It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Offengers . . . . The Starbucks War

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

While I have never spent time in a starbucks, this skinny white guy has been told at other establishments to buy something or leave...and I bought something or left.

Now its possible I missed something, haven't read to much on this story but unless something pretty serious occurred all the people saying it was racial based are talking out there butts.
Unless there is a history that has not been reported of this manager targeting black people.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1337Kph

originally posted by: Spider879
And I promise you, that a problem would not even occurred if they were White

Oh really? So I suppose you have a list of white people using restrooms on SB and can cite names at will? Go on I'm listening.

If they weren't black, this whole ordeal wouldn't even get far on twitter, let alone an entire company shutting down for "training day" (LOL).

You, also, would have no interest in this story if they weren't black. I don't need to promise you that, I already know it.

Yes really !!!..like those folks in that same Starbucks or maybe u chose not to hear them..

But you know me like that ..lol
do I need to repost many such incidence of not only Starbucks but other establishments as well..ooh I did and guess what?? Some folks here turned it on it's head and still blamed Black folks for the misdeeds of others rather than the individual and favours group penalties.

What's funniest?? They will claim individuality when a white person or persons does some thing monstrous, then all of a sudden.. Hey!! don't u dare lump me in with those assholes. only in this context, content of character matters not one of color.
edit on 18-4-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Now its possible I missed something, haven't read to much on this story but unless something pretty serious occurred all the people saying it was racial based are talking out there butts. 

In the grand scheme of AA social and economic life, it ain't that serious, no lost of life etc, AAs lived through worst,can't say it's not a drain one's state of being tho.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The simple fact...calling the police to your establishment does not help your image. Unless you are currying favor with people who are going to cheer that kind of thing on. Where im from....its a bit of a black eye to have emergency services at your place.

I fail to see what the manager was trying to accomplish.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: DBCowboy

I remember when Starbucks still had cozy brown velvet chairs for people to sink into and read a good book. Now the stores are all sanitized with goofy cds promoting the latest do gooder Ct$&. And the prices outrageous as always. They are getting their come uppance for trashing Trump in their stores. Let the people protest.

This is now about Trump?

Really?
Well they did put that picture of Trump on the FLOOR of their stores a while back if you recall. They quite literally trampled him. Starbucks is a clearly liberal establishment and I've noticed their cute little ways they promote do Goodism over the years. I used to buy all my coffee there but now I get LaVazza Italian or the local grocery store brand.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Reality isn't politically correct. While it sucks that innocent people get caught up in it, let's not pretend that there isn't a reason why someone would raise an eyebrow at two black males loitering.

Besides being over represented in crime statistic, there's a whole culture of "thuggery" where it's cool to be a criminal. So I suggest we take off our rose tinted glasses.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Text

originally posted by: Aegeus
Reality isn't politically correct. While it sucks that innocent people get caught up in it, let's not pretend that there isn't a reason why someone would raise an eyebrow at two black males loitering.

Besides being over represented in crime statistic, there's a whole culture of "thuggery" where it's cool to be a criminal. So I suggest we take off our rose tinted glasses.

And lets not pretend that Blk folks are the only ones committing minor crimes, unless you are using "Thug" as a euphemism for blk males, then "Thug" is not a blk thing anymore than it can be applied to white males, and no!! It's no more connected to hiphop than most other form of cultural expression, white folks and blk folks commit crimes at about the same rate,but who get punished more and longer sentences differs.

Black men sentenced to more time for committing the exact same crime as a white person, study finds

www.washingtonpost.com... dy-finds/

And yes I know about...well Chicago.

And then there is this.

White gangs are less covered by the media, and less punished – even though 53% of gang members in Mississippi are white

by Donna Ladd

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Look at this #.....

www.theamericanmirror.com...

So, is this ok? I wish I was the manager there I would have kicked his ass out.....great to show the young man with him how to act.

"Free Free free...this is how we do...black live matter..."

edit on Apram30amf0000002018-04-18T11:21:53-05:001153 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Look at you, you can't even write "black". And yes, "thuggery" is a predominantly black thing with entire communities subscribing to the belief. And of course there are white gangs, but again those numbers pale in comparison nation wide compared to black gangs. You can cherry pick, but the extremely overwhelming numbers fall on blacks and black gangs.

Secondly, blacks commit more crime than anyone. The PC excuse that whites do it too falls flat. Look at the populace, whites of course do more crime but that's because they're still the majority. Yet nearly every black person is, or has in their family, someone who has been to or is in prison for a crime. If blacks were on the same level population wise as to whites, these numbers that indicate blacks commit more crime still hold true unfortunately.

I've spent almost two decades across Europe. Who do you think are being locked up and taking up more and more space in prison? Immigrants, specifically black immigrants. (This is doubly so in the U.K.) And these are overly politically correct societies that have bent over backwards to accommodate these immigrants. Yet, despite that the crime statistics in these country's are sky rocketing in correlation with immigration.

I'm sorry, but the bottom line is blacks as a whole world wide are more prone to criminality than any other race.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Text

originally posted by: Aegeus

And lets not pretend that Blk folks are the only ones committing minor crimes, unless you are using "Thug" as a euphemism for blk males, then "Thug" is not a blk thing anymore than it can be applied to white males, and no!! It's no more connected to hiphop than most other form of cultural expression, white folks and blk folks commit crimes at about the same rate,but who get punished more and longer sentences differs.

Black men sentenced to more time for committing the exact same crime as a white person, study finds

www.washingtonpost.com... dy-finds/

And yes I know about...well Chicago.

And then there is this.

White gangs are less covered by the media, and less punished – even though 53% of gang members in Mississippi are white

by Donna Ladd

www.theguardian.com...

