctor lied?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You don't find it funny a CBS reporter managed to find someone who died in the chemical attack but your reporter couldn't?

First off the woman in the article stated that the "rebels" are not allowing them to leave ie using them as human shields. Denying them even food but has access to it now that the Syrian government has the place under control. The same practice that the Palestinians are called terrorists for using. Secondly if what was shown in the footage, the missile just laying there that was used to deliver the chemical weapons that would be the smoking gun. There it is why isn't this being followed up? You mean to tell me that this reporter just Forrest gumped his way to the biggest piece evidence, goes in films it then nothing. You're deluded.
edit on 402018402018bpm17 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

You cannot get rid of traces of chemical attacks as easily as most of you are saying. Just can't be done.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

So let me get this straight, Syria and Russia ask for these investigations,

That's not actually correct. Russia and Syria maintained that there were no chemical attacks. Then bizarrely Russia changed their tune (as one would expect) and said the UK did it. Now that the OPCW have arrived the Russians have prevented access to Douma. Separately, the Russians an Syrians have been accused of sanitising the area in order to compromise an investigation by the OPCW.

From the OPCW website 10 April

THE HAGUE, Netherlands — 10 April 2018 — Since the first reports of alleged use of chemical weapons in Douma, Syrian Arab Republic, were issued, the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) has been gathering information from all available sources and analysing it. At the same time, OPCW’s Director-General, Ambassador Ahmet Üzümcü, has considered the deployment of a Fact-Finding Mission (FFM) team to Douma to establish facts surrounding these allegations.

Wow what a blunder on your part.

The very next paragraph from the letter you cite

Today, the OPCW Technical Secretariat has requested the Syrian Arab Republic to make the necessary arrangements for such a deployment. This has coincided with a request from the Syrian Arab Republic and the Russian Federation to investigate the allegations of chemical weapons use in Douma. The team is preparing to deploy to Syria shortly.

So the very next paragraph confirms exactly what I said, Russia and Syria asked for them to come in.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you merely didn’t read the whole article rather than assume you are trying to intentionally mislead people.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Depends on what access they are given.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

First off the woman in the article stated that the "rebels" are not allowing them to leave ie using them as human shields. Denying them even food but has access to it now that the Syrian government has the place under control. The same practice that the Palestinians are called terrorists for using. Secondly if what was shown in the footage, the missile just laying there that was used to deliver the chemical weapons that would be the smoking gun. There it is why isn't this being followed up? You mean to tell me that this reporter just Forrest gumped his way to the biggest piece evidence, goes in films it then nothing. You're deluded.

Are you talking about the yellow thing at 1:56? That's not a missile. It's a compressed gas cylinder, such as you might use with a welding rig.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

There would still be traces everywhere, brickwork soil. Can't be "cleaned" like everyone is saying.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Sorry compressed cylinder. So there's the proof if anyone wants it. Also why wouldn't they sit the man down and get a proper interview about what happened to his brother in his own words. He obviously wants to tell his story, he showed a picture.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
You cannot get rid of traces of chemical attacks as easily as most of you are saying. Just can't be done.

Yes, probably. But you can round up the witnesses, eh? The OPCW investigations cover the physical evidence and witness testimony.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

So the very next paragraph confirms exactly what I said, Russia and Syria asked for them to come in.

Sorry, that's not correct. The OPCW invited themselves. They asked Syria to ensure they had access, but they were not invited per se.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

There was 20 witnesses there for interview upon their arrival, I'm sure there will be more to come.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Sorry, that's not correct. The OPCW invited themselves. They asked Syria to ensure they had access, but they were not invited per se.

The very document you linked from the OPCW says Russia and Syria requested they investigate.

I am seriously worried for you, if your mind is sow warped you can’t see the words in black and white on front of you

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Handpicked witnesses. Amazing.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Syria and Russia did invite them eventually.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Are you accusing the inspectors of being imbeciles?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Are you accusing the inspectors of being imbeciles?

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join