It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Offengers . . . . The Starbucks War

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sorry missed this fella...you not had a coffee for 20 years???!
Wow, you sound way more straight-head than me, do you use any substance which alters brain function? Alcohol or tobacco?

Tea
Alcohol
Nicotine
Caffeinated sodas
Blood of virgins
Meth

The usual.

LMAO you missed out children's tears.
Schoolboy error

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: roadgravel

I dont get it. Its roasted way to light for my taste.

There is better coffee out there....but not in a package. Ive had some fresh roasted stuff that is amazimg. But the flavor doesnt survive the shelf.

The only way to preserve it is in a foiled lined, vacuum sealed bag. I buy it pre-packaged from a quality brand for that reason, instead of buying the beans and grinding them. Packaged right, the flavor stays indefinitely.

Light or dark roast to me depends on how bitter you like it. The darker it is, the more bitter and less sweet it is. I'm the opposite and I don't care for the darkest roasts, as it's too bitter for my palate.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

At least they do for me. I have had a keurig for about 4 years now (similar to the B60 model) and it works great. Combine that with whole beans (I combine 1/2 starbucks dark roast with 1/2 caribou dark roast), a burr grinder to reduce the friction of the grind (better tasting coffee due to less heat applied). I also use distilled or reverse osmosis water for the better results. I think the worse thing you can do to coffee is apply any type of heat after it is brewed.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Question. I had commercial pod coffee when it first came out - office.

Do the consumer machine work well and last. The coffee is much higher but for a couple of cups a day, might be worth it for the better taste.

Use a bottled water so you domt get scale buildup and they last forever.

I use mine mercilessly. Ive gome through 1, but bought it used. I have one at home and one in my office.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: TheShadow21
Betcha if they purchased something there never would've been any problem
lmao

I've never been allowed to just sit somewhere and not order something, unless the restaurant is almost empty. And that's not a race thing....

If they didn't know it was self serve, it's really rude of the restaurant to not tell them to order a little something.

Yep, and most Starbucks are tiny little things inside. There isn't much space.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I wondered about the distilled or filtered water. Have heard people mention distilled water, or at least processed. The water here has a pretty good dose of minerals.

I think I might give a k-cup machine a try.

Thanks ClovenSky and bigfatfurrytexan
edit on 4/15/2018 by roadgravel because: basic bad typing

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This isn't a STARBUCKS decision, it a person managing or working the coffee bar at Starbucks. I am SO SICK of people holding large groups of people responsible for the decisions of a few.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
To me this just screams 'entitlement crowd'. Whenever I have to use a bathroom, wait for someone or even just need a place to warm up/cool down/ get out of the rain...I show respect and appreciation for that service of a business by ordering or buying something!

True, it may have to be a lower price item...yet, my presence is forcing an employee to have to keep an eye on me instead of focusing on other customers or even side chores. It is simply common courtesy and respect. Even still, as a white blue eyed woman, I have sipped my drink too slowly and could see when I was obviously wearing my welcome and their customer service thin!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

It's a product of today's society. No one is an individual anymore. We're all just so many identity groups stacked together.

If I do something stupid, it won't be blamed on me. Someone will look at whatever identity groups I belong to and blame whichever of them they hate most - Christian, white, female, etc.

So my bad behavior wasn't because *I* personally did it. It was because I'm a Christian, and everyone knows how *they* are ...

Or it's because I'm white, and everyone knows how they are ...

In this case, it's because these two were black and the cops came and arrested them, and we all know how that is ... So Starbucks must be racist because they called the cops to perpetrate this racist environment on two men for being black like cops so obviously do ... because that's how black men and cops are. /sarc

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's time for regime change, bomb Starbucks.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is totally going to screw my boycott of boycotts. I hate Starbucks 🤑

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Covfefe makes my stomach turn.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sounds like just another case of, I'm not going to show you my ID till I'm handcuffs. They should have made the ultimate threat ..I'll never come back here and not by anything ever again. To counter any bad press. I'd go with anti Trump day, where tax rates are raised to 50%.
edit on 15-4-2018 by MajorAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts Whenever I have to use a bathroom, wait for someone or even just need a place to warm up/cool down/ get out of the rain...I show respect and appreciation for that service of a business by ordering or buying something!

I think that's dumb if you're waiting for a 3rd party.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
This isn't a STARBUCKS decision, it a person managing or working the coffee bar at Starbucks. I am SO SICK of people holding large groups of people responsible for the decisions of a few.

Human Error

Not Company Error

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Lol, coffee is just a wake up drug to me, I buy the cheapest at the supermarket, I don't buy it for the taste, just the caffeine.

I haven't had a coffee for 20 plus years.

So I really never visit any coffee place.

Coffee - - the one thing I haven't been able to give up.

At least I drink it black, and make it with bottled water.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Based on the videos, I'm of the opinion that quite possibly this was a setup.

It's quite common for Starbuck's to refuse restroom use to non-paying customers. There's usually signs clearly posted.

I get annoyed when I go into Starbuck's (or anyplace for that matter) and all the tables are taken by people who have no purchased and are loitering because it's a place to sit down.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: CynConcepts Whenever I have to use a bathroom, wait for someone or even just need a place to warm up/cool down/ get out of the rain...I show respect and appreciation for that service of a business by ordering or buying something!

I think that's dumb if you're waiting for a 3rd party.

Thank you for your response. it is an obvious and perfect example of one feeling self 'entitlement' for all future readers.

Edit add: if I am waiting for some one to join me for coffee...I order mine. Sip it slowly.

edit on 4 15 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

A bleeding ulcer in the 90's caused me to give up coffee.

Never had it again.

But!

I make it daily for my wife.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
At least I drink it black, and make it with bottled water.

Bottled tap water laced with plastic toxins, and marked up 1000%. That's not something I'd be bragging about.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join