It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Offengers . . . . The Starbucks War

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I'm pretty sure health codes will still exist... And some homeless people are definitely dirty enough to be a violation to health codes at a food establishment... You're worries are just that.. worries.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Right there on Starbuck's own website:

It’s not unusual to see people coming to Starbucks to chat, meet up or even work. We’re a neighborhood gathering place, a part of the daily routine – and we couldn’t be happier about it. Get to know us and you’ll see: we are so much more than what we brew.

www.starbucks.com...

The cops did their jobs and responded to protect corporate interest like the good lapdogs they are.

The problem lies with the # that called them.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

I agree ,the glorified coffee server, and possibly the mgt on duty sucked and need to be fired, at some point mgr should had stepped in asked the staffer to step a side ah got this!!. ,pls sirs have a seat and wait for your friend.
Take ol girl in the back and have a stern talk with her, as a person who owned, bars, restaurants and beach jerk shack/ cafe, I know very well the disruptions and cost to business when cops got involved over easily handled sht.
edit on 16-4-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

I agree ,the glorified coffee server, and possibly the mgt on duty sucked and need to be fired, at some point mgr should had stepped in asked the staffer to step a side ah got this!!. ,pls sirs have a seat and wait for your friend.
Take ol girl in the back and have a stern talk with her, as a person who owned, bars, restaurants and beach jerk shack/ cafe, I know very well the disruptions and cost to business when cops got involved over easily handled sht.

LEtting people walk over you is one way to do business i guess. This was a set up.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So after doing a little more digging, I see as I initially thought there is more to this story. Let's follow some logic here...

First, the two guys asked to used the bathroom and were told the bathroom is for paying customers only. They chose not to buy anything and went and sat down. Store management again asked them to either buy or GTFO. They chose not to. It doesn't appear at any point they attempted to say "We are meeting someone here..." Management again ask them to leave or that police would be called. They chose not to leave.

Police show up. Police again ask them to leave . They choose not too. More police show up. They still don't leave. Hence they are arrested.

If you watch the video, the supervisor overseeing the arrest IS BLACK.

This case is nothing but two guys who decided they wanted to not follow the rules of business and go themselves arrested. It has nothing to do with racism.

Why is my brothers and sisters have such a hard time following instructions? In this case and all the other ones that get held up as some shaky proof of racism, when you dig deeper you find the alleged victim simply did not follow instructions.

They could have easily bought a stick of gum but chose not to...

Black folks... we can do better. Fake outrage is not helping us progress...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You can twist and bend as much as you like, it doesn't change the fact that some stupid # called the cops because two black guys did what thousands of white people have been, and will continue to do at Starbucks all across the country.

I know there are some that wish black people would just stop resisting and deal with being treated like second class citizens in some instances - to those people I say get phucking bent. No.

Again:

It’s not unusual to see people coming to Starbucks to chat, meet up or even work. We’re a neighborhood gathering place, a part of the daily routine – and we couldn’t be happier about it. Get to know us and you’ll see: we are so much more than what we brew.

Unless you're black I guess - or at least in the eyes of the POS that called the cops.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

You can twist and bend as much as you like, it doesn't change the fact that some stupid # called the cops because two black guys did what thousands of white people have been, and will continue to do at Starbucks all across the country.

Yes!

This is the part many seem to be taking a blind eye to.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

I know there are some that wish black people would just stop resisting and deal with being treated like second class citizens in some instances - to those people I say get phucking bent. No.

Again:

Unless you're black I guess - or at least in the eyes of the POS that called the cops.

Starbucks is not a library. Sure, they encourage people to come and meet IF YOU BUY SOMETHING. WTF? You cannot be this daft... What part of you need to be a paying customer do people not understand?

Sure, thousands of white people and thousands of black people, fat people, and even strung out homeless folks go into starbucks and BUY SOMETHING hence allowing them to sit there in leisure or work.

The store asked them to purchase something LIKE MOST BUSINESSES. I've been in countless stores that have signage up that says "RESTROOM FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY" or you need a code/key to get access which you can't get unless you go to register and purchase something.

You can try to deny to details of what happened all you want... but the simple fact is these two guys asked to arrested because they did not follow the rules of the establishment. It is that simple. They were given multiple chances to either buy something or GTFO. They chose not too and thus were arrested.

