It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Feels Nigh.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have never really been one for seeing WW3 over every horizon or the ultimate ending to any international incident. Actually now that I think of it in my life time the only time I have ever felt that true global security and peace was at real jeopardy was in the imitate aftermath of 9/11. I can remember the news cycle at that time quite clearly, when there was still some speculation and and talks of a large scale war. That feeling of unease for me came at about 3pm as I sat watching the South Tower of the World Trade Centre collapse when my first response was honestly a expectation of more attacks. I believed at the time that America was under attack by a state actor and it was only a matter of time before things would escalate very quickly with nukes being dropped and battles in defence of America. Now that might sound silly now with the benefit of hindsight but for those of us who can remember the news at the time it was a genuine worry it was a fear however that quickly subsided as events unfolded.

Yet now I am increasingly feeling that same unease I felt back in the summer of 2001, its not came with a bang but rather its been more of a slow burn over the last 18-24 months of international events.

We have a lot of very volatile hotspots allover the world, we have the growing tensions between the west and Russia and in the middle of all of that a bloody civil war. Then we have nukes being held over the Korean Peninsula, we have the Russians in the Ukraine with the annexation of Crimea. Then there is the usual problems in the middle east over and above the civil war in Syria and ISIS there is also the crisis emerging in Qatar that had largely been ignored by western media and the ever present problems presented by the Isreali-Palestine conflict, Mali, and Yemen. Actually the list goes on we could include the tensions over the South China Sea, the Mexican drug war and the numerous conflicts in Africa.

If we add to that the political land scape of the world the potential for these conflicts to built further only become more pronounced, we have Brexit, Trump, Putin and rise of nationalist politics and increasing global debt this feeling of unease at the current state of gobble security is only further cemented.

I don't know whats going to happen, I am usually quite optimistic about such things and I do not believe that anyone wants a large scale war all I am saying is that for me, personally the feeling of unease around the state of our little blue floating ball is growing.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Meh, have a pint at The Winchester until it all blows over mate...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I suppose there's always the chance of getting hit by a bus.

My end doesn't feel nigh, but don't let me stop you.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I think your end has been night since Trump got elected. Seriously, you need to take a chill pill and relax Chicken Little.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Don't make me put on my shirt:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

When I start worrying about the bomb I watch this movie:

archive.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

There are a lot of people feeling at ill ease.

I've talked to several friends (broad spectrum political and social aspects), and all of them have mentioned it.

Myself, sure, but I'm always keeping an eye on things however to me it is no worse than it has been.

Doom can be anywhere you wanna look, or it can be as distant as that tropical beach with the pretty ladies and copious amounts of drinks that we all dream of during our work-week.

Take a deep breath, for when the end begins, there is little any one person will be able to do but simply respond in their own way and no one can stop it.

Remember, life is more about the journey than the destination.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Matthew 24: 6-8

Perhaps our generation will be the one not to pass before the end.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think your end has been night since Trump got elected. Seriously, you need to take a chill pill and relax Chicken Little.

I think regardless of who is sitting in the Oval Office i would still be thinking the same had events continued to unfold the way they have over the last 18 months or so.

True Trump does not help but at the same time I don't think that is the only reason I feel the way I do about things.

I really don't want to make this a thread about Trump however, its more of a thread about how I feel about the current state of the world and the sorry state of the global security situation.
edit on 16-4-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Haha good one

Close to zero chance of survival if a couple of nukes hit Britain so I don't worry about it, not like I can do anything about it.
Luckily only people in faraway sandy places get killed in Western proxy wars though.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I am not sure how old you are, but in the early 80s it was very frightening, Movies like the Day After, Threads, and Testament were coming out. Daily all we heard about was Russia, America and the Cold War. I think we were closer then than we are now to WW3. I do have to add, though, with trump in office, anything is possible. He had to ask why we don't use nukes, on more than one occasion.

There, these movies should cheer you up.....(Joke)

Threads, On the Beach, The Day After, and Testament.....All good movies. Depressing though.

edit on 16-4-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
When I get to feeling that way, I pull out my recording of the 1949 version of "The Secret Garden". It usually makes me feel somewhat better.

www.imdb.com...

Give it a try.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Hey, not our fault a whack job got voted in. With help from team Russia, I might add.....His approval rating yesterday was at 39% seems we are not alone.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
I am not sure how old you are, but in the early 80s it was very frightening, Movies like the Day After, Threads, and Testament were coming out. Daily all we heard about was Russia, America and the Cold War. I think we were closer then than we are now to WW3.

Haha yes!
I got bored with being scared when I was aged about 12, there's been a boogyman out to get me all my life, USSR, IRA, then Islamic terrorists, now Cold War 2.0.
If I can't change it then whatever, it is what it is.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I hope not my trucks almost payed off.....

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I understand your concern but I think that these current events are not all that different from the ones we've seen before.
Your example of the 9/11 attacks and how it dominated the global news to me stand out because the reaction was about the fear of the terror attack and the focus on punishment and retribution that influenced the public.
In the current digital information age news spreads fast and it seems that this news is not only about reporting on the events but also involves a choice narrative.
For obvious conspiratorial reasons ATS is a prime example of choice narrative views, sometimes also involving news. There is a war going on for sure, but it is a war on information. Terms like 'MSM' and 'flase flag' have no true meaning anymore unless the reciever of the information acknowledges it as such.

The idea that current conflicts will lead to some sort of weaponized global conflict seems far fetched in my opinion, because most of the powers that be have a very good idea of the sacrifices involved. Which they are not willing to make, if not for others but for themselves

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It may sound a bit fatalistic, but I honestly don't worry about it much. I normally stock food, water and ammo, but that's because I live in an area where Winter or Summer storms can knock power out for days and I shoot as a hobby, not for some Mad Max scenario.
Ask yourself this : What can we, the little people, realistically do about it? The answer is little to nothing. We can voice our opinions but that's about it. The best you can do is go on with your life and if the S really does HTF, hope that someone you care for is close so you can tell them you love them and get in one last hug.

Worrying about nuclear war is like worrying about the weather. You can worry all you like, but if it's gonna rain...it's gonna rain and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
things are certainly doomy right now. is this 'the' end era? i don't know. maybe. if so, here is a good piece of theme music for it, by Eno so at least the ending will sound nice.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Then the MSM have done their job right then. Keep you apprehensive, keep you scared, you won't notice someone shafting you. In fact if they've got it right you will welcome someone to shaft you.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Worrying about nuclear war is like worrying about the weather. You can worry all you like, but if it's gonna rain...it's gonna rain and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Haha good line

It's the way I see things as well.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join