It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Offengers . . . . The Starbucks War

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think there is more to this story.

At the Starbucks in my town, the bathrooms are frequently locked and homeless love to loiter. They usually just sit over in a corner and occasionally ask for change on the sly.

Generally, if you aren't purchasing something, stores will ask you to leave. I conduct a lot of business meetings at Starbucks and I always purchase something immediately even if I am the first to arrive for the meeting.

It sounds like store management approached these two guys and were either blown off regarding an initial request that the purchase something and thus it was escalated to police being called. Management may have thought they were loitering. Of course, any legit person if approached would probably just respond "I am meeting someone and will make a purchase..." and that would have probably been the end of it.

This looks like some kind of setup and actual details of what happened are being left out to push a narrative.

I am a black guy and sick this victimization mentality that everyone is out to get us. Stories like don't help the cause because it creates a boy cried wolf situation when actual racism occurs.
edit on 15-4-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yea, there's always more to the story, heaven forbid we see some actual racism!

Starbucks Witness: Implicit Bias Exists and White People Need to Speak Up When They See It

She said a Starbucks employee told the gentlemen that if they didn’t purchase anything, they would have to leave, but DePino said that there were people in the store who said they hadn’t purchased anything for hours and had no issue.

Still, the employee called the police, because the threat of two black men sitting in the store without purchasing coffee proved too much for her. The employee, of course, was white.

This is just another real-life example of implicit bias.

If you are having a hard time grasping the concept of implicit bias, allow me to explain.

Implicit bias occurs when one’s brain automatically goes to stereotype and views black people as somehow different than white people and you act according to that false concept.

From a white person at the scene, straight from the person mouth. And oh yea, we got you covered...

Implicit bias is when you witness a racist incident at Starbucks, record it and tells your friends what happened, but they still question your version of events and imply that something else must have happened to cause the men to get arrested.

This is what DePino said happened to her.

“So many of my white friends were saying to me ‘there has to be more to the story than that,’” DePino said. “It’s so frustrating.”

DePino said she was asked by more than one person if it was possible the men had done something she hadn’t seen; if maybe they had been recognized because they had been to the same Starbucks on a different day and caused trouble; if it was possible she hadn’t seen the entire incident.

(i added bold emphasis)
edit on 15-4-2018 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: Edumakated

Yea, there's always more to the story, heaven forbid we see some actual racism!

Starbucks Witness: Implicit Bias Exists and White People Need to Speak Up When They See It

She said a Starbucks employee told the gentlemen that if they didn’t purchase anything, they would have to leave, but DePino said that there were people in the store who said they hadn’t purchased anything for hours and had no issue.

Still, the employee called the police, because the threat of two black men sitting in the store without purchasing coffee proved too much for her. The employee, of course, was white.

This is just another real-life example of implicit bias.

If you are having a hard time grasping the concept of implicit bias, allow me to explain.

Implicit bias occurs when one’s brain automatically goes to stereotype and views black people as somehow different than white people and you act according to that false concept.

From a white person at the scene, straight from the person mouth. And oh yea, we got you covered...

Implicit bias is when you witness a racist incident at Starbucks, record it and tells your friends what happened, but they still question your version of events and imply that something else must have happened to cause the men to get arrested.

This is what DePino said happened to her.

“So many of my white friends were saying to me ‘there has to be more to the story than that,’” DePino said. “It’s so frustrating.”

DePino said she was asked by more than one person if it was possible the men had done something she hadn’t seen; if maybe they had been recognized because they had been to the same Starbucks on a different day and caused trouble; if it was possible she hadn’t seen the entire incident.

(i added bold emphasis)

From your own quote... "She said a Starbucks employee told the gentlemen that if they didn’t purchase anything, they would have to leave, but DePino said that there were people in the store who said they hadn’t purchased anything for hours and had no issue."

