It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Offengers . . . . The Starbucks War

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There is a 'midnight run' only open to women in my area, raises money for female cancers.
They appeal specifically for male volunteers to marshall the event every year.
Men do most violent bad stuff to women, and men are more able to control those men than women.
Probably a sexist comment but my opinion so meh.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Aegeus

Look at you, you can't even write "black". And yes, "thuggery" is a predominantly black thing with entire communities subscribing to the belief. And of course there are white gangs, but again those numbers pale in comparison nation wide compared to black gangs. You can cherry pick, but the extremely overwhelming numbers fall on blacks and black gangs. 

You shout P.C as a non sequitur all you want but will not distract from what I wrote, backed up by formal studies, which is blk ppl and why ppl commit crimes at the same rate.
Although Blk and latino males are got frisked at a higher rate, white males are more likely carrying contraband.

new study analyzing traffic stops in Vermont shows that black and Hispanic drivers are pulled over, searched and arrested far more often than whites, yet white drivers are more likely to be carrying illegal contraband.
phys.org...

And if you are gonna go Blk crime world wide then, don't because then i'll go sht crimes in the not so deep past.

FBI stats don't agree with you.

Here in Chicago... I don't think we even had 20 white murder victims in 2017. A whopping 527 black murders. IN a city that is 32% black and 45% white. So yeah, white's commit crime at the same rate as blacks if you failed basic statistics. That assertion might be true if you are talking smoking weed and speeding, but no one is stereotyping based on those crimes...

edit on 18-4-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Been married 3 times and each one beat the hell out of me. Broken nose countless black eyes.
I didn't fight back you see my dad beat the crap out of my mum so I swore never to lay a hand on any lady.
My fault I suppose I go for redheads...
Never again though.
I think women can be as bad as men but most men like myself did nowt about it due to being laughed at.
I actually talked to my doctor about my 2 Nd wife and he laughed at me and told me to man up.
edit on 18-4-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Men overwhelmingly commit most violent and sexual crime in our society though mate.
That is a tragic fact.
...I've had a few crazy cats in my time so I get what you're saying though.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Vast majority of most crimes are committed by a person of the same race as the victim, Bureau of Justice Statistics reports.
www.bjs.gov...

Yes and I / we know about Chicago.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I fail to see what the manager was trying to accomplish.

My guess is actual returns on the property and business taxes they pay every year that fund the service of police being available to oust asshats who are trespassing.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes. You are. You are describing 'violent crimes' though.

That is not what happened in Starbucks. A couple of poorly raised spoiled children threw a tamtrum and people/media/racists made it about race. 1000's of times a day establishments do not let people use restrooms.

The police should be called when they will not leave. White, Black or Chinese you have NO idea who the people are of if the could turn violent.

So, to keep you safe in parking garages and StarBucks I recommend a CWP and a Springfield 3" XD2 chambered in .45

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

There were apparently quite a few non-black people there not spending any money.

I don’t like guns. I would prefer to just keep the men out.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Again, again, this is a clear case of bias and mistreatment.
If you are going to kick out some for breaking "store policies", then kick out ALL the perpetrators.
The manager should have kicked out all the other folks not ordering anything. Then, and only then, would any sane person say he did the right thing.

By singling out a certain group of people, he will suffer the consequences.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Is that what happened? I've only dipped in and out of this thread.
Maybe the manager had previous with the guys and knew they were pricks?
The more local you take stories like these then the more transparent they become.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I fail to see what the manager was trying to accomplish.

My guess is actual returns on the property and business taxes they pay every year that fund the service of police being available to oust asshats who are trespassing.

From a business standpoint...unless the guests are acting poorly or expressing poor hygeine, there isn't any reason to drive them out. Starbucks doesn't make money from folks sitting down to drink coffee...they make money selling cups of coffee. Seat not really required.

Im not going to speculate on why the manager chose the route they chose. But were it me, there would have to be something significant driving my decision. Cops are your place is not what a service business wants.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

See. You said non-black. Where in my statement did I mention race? I did not. This is NOT a racial issue. If you want to make it a racial issue it is but this is simply 2 adult males who were asked to leave and did not.

