It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Offengers . . . . The Starbucks War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: eNumbra

It's disproportionate outrage.

I'm sure the manager has been written up or fired.

The police are apologizing.

Jesus! What more do you want???

# like this to not be written off, “oh he’s been written up, everything’s alright then. I don’t see why anyone is protesting.”

What would make you happy? Burning down all the Starbucks in the US?

Death camps for suspected baristas?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Another ism to fight argue and sue someone over. Also let’s the media tell you what to think and feel about . Something tells me there is more to the story.

Our society has turned into a quick judgement society to the point it getting concerning. Boycotting a buisness over this is lunacy. But whatever being a person alive before his time obviously is difficult.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hey! Don't forget Evangelicals boycotted Starbucks because of bare-breasted Mermaids.

Boycotts all around

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
People can protest for any reason.

I would think protesting for over priced, crappy coffee would be more reasonable then for support of trespass.

We've entered a time where people think business should operate as they see, not as the business desires.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

# like this to not be written off, “oh he’s been written up, everything’s alright then. I don’t see why anyone is protesting.”

Refer to my edit, how about we start with no more “I believe in the right to protest but people should stop protesting” threads?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I had a similar experience at a Starbucks waiting for my wife. I got there before her sat down at a table and was told after about 10 min I needed to order or leave. Said I wasn't allowed to sit at the table and wait for her. I was told I can go outside and wait on the bench. I got mad went to the car and waited until she got there so we could go somewhere else.

It's a sad fact I'm today's society businesses dont even feel the need to be polite to us anymore.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Refer to my edit, how about we start with no more “I believe in the right to protest but people should stop protesting” threads?

I never said people should not protest.

Point out where I said that.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I am going to prevent myself for participating in this thread, but it’s not just buisness’s. In order to get a better understanding we have to focus elsewhere than the surface and adjust the contrast. Most of the information consumed like this is coming from a prism that catalyze’s into opinion.

Sad really.

Anyhow carry on..

Over and out..

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I had a similar experience at a Starbucks waiting for my wife. I got there before her sat down at a table and was told after about 10 min I needed to order or leave. Said I wasn't allowed to sit at the table and wait for her. I was told I can go outside and wait on the bench. I got mad went to the car and waited until she got there so we could go somewhere else.

It's a sad fact I'm today's society businesses dont even feel the need to be polite to us anymore.

That's just it. You left as you knew if you argued with them like an idiot you would have most likely been cited. So you left. Now you will NEVER spend your money there because you dislike how you were treated. These idiots thru a conniption and thus the police were called.

Don't have to like their policies but you sure as hell can choose where you spend your money.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just an opinion.

Anyone that uses Starbucks, black or white, deserves to be arrested. You pay five bucks for a coffee? WTF? I can buy a half kilo (one pound) of coffee for less than the price of a Starbucks "coffee". Anyone contaminates my coffee with caramel, cinnamon or any other kind of hipster-dip# feel-good crap should be shot on sight. Besides, I live in the Netherlands. They pay no tax and employ young people and disadvantage them. (The Netherlands do not pay minimum wage until age 23. Fact)

In the Netherlands it is customary to allow people to use the toilet who do not patronise your shop for a small fee. 50 cents is appropriate.
edit on 15/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I had a hot chocolate at a Starbucks once during the winter of ‘97. I have been boycotting them ever since for charging me $5 for a friggin hot chocolate. Not to mention I asked for a large and they started spouting all kinds of bull crap about their pretentious size names. Seriously, screw that place.

Metallicus: Can I have a large coffee please?
Starbucks: Umm, it's referred to as Fat, not large.
Metallicus: mmmkay.....can I have a fat coffee please?
Starbucks: How would you like that?
Metallicus: Black, with none.
Starbucks: Thats racist, I'm calling the police.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I can see the logic if they protested that one particular store that it happened at, but not protesting the whole chain of stores.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Could it have been they were 'thrown out' for being crackhead loiterers, not because they were "black"?

Okay here's the video. Nope. Not Tyrone Biggums & Pooky, but Starbucks tables & restrooms are for paying customers. These dudes asked to leave if they werent going to shop. They refused 3 tmes by the cops alone.

edit on 15-4-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Am I the only person who finds it more than odd that both men who are being arrested for nothing aren't protesting that fact? They seem awfully serene about the whole thing. White people get arrested for loitering too so why doesn't that make headline news?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I boycott 'em, too.

How dare they sell coffee. I can't stand coffee.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

After seeing the video I don't fault the police or the shop.

They were asked to leave the shop being non paying customers and they refused.

The police came and told them to leave and the refused.

They were arrested for loitering and that would happen to anyone that assinine. Regardless of skin pigment.

edit on 15-4-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Do you know how many non minorities go post up in Starbucks on their laptops all day and not buy anything...

Or doesn't it matter?

The cops asked them 3 times as other people shouting they're doing the same thing...

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

What are they supposed to do?

They can't win that fight, but the fight in the court room might be a whole nother pot o'coffee.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You don’t have to protest with them, you don’t have to go raze your local Starbucks, but to be upset at the protesters? Absurd.

I despise protesters of all sorts. Left wing, Right wing...I hate them all and while they have the right to 'peacefully assemble' it is rarely the case. Someone always gets beat up or has their right to free passage violated. This isn't a right or left wing thing to me...I just hate protesters for making a mess and causing problems.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I have no clue because I've never even driven thru a Starbucks parking lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join