So the Starbucks employee told them they needed to purchase something and they didn't... hence why police were called. Again, did the two gentlemen say they were meeting someone and would purchase later? Or did they just sit there like a bump on a log?

As for the second part of the quote, that is vague. I've nursed a single cup of coffee for two hours... the quote just says "they hadn't purchased anything for hours..." Not that they never purchased anything at all. See the difference?

The only folks I see in my Starbucks or any coffee shop for that matter without any drinks or food are homeless guys around my parts.

Like I said, there is probably more to the story. Heck, maybe the store can show the CCTV footage to see if any other black people were in the store. Then how are we going to explain that one...

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Annee
At least I drink it black, and make it with bottled water.

Bottled tap water laced with plastic toxins, and marked up 1000%. That's not something I'd be bragging about.

How do you establish its bottled tap water?

Ever tried to make ice cubes with bottled water?

I guarantee you there is a difference.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And they were doing so good with the whole refugee hiring program. I wonder if they like where their line of politics is heading at this moment. They brought this on themselves. You should really know who you are going to bed with.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

And they were doing so good with the whole refugee hiring program. I wonder if they like where their line of politics is heading at this moment. They brought this on themselves. You should really know who you are going to bed with.

Progressives eat their own... the left is literally a Mexican standoff. All these special interest groups in conflict with each other and opposing view points. The only thing that they actually have in common is some claim to victimization.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a personnel problem.

INDIVIDUALS with power within the store made a decision to boot them out.

Isolated incident.

Boo the person who made the call, not the company.

Friggin' dolts.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Folgers ftw. Hate the taste of Starbucks. Over priced and too many yuppies in there. As for what happened to these black men I don’t know but I do know you can’t just loiter in a business establishment. Order a cup of joe then wait for whoever you are waiting for.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I remember when Starbucks still had cozy brown velvet chairs for people to sink into and read a good book. Now the stores are all sanitized with goofy cds promoting the latest do gooder Ct$&. And the prices outrageous as always. They are getting their come uppance for trashing Trump in their stores. Let the people protest.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

edit on 15-4-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Typical progressive BS. They talk nice, but they just see a bunch of people who ain't as good as them. This is perfectly illustrative:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: eNumbra

I wonder what the next outrage will be about. If Whole Foods runs out of kale?.

What an absurd comparison to make.

Where will you be marching?

Where will you? Wrongful arrests and abuse of power by police go against the land of the free don’t they?

Even if some people are protesting the wrong actor in the scenario (Starbucks over the police), how can you compare the unlawful arrest of two men who haven’t done anything illegal to a grocery store running out of produce?

So the cops just arrested them for nothing? They didn't do anything illegal? I'm Pretty sure they did do something illegal. I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about. So blinded by the typical knee jerk reactionary emotions that you cannot even recognise basic facts...

You realize when you do that, you only do harm to the cause of justice you claim to stand for. Now people are gonna be too busy correcting you to actually make any progress on this issue... All because you couldn't be bothered to stop and think before you have an emotional outburst. No, you had an Argument to win with "that guy over there". Congratulations! You manned up and stepped up to him like big man, didn't you?

Yeah, well, don't let us disturb your caveman like bumbling around, swinging your club (aka: innacurate information) around at whoever happens to be in your vicinity, but if you get a chance, in between grunting and swinging your "facts" around, you might wanna listen up ok? You might learn a thing or two!

You just let us know whenever you're done trying to win Bloodsport against DB, and I can tell you the Facts of this case and the Facts of trespassing, and the Facts of the rights a place of business has.

When someone asks you to leave, what are you gonna do? Be a jerk? Or apologize and say it won't happen again? I know what I would do if I were inside someone else's home or place of business or property. I would choose Not to be a CRIMINAL and a SCUMBAG. And a crappy guest in general.

BREAKING NEWS: BLACK PEOPLE BREAK LAW...AND GET ARRESTED FOR IT!!!! SO RACIST!!!

