It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Offengers . . . . The Starbucks War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'll boycott Starbucks!

It will be a bit hollow though.
I have yet to enter a Starbucks and have never drank their overpriced brew.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Only just seen this, I posted in the later thread lol:

Bit weird to me taking a seat but not ordering anything, but equally bit weird calling the cops because they didn't.
Not my country though so I couldn't really comment, I just know in my local Starbucks if they'd been hanging around for ages without ordering anything someone would have said "Hiya lads what can I get you" or something. How they reacted to that would depend on police involvement or not.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

So let me guess.........Gunther brings your tea. Do you let him use the Keurig?

I don't do Starbucks.way overpriced. Karma is a bitch !!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have never gone to starbucks, but when I have been told to order or please leave I have always either ordered something or left. If they had just walked out they would not have gotten arrested, this is more people either looking to get paid or just looking to be offended.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There are so many variables here that unless one was there we do not know what really happened, but we are sure to get the narrative of those pushing something no matter what happened. I would need to say first that Star Bucks is not a public library, so unless you are a patron any business can ask you to leave even if you are just sitting there doing nothing wrong other than taking up space designed for paying customers. In this case they did not buy anything, and I'm sure after a period of time the manager could have asked them to leave, which they did not and so police were called. Places like Star Bucks provide seating, WiFi etc for those who use their services...they are not a hangout join.

Even at the point they were handcuffed I would bet if the police asked them to leave that would have been the end to it if they did. If the police asked them to leave and they said no, then the cuffs come out.

In today's world with everyone with a recorder it seems so much is staged for some propaganda.

edit on 15-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

F’n coudos for not being a propaganda fueled shill by pretending this is some proof that (fill in the blank).

It is flipping sad so few people can recognize a logical fallacy when they see one.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

pretentious size names

Ran into exactly the same thing in Ft Worth Texas of all places. Took my sister to have a scan [ she had a brain tumor ] and while I was waiting, I walked down a couple of blocks to have a smoke, get coffee and kill time. Walked into a Starbucks and asked for a large coffee.
Swear to God the guy had a look on his face like someone was holding a turd under his nose and an almost Elvis like sneer when he said "You mean a grande?"
My stress level was in the red with worry, so this was not the day to push my buttons. I fired back "No, I mean a goddamn large. Do ya think you can do that without gettin' your panties in a knot cupcake or do I need to speak to your boss?"
Hipster boy got very polite, very quickly.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
An agent of a private business asked the non-paying men to leave. They refused.

Said agent called police to ask the men to leave, they refused. The men were arrested for trespassing.

Nothing unlawful occurred. Owners of private property or their agents have every right to trespass anyone for any reason. The police made a lawful arrest based on the two men's actions and agent's wishes.

What are we upset about again? Why is everyone apologizing?

I'll continue my pre-existing boycott of Starbucks on the grounds that I refuse to pay for overpriced coffee. I'll also continue to drink my coffee from my Mr. Coffee, black, occasionally with some Jameson.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Im upset with any potential protesters for protesting starbucks (who acted within their rights) instead of police.

Loitering is loitering. Even if your not white

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Swear to God the guy had a look on his face like someone was holding a turd under his nose and an almost Elvis like sneer when he said "You mean a grande?"

I make it a point to say large, and when they ask me if I would like a flavor I ask them if they have coffee flavor... I have had people actually turn towards their bottles and look for it.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
An agent of a private business asked the non-paying men to leave. They refused.

Said agent called police to ask the men to leave, they refused. The men were arrested for trespassing.

Nothing unlawful occurred. Owners of private property or their agents have every right to trespass anyone for any reason. The police made a lawful arrest based on the two men's actions and agent's wishes.

What are we upset about again? Why is everyone apologizing?

I'll continue my pre-existing boycott of Starbucks on the grounds that I refuse to pay for overpriced coffee. I'll also continue to drink my coffee from my Mr. Coffee, black, occasionally with some Jameson.

You must be a fascist!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A cup of coffee at starbucks is cheap. A buck or two. Take your own cup its cheaper. The only real expensive coffee is the espressso stuff.

And their french roast is the best coffee you will ever have. I get mine 32 oz for a buck and a quarter. They even put heavy cream in it for me

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I know, what am I thinking.

Private property is a myth, comrade.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: eNumbra

It's disproportionate outrage.

I'm sure the manager has been written up or fired.

The police are apologizing.

Jesus! What more do you want???

# like this to not be written off, “oh he’s been written up, everything’s alright then. I don’t see why anyone is protesting.”

What would make you happy? Burning down all the Starbucks in the US?

Death camps for suspected baristas?

Refer to my edit, how about we start with no more “I believe in the right to protest but people should stop protesting” threads?

I never said people should not protest.

Point out where I said that.
So telling people to calm down is in reference to what?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
a reply to: seeker1963

I know, what am I thinking.

Private property is a myth, comrade.

I was joking with ya by they way! I agree with ya 100%!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

But it was just one store, one manager. This isn't a growing trend at all Starbucks to randomly arrest black men.

The same could be said about many of the "issues" people get offended/outraged over on these boards but that doesn't stop some from sensationalizing them to no end.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

# like this to not be written off, “oh he’s been written up, everything’s alright then. I don’t see why anyone is protesting.”

Refer to my edit, how about we start with no more “I believe in the right to protest but people should stop protesting” threads?

Telling people to calm down?

THAT'S ALL YOU GOT?

Calm down.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheShadow21
Betcha if they purchased something there never would've been any problem
lmao

I've never been allowed to just sit somewhere and not order something, unless the restaurant is almost empty. And that's not a race thing....

If they didn't know it was self serve, it's really rude of the restaurant to not tell them to order a little something.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Telling people to calm down?

THAT'S ALL YOU GOT?

Calm down.

I’m quite calm, why are you yelling?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And their french roast is the best coffee you will ever have.

I understand your point but I suspect there is better coffee out there that I can access.

I suppose Starbuck french roast could be rated the best coffee in the world.

A side thought:

What's with the Dunkin Donut coffee being considered so great. Advertising?

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join