It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Offengers . . . . The Starbucks War

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I dont get it. Its roasted way to light for my taste.

There is better coffee out there....but not in a package. Ive had some fresh roasted stuff that is amazimg. But the flavor doesnt survive the shelf.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Lol, coffee is just a wake up drug to me, I buy the cheapest at the supermarket, I don't buy it for the taste, just the caffeine.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Lol, coffee is just a wake up drug to me, I buy the cheapest at the supermarket, I don't buy it for the taste, just the caffeine.

I haven't had a coffee for 20 plus years.

So I really never visit any coffee place.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

The lighter the roast, the more caffeine. As an FYI.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I haven't had real coffee in years. I use instant which SUCKS but my water is so hard it destroys a coffee pot in 3 to 4 month. So I can walk into any convenience store and their coffee will taste like the nectar of the Gods compared to instant! And yes, I drink mine black.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The men had refused to leave the cafe after asking to use the restroom without placing an order, which violated Starbucks policy, staff members told police. The men were detained after they refused officers’ requests to leave as well, Ross said.

So, Starbucks like any business in one of the US sardine cans, requires you be a paying customer to use their bathrooms or hang out. There is good reason for that and I'm sure even minority owned businesses do exactly the same.

A sensible person waiting for someone would have just ordered something. Businesses are not public spaces to hang out in and the space they were using was likely needed to seat actual customers.

I don't think the staff there or the police did anything wrong and I notice the video just shows a snippet and not the whole story. I'm also skeptical that guy with the story in the video was actually there to meet them, since he then refused to respond to calls for a statement. I'd not be surprised if he was just a cop hater or trouble causer who injected himself into the fray. Maybe not, who knows.

It's time for the adults in the country to say no more of this manufactured hate to the childish minded.

I'm betting if we had video of the whole thing, nobody would be condemning Starbucks.
Oh well, they got their moment of fame along with the guy who may, or may not have been meeting them there. Odd two guys meeting for a real estate deal could not come up with enough money for a coffee or something, so they could use the restroom?

Now I could go full on conspiracy. Real estate dude trying to drive Starbucks out of that location with a staged event so someone else can get it.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Haha good man!

Maddest drug type coffee I ever had was in Laos years ago at 5am waiting for a vehicle to travel south. No milk or anything, just coffee and water, I actually shuddered like I was coming up on MDMA or something.
Tasted rough though, but as a caffeine hit, fantastic.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

They are now saying that dark roasted coffee has the least amount of acrylamide (possible cancer causing chemical)

For coffee, the issue of acrylamide arises in the roasting process. As coffee beans are roasted, natural sugars and moisture enable the desirable browning process, which chemically creates some acrylamide. The exact mechanisms of acrylamide’s formation in coffee may involve asparagine and other possible pathways. However, the highest level of the compound occurs at a roasting level too light for consumer preferences, after which it begins to degrade significantly during further roasting. Completed roasting leaves only a fraction of the original acrylamide levels in the bean. Moreover, there’s very little acrylamide left in brewed coffee as it is consumed.

dailycoffeenews.com...

Now if I could just get my coffee to a liquid consistency. Eating it with a spoon is getting old.
edit on 15-4-2018 by ClovenSky because: spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Well put, we share similar sentiments

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I haven't had real coffee in years. I use instant which SUCKS but my water is so hard it destroys a coffee pot in 3 to 4 month. So I can walk into any convenience store and their coffee will taste like the nectar of the Gods compared to instant! And yes, I drink mine black.

Haha yes!
I had a coffeshop coffee the other day and the taste was nectar of the gods!
...still just a drug to me though, I'll take crap taste for cheaper hit, proper junkie...but at least I'm honest about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
So this was probably a setup by dumb people. live with that

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I have drank so much over the years that it's not that special anymore. Mornings and it just can't be terrible. I make some for wake up and the road. Sometimes a bit at work AM.

I don't go high dollar but there are common brands I don't particularly like also.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Sorry missed this fella...you not had a coffee for 20 years???!
Wow, you sound way more straight-head than me, do you use any substance which alters brain function? Alcohol or tobacco?

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Run some vinegar through, every so often. It takes the minerals out. That's if you still care to home brew the stuff.

edit on 4/15/2018 by roadgravel because: typo

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I have drank so much over the years that it's not that special anymore. Mornings and it just can't be terrible. I make some for wake up and the road. Sometimes a bit at work AM.

I don't go high dollar but there are common brands I don't particularly like also.

I need that richness. I use a keurig and but the great value french roast pods as they are cheap amd "good enough".

I wont drink drip coffee. The taste is more than i can take. I have a lot of tastebuds and percieve flavors strongly

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
eh nvm.
edit on 4/15/2018 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Question. I had commercial pod coffee when it first came out - office.

Do the consumer machine work well and last. The coffee is much higher but for a couple of cups a day, might be worth it for the better taste.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Sorry missed this fella...you not had a coffee for 20 years???!
Wow, you sound way more straight-head than me, do you use any substance which alters brain function? Alcohol or tobacco?

Tea
Alcohol
Nicotine
Caffeinated sodas
Blood of virgins
Meth

The usual.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Do you know how many non minorities go post up in Starbucks on their laptops all day and not buy anything...

Or doesn't it matter?

The cops asked them 3 times as other people shouting they're doing the same thing...

I think this is important to note, if it is indeed true.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
I like that one girls tweet:

The police were called becase these men hadn't ordered anything. They were waiting for a friend to show up, who did as they were taken out in handcuffs for doing nothing. All the other white pple are wondering why it's never happened to us when we do the same thing.

That's pretty darn ridiculous.

Mostly because we ORDER SOMETHING or have ordered something before?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join