Wait... no... actually it all makes sense now. The Starbucks employee saw two BLACK PEOPLE enter, and immediately the hairs on his or her neck stood up... this Starbucks employee HATES black people. They were hoping that getting a job at Starbucks would keep them away from these other types...

Immediately they started thinking... what can I do to make these negroes miserable...? I don't even care if my non-racist cover gets blown cause this will be so worth it...this is the moment I've been waiting for, working my way up the Starbucks Corporate ladder all these years just to get the power to throw people out of the cafe... I'm gonna exercise my authority to the Fullest Extent over these negroes and enjoy it So much!

Obviously the cops were in cahoots with the barrista. Either that or they saw an opportunity to be extra racist and thought "hey what the heck...? Let's actually respond to this call from one our towns biggest and well respected places of business and beloved corporate taxpayers, and let's actually enforce the law!"

The racist bastards couldn't help themselves...once the had the scent of N-word on their nostrils, they simply went into a frenzy.

Yeah that version makes hella sense!

And they almost got away with it, too!

Liberal magic Marxist sparkle power saved the day, AGAIN! Now the people have Another reason to be distrustful of one another! The party leaders are safe...we can all sleep soundly tonight knowing the benevolent establishment, hey let's just call it The Bemecolency, will be there when we wake up, always watching, always guiding from the blind spot on your shoulder, never sleeping and never forgetting.

edit on 4/16/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/16/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

I remember when Starbucks still had cozy brown velvet chairs for people to sink into and read a good book. Now the stores are all sanitized with goofy cds promoting the latest do gooder Ct$&. And the prices outrageous as always. They are getting their come uppance for trashing Trump in their stores. Let the people protest.

This is now about Trump?

Really?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

This is now about Trump?

Really?

Everything is about Trump now.

What else could it be?

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
A cup of coffee at starbucks is cheap. A buck or two. Take your own cup its cheaper. The only real expensive coffee is the espressso stuff.

And their french roast is the best coffee you will ever have. I get mine 32 oz for a buck and a quarter. They even put heavy cream in it for me

I didn't know it was that cheap. I assume that is if you bring your own mug.

Still cheap. The other day I stopped at a circle k and it cost 2 bucks for a 16 once stale coffee.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
[...]

Tl;dr
edit on 4/16/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

a reply to: eNumbra

It's disproportionate outrage.

I'm sure the manager has been written up or fired.

The police are apologizing.

Jesus! What more do you want???

No it's not, blk folks have to contend With hundred of these minor and sometimes major indignities yrs after yr,
Shopping while blk.
Entering your own home while blk.
Walking while blk.
Driving while blk.
Riding while blk.
Sitting while blk.
Waiting for your mom to pick you up at the hospital while blk.
Nope last one is not a joke.
www.longroom.com... ching-a-black-man-20-in-the-face-moments-after-he-was-released-from-hospital

Now blk folks complained about these many daily indignities they are made to feel like lairs if not caught on cameras, or casually dismissed when do..stories like these came across my feed everyday, if I was to share them with you guys it would drive many here into depression.

edit on 16-4-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Typical progressive BS. They talk nice, but they just see a bunch of people who ain't as good as them. This is perfectly illustrative:

Well I'm
Not surprised that so many people are snuckered moveon.org and all the other progressive outlets. CNN Hath done its job. All that blather is just programming jammed into those people's heads.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
A cup of coffee at starbucks is cheap. A buck or two. Take your own cup its cheaper. The only real expensive coffee is the espressso stuff.

And their french roast is the best coffee you will ever have. I get mine 32 oz for a buck and a quarter. They even put heavy cream in it for me

I didn't know it was that cheap. I assume that is if you bring your own mug.

Still cheap. The other day I stopped at a circle k and it cost 2 bucks for a 16 once stale coffee.
It would take me an hour just to drive to the nearest one. We just grind our own coffee beans and it's the grocery store brand and perfectly good. All day thermos goes to work with us.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Protest there now live

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join