People of ALL races are asked to leave Starbucks. I have seen it happen myself. People will go into Starbucks and used it as a private office with the wi-fi and nice chairs. Most post limits for how long you can have a table. Is that 'racist' also?

Now, I DID post a video of a jackass going into a Starbucks asking for reparations but it is not my fault he sees color as a hindrance. He was taught that by his family and parents not society. Sorry, I turn on the TV and see lots of non-white people making plenty of money and not racial biased programming. Not in music. Not in movies.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

unless the guests are acting poorly or expressing poor hygeine, there isn't any reason to drive them out.

Guest:

a : a person entertained in one's house
b : a person to whom hospitality is extended
c : a person who pays for the services of an establishment (such as a hotel or restaurant)

www.merriam-webster.com...

I realize your background is in business and, particularly, the business of service industry while my background is pretty far from that. So I defer to you on the business side of this, maybe it was a bad business decision by Starbucks to involve the police. That said, even the verbiage being used reeks of BS in these type of situations... By definition, the individuals asked to leave were by no means "guests." They were paying for no service, and at the instant they were instructed by management to leave any implied hospitality was no longer extended. They were not guests, they were trespassers. In the current environment of entitlement and protected classes abusing that protection as a shield by which to excuse piss poor behavior, I can't find much fault with the logic used to bring the police into the situation. The manager was most likely (and rightly) concerned that the trespassers would escalate the situation and they'd be left with a ransacked storefront, assaulted staff and/or actual paying guests, or worse.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hey look..it is Philly again..When keeping it real goes wrong....

www.liveleak.com...

Or these idiots...
www.liveleak.com...

Whole lotta of people NOT working is what I see....entitlement mentality while blaming 'white privilege'. There are 2x as many poor white people in the US than poor blacks. it is not exclusive to be poor. Enough with the blaming someone else for your failures. It is a cancer to our society...

78 people murdered in Philly this year...where are the protests and marches in the drug infested streets?
edit on Aprpm30pmf0000002018-04-18T16:20:41-05:000441 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Vast majority of most crimes are committed by a person of the same race as the victim, Bureau of Justice Statistics reports.
www.bjs.gov...

Yes and I / we know about Chicago.

That is irrelevant. Yes, most violent crime is committed intraracial because people usually kill someone they know. However, the issue is the rate of violence within the community. More than half the murders in the US are committed within a community that is only 13% of the population.

I just point out Chicago because that is where I am. However, those statistics are replicated all over the US in major cities. Baltimore. Philly. NYC. Atlanta. LA.

Your ability to deny reality and facts is quite impressive....

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

And You missed the point, if the majority of crimes is done with in the same group, then what's the drive behind the irrational fear of blks, ..is it not media movies etc, shows like Cops and the first 48??, and you have never seen me wrote crime is not a thing in "poor" black communities,

Right now .many in some white communities is having a rough time with heroine, and meth , some is calling an epidemic along with the crimes associated with it, but it's generally treated as an health issue which it should , rather than a criminal issue and people of low moral character, save for one sheriff and the president who want to kill them, how different it was , from the 80ts issue of crack coc aine which affected largely blk and poor communities ..

it is the lazy criminalization of Blk black folks that will get black folks killed, like the 14 yr old who missed his school bus, didn't have his phone, lost his way to school , knocked on a house for direction, that had a sign, that said neighborhood watch which to him indicate safety,and trust worthiness, but was shot at by the home owner.

Last yr something similar happened where a teenage girl who lost her way was shot through the door when she knocked looking for help.

Just recently in a thread here on ATS that I read but didn't participate in, someone recounted a story of a black dude apparently named Tyrone knocked on his door with some questionnaire , the majority of opinion was he should have been shot.

Now howso if according to stats one is more likely to be killed by someone who looked like you than Tyrone.
edit on 18-4-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I dont disagree with the theory. But it being a right doesnt make it right.

In Texas we can throw an AR15 over our shoulder and go for a stroll. Its legal to carry a rifle.

But i wouldnt do it outside an outdoor venue jason aldean was playing.

Fwiw..."guest" is just a term for a nonemployee, nonvendor.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: testingtesting

Men overwhelmingly commit most violent and sexual crime in our society though mate.
That is a tragic fact.
...I've had a few crazy cats in my time so I get what you're saying though.

