It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two black men were arrested waiting at a Starbucks - OHhh the Irony!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
imo, Philly.com is a good place to follow the story.

www.philly.com...

philly.com/philly/news/starbucks-philadelphia-police-viral-video-investigation-race-20180414.html
edit on 16-4-2018 by FlyingFox because: eta

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

All this story does is remind me that I like my coffee how I like my women...

...ground up and in the freezer.

You lose all the essential oils that way. You need to keep them alive, and only grind them slowly, before making your women drink.

I swear, some people.....

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: JAGStorm

Bit weird to me taking a seat but not ordering anything, but equally bit weird calling the cops because they didn't.
Not my country though so I couldn't really comment, I just know in my local Starbucks if they'd been hanging around for ages without ordering anything someone would have said "Hiya lads what can I get you" or something. How they reacted to that would depend on police involvement or not.

According to later reports, they came in and took a seat while quietly waiting for a friend to arrive.

Done it myself at many a Starbucks and never a word of protest from the baristas. If they weren’t busy, I might get asked if they could start a drink for me, but when I tell them I’m waiting for a friend, it’s all smiles and “Let me know if I can help”’s.

Of course I’m in California.

And I’m white.

in the early 80's us white folk would sit at maccas and wait for a lift. the manager came out and told us if we were not ordering we had to leave. SUCH A RACIST.. so we both got 2 cups of iced water.

they were free back then.

I swear racism against white people is rampant...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: MteWamp
It wasn't long ago that there was something called "Common Courtesy". If you needed to use facilities that a business provides, like a restroom at a gas station, or waiting at a coffee shop for a friend, it was customary to AT LEAST make a "token" purchase at the establishment that provides those facilities.

And, DAMMIT, no following that common courtesy is reason for being arrested.

Especially if you one of them colored folk.

Right? I mean, that's what you're saying, yeah?

But dude. it was two BLACK men, who were reported by a WHITE manager, and handcuffed by WHITE officers.

that's what I read in the article, anyway...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join