The sentencing disparity doesn't exist when you factor in the defendants prior record.... more progressive propaganda and manipulation of data to convince the uninformed much like the gender gap BS.

yes, there are white gangs... you may be a little young, but go look up a documentary called Banging in Little Rock. It chronicles gangs in Little Rock, AR. Most of the gang members featured are lily white. Shooting AKs out in corn fields. So while there are white gang members, we still can't get away from the fact they are largely IMITATING BLACK GANGS which totally invalidates your point.

The reality is that the black community has accepted and even to some degree encouraged in the mainstream a thug sub culture and dysfunction. We cannot then act surprised when those of us who aren't about "that life" find ourselves still treated as such.
edit on 18-4-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

Nothing racist about this post. Nope. Nothing at all.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Are facts racist? They may be harsh and there should be upward mobility for all but they are facts. In the Starbucks case the the people crying racism are doing it for effect. Division. Starbucks is not racist. Overpriced yes,
but c'mon....

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Okay, here’s another “fact” for you. Men commit the vast majority of violent sexual assaults against women. Men, therefore, are a big problem for me. I guess as a woman, I should demand that men not be allowed in parking garages, elevators, jogging trails, or anywhere I might be stuck alone with one of them.

Am I a misandrist, or just reciting facts?
edit on 18-4-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

No. But you are smart if you don't allow yourself to be caught alone with someone that makes you uneasy.

Im the kind of dude that chicks don't want to be alone with. Over this past weekend I was in an elevator with an older attractive redhead woman. You could cut the tension with a knife, even right down the monosyllabic answer I got to a couple of casual comments ("Man, these elevators move slow", for example).

I didn't think her a misandrist. Although I don't appreciate being prejudged. I certainly wasn't hitting on her...she'd need to add at least 100lbs (along with me not being married) for that to happen.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I'm a man and I agree with you. If I was a woman I'd feel more concerned if I was in a shady multi story car park and there was only men mooching about. The overwhelming majority of murderers and sex attackers in my country are men. I'm glad I was born male.
The majority of recent child exploitation gang cases in the UK have been of Pakistani origin.
The majority of young people stabbing each other to death in London this year are black.
The majority of people in recent years killing in the name of religion in the UK are Islamic.
All facts, facts are not bigoted or racist.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

But how would you feel about being told you’re not allowed in the elevator where women might be? Or on a jogging trail? Or in a parking garage? All because your “maleness” makes women feel unsafe?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: matafuchs

Okay, here’s another “fact” for you. Men commit the vast majority of violent sexual assaults against women. Men, therefore, are a big problem for me. I guess as a woman, I should demand that men not be allowed in parking garages, elevators, jogging trails, or anywhere I might be stuck alone with one of them.

Am I a misandrist, or just reciting facts?

No, but if you are smart you'd be aware of your surroundings and evaluating individuals based on the cues they give off. The reality is we don't have time to conduct an indepth interview with every person we see on the street. Therefore, we rely on stereotypes and prejudge until we are in a position to go into more detail to either confirm or change our opinion.

I live in a wealthy, but diverse area. I also live near one of the worst neighborhoods in Chicago. I can easily tell with about a 90% accuracy if someone is a neighbor or resident of my community based on how they dress and carry themselves. Yes, there are instances where I may be wrong, but when my safety is at stake, I don't care if I piss someone off.

I am a black guy. However, if I see youngish black males walking down my street with their pants around their knees, loudly cursing, tattoos on their neck, etc I can usually correctly surmise "they ain't from around here." On the same token, we have a lot of white meth / heroin addicts. I can usually pick them out of the crowd too.

The point is if you emulate certain behaviors to be cool, you are also going to be treated that way.

Again, what gets glossed over in this debate is that the black community has accepted a certain level of crime within our community and other dysfunctional behaviors as normal. So we can't get upset when people just assume those behaviors apply to all of us. We can't on one hand glorify thug behavior but then get mad when we get treated like a thug.
edit on 18-4-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

But how would you feel about being told you’re not allowed in the elevator where women might be? Or on a jogging trail? Or in a parking garage? All because your “maleness” makes women feel unsafe?

There aren't rules posted anywhere...but the social pressure to do just this is absolutely present.

That being said, i am not arguing with you. I hate bigots and cannot tolerate discrimination. You'll not find me champion either detestable behavior.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Sorry to answer a question not directed at me, just wanted to share my own thoughts.
I would worry more about the safety of women on a female only running trail, where are the good men then to defend them from the bad men.
I saved a girl who was about to be raped once, I couldn't catch the guy but I was just happy my presence and reaction stopped him. I always look back wishing I hadn't shouted as I ran towards them because I could have got there before he'd got her jeans off...always regret that...my 'reasonable force' argument would have been weak at best.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

Look at you, you can't even write "black". And yes, "thuggery" is a predominantly black thing with entire communities subscribing to the belief. And of course there are white gangs, but again those numbers pale in comparison nation wide compared to black gangs. You can cherry pick, but the extremely overwhelming numbers fall on blacks and black gangs. 

You shout P.C as a non sequitur all you want but will not distract from what I wrote, backed up by formal studies, which is blk ppl and wht ppl commit crimes at the same rate.
Although Blk and latino males are got frisked at a higher rate, white males are more likely carrying contraband.

new study analyzing traffic stops in Vermont shows that black and Hispanic drivers are pulled over, searched and arrested far more often than whites, yet white drivers are more likely to be carrying illegal contraband.
phys.org...

And if you are gonna go Blk crime world wide then, don't because then i'll go wht crimes in the not so deep past.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join