That's Is statistically correct however it's similar to driving stats, as in men have more accidents than women do but that has a lot to do with men drive aggressively, do burn outs and screw around behind the wheel. Now I'm in danger here so I need to word this carefully but stats don't always tell the whole story. As an example with violence if a man goes to the police and tries to report a violent crime by his girlfriend 9 out of ten times will be laughed out of the police station by the cops, they will say stuff like "scared are you big boy " or " man up you pussy ".... It's very difficult for a man to prove he is a victim of domestic violence from the hands of a woman.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree on not packing an AR at a Jason Aldean concert... the temptation would just be too great. Seriously though, I get what you're saying but I think it entirely depends on which direction you're looking at it from. Small town southwest? You likely know most of the folks who come and go from the local coffee spots, thus you'd not involve the police. Philly? I'd be shocked if the baristas recognize even 5% of the people who walk through the door on any given day.

On the flip side of all of that is that I have no clue what the neighborhood demographics around the Starbucks in question is. I know here in Anchorage they tend to be more patient with transients and loiterers in the downtown and midtown coffee shops. It is one of the reasons I never go into those shops and will grab a coffee from either a drive through stand or gas station if I'm in that part of town. The Starbucks I go to is out in a sparsely developed small commercial part of town that mostly has a few big box stores and a couple of small restaurants around it, never seen a single homeless person around the area and during the summer, when tourists park overnight in the big box parking lots, they put up a "restrooms are for customers only" sign on the door. I've been there enough that in the time it takes me to walk the 15 yards from my truck to the front door and then to the counter they already have my trenta iced tea (no water no sweet) made and waiting for me. I could probably go sit there without ordering anything and they'd say nothing about it, but that's because they know I'm a long time customer who is in there buying drinks 4 or 5 days a week.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

And You missed the point, if the majority of crimes is done with in the same group, then what's the drive behind the irrational fear of blks, ..is it not media movies etc, shows like Cops and the first 48??, and you have never seen me wrote crime is not a thing in "poor" black communities,

Right now .many in some white communities is having a rough time with heroine, and meth , some is calling an epidemic along with the crimes associated with it, but it's generally treated as an health issue which it should , rather than a criminal issue and people of low moral character, save for one sheriff and the president who want to kill them, how different it was , from the 80ts issue of crack coc aine which affected largely blk and poor communities ..

it is the lazy criminalization of Blk black folks that will get black folks killed, like the 14 yr old who missed his school bus, didn't have his phone, lost his way to school , knocked on a house for direction, that had a sign, that said neighborhood watch which to him indicate safety,and trust worthiness, but was shot at by the home owner.

Last yr something similar happened where a teenage girl who lost her way was shot through the door when she knocked looking for help.

Just recently in a thread here on ATS that I read but didn't participate in, someone recounted a story of a black dude apparently named Tyrone knocked on his door with some questionnaire , the majority of opinion was he should have been shot.

Now howso if according to stats one is more likely to be killed by someone who looked like you than Tyrone.

I actually don't disagree with you to a point. People generally do have an irrational fear about crime (I've pointed this out in gun control debates but that is a different topic). However, you still cannot ignore the rates of crime being committed by a population and how it drives perception of that population. In addition, there is still a far higher likelihood of black on white crime than white on black.

Homicides are but one aspect of violent crime. You also have rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, etc.

Just a quick look at some FBI stats breaking out crime by race of victim and offender for Homicide from 2015...

FBI Expanded Homicide Table

There were 3,167 whites murdered. 2,664 blacks murdered. For whites, the offender was white in 2574 cases. For blacks, the offender was black in 2,380 of the cases. However, the key stat is that for whites, 500 of the offenders were black whereas among blacks, only 229 of the offenders where white. The main thing to keep in mind is POPULATION though. Remember, we as blacks are only make up 13% of the population vs non-hispanic whites are 62% of the population.

In other words, white folks are twice as likely to be killed by blacks even though blacks are barely 10% of the population. On the other hand, blacks are half as likely to be killed by whites even though whites are the vast majority of the population.

We haven't even gotten into the other crimes such as rape, robbery, etc.

Again, the perception is reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join