It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you exclude all the conspiracy theories, which political side would you be on???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have a sneaky suspicion that we all agree on just about everything, but because we believe in some conspiracy theories.. that changes the math for a lot of people..

A) If all the media, scientists and college professors are not in a vast illuminati conspiracy to make all the republicans look bad, so they just honestly disagree with conservative policies..

That would change the game dramatically wouldn’t it??

B) let’s say trump didn’t collide with the Russians AND there is no deep state plot against him..

I’m pretty sure that kinda becomes a wash, one possibility could be that putin played the CIA and set Trump up..

C) let’s say there is no leftist illuminati who wants to take all our guns because of “control”.. whatever control means in reality lol..

D) there is no Christian Right trying to weave Christianity into our legislation..

E) there is no Kabal of white cops intentionally assassinating young black males..

F) Hilary, trump and obama are not any more corrupt than any other politician..

G) the bush administration did not orcastradte or profit off of 911.

See, I bet in a blind Pepsi challenge of party platforms , where you picked your political position on each individual issue rather than the overall political umbrella of right and left.

I would bet dollars to donuts there isn’t a whole lotta variation between us all..

Do the majority of conservatives really still back the war on drugs???

I doubt it..

Do the majority of liberals really choose welfare for immigrants over welfare for our own poor and hungry???

I doubt it..

It seems to me that the truth is people agree on just about everything.. at least if they are starting from the same reality..

The problem is that we are not starting from the same reality..

If you really believe hillary Clinton is a murder who runs a child pedo ring in a pizza shop. Her policy positions are kinda irrelevant.. lol.

If you really believe 98% of the worlds scientists are I. A vast conspiracy to fabricate clime change.. then you can’t trust anything ANYONE SAYS.. ever..

They know the vast majority of people want the same things.. so how do they get people to vote for what is worse for themselves???

You fabricate some crazy conspiracy theory that makes yourside the lesser of two evils..

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Mine.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
All of 'em

🤤

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The sooner we change the 2 party illusion the better !!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Only you can prevent forest fires.

😎

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I would still side with conservatives.

You say remove the conspiracy theories and we will see that we are on more common ground than we might think. I disagree. "No one is coming for your guns." That is not a conspiracy theory any more. Its happening now. It wasn't all that long ago that some on the left said that whole gun grab agenda was an alt right fabrication. Some of us knew better all along.

If you remove all theories, conspiracy or otherwise, and stick only to the facts that is enough of a reason to side with the conservatives. The problem is that there are far too many people who refuse to admit what the facts are - no matter how glaringly real they may be - because it is a threat to their agenda. Example: scream all day long about Russians interfering with our election by posting unflattering information about hillary but ignore the fact that the DNC is out in the streets in taco trucks registering illegal aliens to vote and teaching them how to do it without an ID. That is the REAL way that foreign nationals interfered with the election. Not with facebook propaganda but with real votes. If the left cant see the difference and admit their side did much more to undermine the democratic process than the right then there is no amount of discussion that will ever find a middle ground where both sides can agree on anything. (one example of many, but one that is paramount for me personally)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Get money out of politics, decrease the corruption it causes and only then could I make a proper decision of what party I would favor. No matter what tho, I would never join a side and pigeon hole myself into tribal politics.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I cant favor or vote for candidates of either party because Ive come to see them all as self-interested, self-promoting liars.

I wont take sides and wish a pox on both their houses.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Love, Piece, Sharing, Caring, Helping, Partying.

In no particular order.

Unfortunately, I forgot the name of the party... but i'm living it, so i might find thé party.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am a Conservative person so I would always be Conservative. Small Government, less taxes and no wars. Also, I will always be pro-1st and pro 2nd amendment and Leftists don't support those two amendments to the Constitution or if they do they do so selectively where I support both without reserve.

edit on 2018/4/15 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

It is impossible under our present system..