The store management clearly asked them to follow the rules of the store and they didn't. All they had to do was buy a pack of gum or nuts or something. Good grief.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Spider879

LEtting people walk over you is one way to do business i guess. This was a set up.

A setup by whom??.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

One more time:

The Starbucks official acknowledged that the incident is at odds with what many people have done at a Starbucks without drawing suspicion or calls to police. The stores are “community” hubs, the official said, where people often drop in to use the WiFi or chat with friends without necessarily ordering anything.

Keep blaming the victims because they are black.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

WHAT STOOD OUT TO ME WAS WHY THE HELL WERE MOST OF OFFICERS IN VIDEO WEARING BICYCLE HELMETS? ITS WRONG THIS WAS DONE TO THESE GUYS. but the cops looked right goofy in those helmets.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Err no, it's common custom to seat folks at a table while they wait for the rest of their party, this is freakin Star Bucks ffs, stop making excuses for some simple minded bitch or at worst a freakin racist.

edit on 16-4-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The store management clearly asked them to follow the rules of the store and they didn't. All they had to do was buy a pack of gum or nuts or something.

Who else did they ask to leave for the same thing?

That's what you are ignoring.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

WHAT STOOD OUT TO ME WAS WHY THE HELL WERE MOST OF OFFICERS IN VIDEO WEARING BICYCLE HELMETS? ITS WRONG THIS WAS DONE TO THESE GUYS. but the cops looked right goofy in those helmets.

Umm... they probably rode bikes. In a lot of big cities, patrol officers ride mountain bikes.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Meh... the convenience of having a consistently made beverage, to my specifications and order, paid for with a Starbucks membership card that adds points to my account redeemable for free drinks and tasty sandwiches is worth a lot more than the convenience/complaint/BS of a couple of dudes from Philly, frankly. Looks like yet another boycott I'll be ignoring. That said, I hope the boycott does well and many stay away... a quiet Starbucks is a wonderful place to sit and enjoy an iced tea while perusing the interwebs or even playing a card game with the kids.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

To be honest, if you don't follow the rules in a public Library, you will be asked to leave too. I am pretty sure that if you refuse, the cops will be called and you will surely be arrested too. Makes no difference business or public. When advised of the rules, one makes their own personal decision on breaking them and will be solely responsible for what follows.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Edumakated

The store management clearly asked them to follow the rules of the store and they didn't. All they had to do was buy a pack of gum or nuts or something.

Who else did they ask to leave for the same thing?

That's what you are ignoring.

There is no way to know because we don't know who or who didn't make a purchase. While I am sure there are instances where people go to a Starbucks and don't buy anything, it is not customary. Generally, it is expected that you purchase something.

In smaller, urban Starbucks or other coffee shops, it is not uncommon for there to be signs limiting people's time or restrictions to using the restroom. I've been in a Starbucks where the wifi cuts off after like 1 hour and then you had to go buy something to get a code refresh. They mainly do stuff like this because seating is limited and they don't want someone just setting up shop and not spending any money.

Again, if you actually follow the timeline and read what happened, the guys simply did not follow the rules of the store. They first asked to used the restroom. They were told, the restroom was for paying customers. They did not buy anything. They sit down. Manager then asks if they are going to make a purchase as apparently, they don't want people loitering.

At this point, if I am the guys and I am truly meeting someone, I might say "Yes, I am waiting on someone and will make a purchase". They apparently didn't do this as they were warned multiple times. So this is an incident where they are instigating the situation.

Cops come and they still won't leave. More cops come. Still won't leave. Arrested.

This has nothing to do with racism. The cop supervising the arrest was black. I guess we are just going to write this guy off as some Uncle Tom now...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

LMAO!
I'd call the cops as well if I had someone chilling at my place and refusing to buy a drink.
Seems staged to me, just for drama and protest.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

To be honest, if you don't follow the rules in a public Library, you will be asked to leave too. I am pretty sure that if you refuse, the cops will be called and you will surely be arrested too. Makes no difference business or public. When advised of the rules, one makes their own personal decision on breaking them and will be solely responsible for what follows.

True. Some many people are ignoring basic logic and common sense in order to just prove to themselves that they are a victim.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

please most of them were kinda pudgie to be bike cops and its philly not la was it warm enough for bike cops.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join