It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Offengers . . . . The Starbucks War

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
We don't have information on, unless some here has been in that SB many times, whether any other persons were asked to leave that day or if "white" people are ever asked to leave. The person(s) there who say they weren't asked to leave didn't give a time line, did they?

As far as not leaving, it seems to me the guys were either really lame or trying to create a situation. What sane person in today's world doesn't leave when the police give you the chance, assuming the person prefers to not visit jail.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The point is the police came and arrested them, blame Starbucks for profiling and mistreatment after they called the police and the police took over and arrested them for no reason is when you start blaming the police, but Liberals won't do that

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

police took over and arrested them for no reason

Actually they are breaking the law via trespass.

The big question here why does the company sees the men's action as trespass yet not all others in a similar light is not.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
they have the right to kick them out if they dont buy anything. they are taking up space for people who actually buy stuff. there is a name for that, but i wont say it because i will be branded a racist and have my nuts cut off.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Like the people who sit around in Starbucks "writing their books" who don't order anything?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Starbucks needs to train its management better.

Or just try not hire bigots.

Playing the race card out of suit is soooo 2013

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Clear case of racial profiling. These men will get paid big time.
- The manager overreacted
- Clear case of bias. None of the other patrons (whites included) were asked to leave.
- Other patrons were sitting and hadn't ordered anything
- The police were doing their job, by responding to a plea from the establishment, but acted with great lack of judgement

Soooo many things wrong with this picture. Folks scratching their heads need to look at the facts and not speculate too much

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Soooo they were loitering?
Sure the manager was a prick. But so are the so called victims. They could have just as easily waited outside. The business had that right. I've had to call the cops on people for loitering.

Oh but they were black so now it's a thing I get it.
We should be boycotting Starbucks over legitimate reasons. They give us plenty. This isn't one of them.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

The problem with your argument is there is a lack of parity. If these men are loitering and should wait outside, as you indicated, then so should the multitude of patrons already in the store "loitering" and not ordering anything.

The loitering laws are so vague that many cases are thrown out of court. Unless store polices are clearly posted and available to patrons, store managers and owners need to educate themselves and their staff on what and what not to do to their establishment.

Nuff said.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Truth, I've never hired a mgr known to escalate a situation, think of the bigger picture rather than the immediate situation unless threat to customer and staff is involved, you may well be within your rights but still be wrong.
How badly could this have ended??..cops shot and killed one of them...over WhAt!!!¿¿??..the price of a cup of coffee!!
edit on 17-4-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Truth, I've never hired a mgr known to escalate a situation, think of the bigger picture rather than the immediate situation unless threat to customer and staff , you may well be within your rights but still wrong.
How badly could this have ended??..cops shot and killed one of them...over WhAt!!!¿¿??..the price of a cop of coffee!!

Even though I think the two black guys instigated this, I do think the manager calling the cops was an over reaction. With that said, my understanding is that they were asked multiple times to make a purchase and they chose not to, so I can see why the manager may have been frustrated.

Depending on where this Starbucks is located and their normal crowds, some can be more sticklers to the rules regarding making purchases and using bathrooms.

The bottom line for me is that they were asked to make a purchase and they didn't. They didn't leave when asked or even attempt to explain why they were there (if it is even true), so I am inclined to believe they were just making a scene for the hell of it.

Even if you subscribe to the thinking that the store manager was wrong and these guys did nothing wrong, I find it hilarious all these bojangling Hoteps are out protesting Starbucks, a company that bends over backwards to support progressive ideals. They have a number of blacks in upper management and even a black woman on the Board of Directors (Melody Hobson).

The supervising officer making the arrest was black. You'd think if there was really something nefarious going on, the black officer would have said so.... but I digress. Let's all play the victim card and act like Starbucks telling to black guys to leave because they didn't buy something is actually making a difference in the current state of the black community.

I'd have more respect when I see this level of protest and outrage over some real issues.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hard to care.

Frankly there are endless reasons not like Starbucks or Whole Foods IMO, if people find a couple more reasons, fine.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Truth, I've never hired a mgr known to escalate a situation, think of the bigger picture rather than the immediate situation unless threat to customer and staff is involved, you may well be within your rights but still be wrong.
How badly could this have ended??..cops shot and killed one of them...over WhAt!!!¿¿??..the price of a cup of coffee!!