There was even a mathematician who was able to mathematically prove, under the electoral system. You will/can ALWAYS and only have 2 parties..

If you put 10 equal parties into our system. You would only have 2 in just a few decades..

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

So your saying you are unable to remove the conspiracy theories.. that they are so ingrained in your psyche, that they are your reality..

That’s the problem.. that’s how they get the easily fooled to vote against themselves..

No elected democrat or republican in American has EVER even suggested banning guns.

It’s a conservative rape fantasy..

“I feel so much tougher if I pretend there is some super secret illuminati plot by snowflakes to take my guns..”

It’s silly.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Sold...

Good luck doing that when only one side even remotely has a problem with it...

The democrats admit that is a major problem , but some get paid off to keep it that way.

Money in politics IS THE GOP PARTY PLATFORM..

Citizens United was a conservative policy.. that was only supported by conservatives..

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The only side I've ever been on is my own. If someone agrees with me, that's cool. If they don't, that's cool, too.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
so you just made this about guns...why?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

No elected democrat or republican in American has EVER even suggested banning guns.

Elected Democrats have absolutely suggested and even proposed bans on ALL semi-automatic weapons. That is an effective ban of guns and you can try to spin it anyway you want and you will still be wrong, wrong, wrong.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

and on this one your entirely leaving your op and blaming conservatives...you speak from both sides of your mouth

but hey nice try at equalizing the 2 factions without actually believing it yourself

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I wish that people would stop throwing the 97% number around in regards to AGW like it's a fact.

Of the world's leading scientists and climatologists, only 1.6 percent explicitly stated that man-made greenhouse gases caused at least 50 percent of global warming.

1.6%.

There is your actual number.

As for a political side, I would have to go conservative.

It's the side that isn't a cult.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Um...

Less wars..

The conservatives have been the pro-war party for decades...

So basically your saying that you cannot divorce the conspiracy theories from reality..lol..

A) conservatives have always been the more Hawkins party..

B) no one wants to ban all the guns..

C) no one wants to repeal the first or second amendments..

No elected democrat has EVER said either thing..

D) when have the republicans lessened government??? Lol

They own every branch and haven’t cut a thing but taxes for millionaires..

E) and about less taxes.. it is only less taxes for millionaires lol..

My boss makes 60k salary and said his pay check only went up 75 cents..

Literally everything you listed is a conspiracy theory.. because it sure doesn’t fit what people have said and done..

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I dont believe in conspiracies. I know we are lied to and I remember the many times the lies have been exposed.

In the same way that I dont need to know everything about physics or gravitational theory in order to accept that what goes up comes down on earth, I am confident that the truth is somewhere closer to what I believe.

Our party system in the USA is not a natural product of our society in so much as they are entities that are dedicated to their own survival and not the perpetuation of their ideals.

I would go either way if everyone currently employed as staff or as representatives in government was removed and replaced with new people.

Like many, I was already long disenchanted with the bi party system. The latest scandals only served to showcase the criminal behavior and mindset of the DNC and its spheres of influence to a very poignant degree of detail in the public eye.

I am waiting for the RNC and its spheres to be exposed for their criminal behavior and misdeeds.

Just because I am waiting for the other side to be similarly addressed does not mean that I would give a "pass" to the already proven systemic problems within the DNC and democrat groups.

I do feel that to do so would guarantee that those still in power, who are nervous about their future, would resort to drastic measures of self preservation. They would consider actions and plans that could be outright treasonous or in their most benign sense could be catastrophic to faith in government and governments ability to rule in peace. They should not be left to entertain these thoughts for too long.

These scandals and those involved that are still fighting to protect their exposure to justice and the public, could be the catalyst and origin that history books record as a turning point to our way of life and the beginning of the breakdown to the order that we have come to enjoy.

TLDR:
I feel threatened on a very existential level by the bi party system in its current mafia state. That is not based on fringe nonsense like "conspiracy theories". Instinct is telling me to survive.

edit on 4 15 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join