Excellent!

Those are my thoughts as well.

Rules have a purpose. But, in many cases should be looked at as guidelines. Assessing the situation taking priority.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The police are not to blame here. They were doing their jobs based on the info given to them.

Starbucks, on the other hand.....yep, the manager screwed up BIG TIME here....and yes, the company can expect some fallout for this, as they should, for hiring such an idiotic bigot. I mean, damn....this dude was pretty dumb about it.

Never got why folks love their bitter coffee anyhow...lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nope. This is the fault of society...

We want a cake. I cannot make a cake for you. Go to next baker. Get your cake.
We need a bathroom. I You can't use the bathroom here. Go somewhere else. Take your piss.

If those 2 things happened you would never hear about it. There is no need. It is simply how things are. Move on. Instead, in both instances above 'when keeping it real went wrong' went into full effect.

Why is it always the business who is shunned or made to be the intolerant one? A business has the right to refuse anyone service. Period. The problem is special interests who want to 'make' a problem for the business.

These kids should have moved on.
The supervisors these days are so scared to do the wrong thing they call the cops now. I would have. Not over reacting.

White Black or Chinese you have no idea if either of them could become violent. What, have NONE of us seen the videos of people freaking out in convenience stores, restaurants and in public?

No need for it to escalate to ANY point if people followed simple rules. it is not about what the other person is doing or did but what you yourself do to promote positive energy and move things forward not back.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Even if you subscribe to the thinking that the store manager was wrong and these guys did nothing wrong, I find it hilarious all these bojangling Hoteps are out protesting Starbucks, a company that bends over backwards to support progressive ideals. They have a number of blacks in upper management and even a black woman on the Board of Directors (Melody Hobson). 

I have no problem with the cops in this case , they were called and they came, nor do I have a big problem with Starbucks the chain, personally I rarely go there, not a coffee kinda guy, but I get why Black folks who you unfortunately labeled Hotepts and bojangles, it's not like many do not have similar experience in other establishments .

IHOP server tells black teens to pay up before eating
nypost.com...

White patrons were pissed at the treatment.
Applebee’s restaurant admits it racially profiled customers
nypost.com...

And there are a heckovalot more, so yes as usual many see only when blk folks had enough but are blind before then.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

These are businesses and they exist for the purpose of making money. Plus, they hold 100% of the risk. What, exactly was the risk directly to the two dudes who were removed? Inconvenience of having to find a new place to squat? Additional exercise involved in walking out of the store? Losing face? Conversely, Starbucks has real world risks here... they risk loss if customers potentially are stealing, they risk loss in the form of two seats being occupied by non paying customers, they risk PR losses if this action causes some customers to boycott them... 100% of the risk.

I'll be blunt... our values and priorities surrounding the entire concept of "protected classes" of people are entirely wrong. There should be no protected classes. Instead the court of public opinion should be the decider, deciding whether to give Starbucks their business or otherwise, PERIOD.

Now, as far as this being a widespread issue, who's to blame for that? Do stores profile? Yeah, they probably do, but there are reasons for that. If you manage a gas station and notice that vehicles with out of state plates frequently fill up and then dash without paying, is it discriminatory to require folks you don't recognize to pay before they fuel? If you've got a convenience store near a high school and notice that teens are stealing your Slim Jims, is it discriminatory to post a "maximum 4 teenagers allowed in store at one time" notice on the door? These businesses are making these decisions based off of who has screwed them over in the past. It would be fairly stupid of them not to be cautious if that's who they've had the problems with.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Hey! Don't forget Evangelicals boycotted Starbucks because of bare-breasted Mermaids.

Boycotts all around

On a cup or in my living room, bare-breasted mermaids is something I will NEVER protest against!!

Can Dorian get an AMEN?

Dorian Soran v2.7.1 (BETA)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Reactions to this = "These Thugs were wrong for trespassing/loitering"

Trump Supporters get kicked out for "loitering": "this is Liberal white genocidal bias, this is PC culture, if they were a POC or Muslim they would be allowed to do whatever they want"

edit on 17-4-2018 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Different storefronts have different priorities. One side or the other is taking it in the ass, guaranteed... it just depends on the intelligence and profitability of the the manager as to which side ends up taking it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join