It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Offengers . . . . The Starbucks War

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Shhh, let the proggies eat their own.

The ones I actually feel sorry for are the nice gals who work at the grocery store Starbucks who give me coffee on Sunday. They're never anything less than friendly to everyone, and I've seen everyone of all colors and creeds buy from them.

They'll now have to sit through this stupid sensitivity training thing that corporate has decided all Starbucks has to do because they had a couple managers get tough.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Woah! Dbl pst and I only posted once.
edit on 17-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

They caved big time.....

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
www.cnbc.com...

They caved big time.....

Pathetic...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Lol, I'll be sure to have an over-priced coffee at the Starbucks in town on the day all the US stores close.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Even if some people are protesting the wrong actor in the scenario (Starbucks over the police), how can you compare the unlawful arrest of two men who haven’t done anything illegal to a grocery store running out of produce?

It's what he does, Beezer has been adding his spin on ATS from several accounts over the years. Nothing but dramatic deflections with the intent of appearing benevolent and sincere but it's all an act.

Put a bucket of # in front of Beezer, he will stir it up.

Hi Beez.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: matafuchs

Lol, I'll be sure to have an over-priced coffee at the Starbucks in town on the day all the US stores close.

NO! That's when we organize a movement who decides that's when we want it and then we protest because we can't have it! So we then picket Starbucks for being insensitive to the needs of their caffeine addicted customers.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Blinkin 'eck, I'll make a sign!
...after enjoying my overpriced coffee

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Don’t forget about us Mexicans !! We do not make any headlines when we get shot or mistreated or hated on anymore.
But if you are black , OMG!!! Stop the presses !!!!
I guess the votes the Pols get from the African American community are worth more than Latinos and White people. For now ..... from the a reply to: Asktheanimals

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Oh I have been trying SO HARD to stay out of this conversation....but I cannot because of your response. I had a seizure in public. I won't go into too much detail because I have yet to hear from the court, (and since it has been 6 months since the arrest, I may not. It was pretty embarrassing for ALL involved). ANYHOOOOOO....
If you are not a neurologist or familiar with ALL the different kinds of seizures, the kind of seizures I have might just seems like I am either insane, drunk, on drugs or a little bit of all the before mentioned.....I do not recall a single thing about my arrest. During the arrest, I kicked a LE in the head. (I was told all of this later by a witness) I was charged with several felonies. When I asked one of the witnesses about the arrest and was incensed that I was so violently arrested, (this person had NO idea I was an epileptic) He said, "yeah, but you weren't following the deputiy's instructions. You deserved to be hog tied. You resisted arrest!!!!"
Not everybody can follow a LE orders.......some people cannot even understand what is being told to them. During the entire encounter with the deputy, (and then deputies...) my eyes were open. I was talking CRAZY things....and had these offers been TRULY observant...they would have understood that something was wrong.....
I am NOT defending the actions of these men in this Starbucks situation, because after watching the video multiple times, I believe it is set up for political reasons....to make a point. The should have left when the police were called. All they had to do was buy a water. I have been asked, at a Starbucks, to purchase something to use the bathroom. It would have been a simple fix. I PROMISE you, had a white man been arrested for trespassing, the CEO of Starbucks would not be apologizing and the man would still be facing charges.....

not attacking you in any way, I hope you know.....just trying to make a point that not everyone CAN comply with instructions given by a LEO.....and not everyone should be charged for not complying........(or BEATEN...or put in 4 point restraints like I was....)a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden
These two men also stated that they were waiting for someone and wanted to use the restroom.
The store evidently has a policy, as many do, that you must buy something in order to use the facilities.
This is the same Starbucks that denied a Phila Police Officer the use of their restroom just a little while ago.
My question would be, did the person these to men said they were waiting for ever show up? Or was that just the story they told?
IMHO these two guys knew about the policy at the store, the policemen story was all over the newspapers, and went there to cause exactly what happened.
Looking for a payout from Starbucks and they will more then likely get. I would like to see if they are connected to
any of the protesting groups. My guess is they are!

One of the stories I saw showed someone with a bullhorn harassing a worker at the store.
Who bought the bullhorns?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
www.cnbc.com...

They caved big time.....

Good response , sometimes the Navy shut bases down to have training after one too many mishaps.
A number of individuals can cause major problems for a company.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

. I PROMISE you, had a white man been arrested for trespassing, the CEO of Starbucks would not be apologizing and the man would still be facing charges..... 

And I promise you, that a problem would not even occurred if they were White, which is exactly what many of the the white patrons said , that they did the same thing and no one ever had a problem with them, which to me seemed like it's the culture of the place.

This part not directed at you...some are stating that this was a set up, how so when they were they were meeting a business partner over real estate investment, some of you ppl just can't help yourselves ramping up the "thug" scenario.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Really curious what people think about what the Police Commissioner said about the incident and why they were arrested. I'd guess most have not seen his response or the facts pointed out...

but racism...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

In a post fact world....fact post event don't matter.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

And I promise you, that a problem would not even occurred if they were White

No, the problem wouldn't have occurred had they simply bought a small coffee as requested by the store and STFU.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
if it is in fact starbucks store policy to not allow non paying people tables or access to the bathroom and they were asked to leave if they were not purchasing anything then i see nothing wrong with them being arrested for trespass. this will open the door to all kinds of drama at starbucks i can see it now groups of all kinds of undesirables loitering inside starbucks when they have nowhere else to go. if this happens starbucks sales will plummet and they will be out of business quickly. i do not understand why starbucks is not explaining its policy and standing by its employees decision to call the police.

i think people are getting upset because they see a double standard of enforcing of the rules based on color. i can see where that would be cause for protest but only of that individual store unless it seemed to be a problem throughout the franchise like cracker barrel or dennys, but i have not been aware of this problem occurring at starbucks nationwide.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Just another step to making coffee great again!!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
if it is in fact starbucks store policy to not allow non paying people tables or access to the bathroom and they were asked to leave if they were not purchasing anything then i see nothing wrong with them being arrested for trespass. this will open the door to all kinds of drama at starbucks i can see it now groups of all kinds of undesirables loitering inside starbucks when they have nowhere else to go. if this happens starbucks sales will plummet and they will be out of business quickly. i do not understand why starbucks is not explaining its policy and standing by its employees decision to call the police.

i think people are getting upset because they see a double standard of enforcing of the rules based on color. i can see where that would be cause for protest but only of that individual store unless it seemed to be a problem throughout the franchise like cracker barrel or dennys, but i have not been aware of this problem occurring at starbucks nationwide.

Policies like that are sporadically enforced. It probably depends on the location.

At a lot of urban restaurants, bathrooms are often locked because the homeless/drug addicts like to go in a shoot up. Typically, you will need to ask for a key or code to the bathroom at the register. Most of these places have signs up that specifically note that bathrooms are for customers only. With that said, most times stores don't seem to make a big deal out of it if you are clearly not a bum.

However, I've been in stores that have enforced the rules and like most civilized folks, I buy something. One time I walked out of a store because they wouldn't let me use the bathroom even though I was buying something. It was a small restaurant and they didn't have a public restroom (had to go back in the kitchen to get to it). So I chose to take my biz elsewhere. Their policy... not a big deal although I am sure they've let others use the restroom.

I've rarely see anyone in a Starbucks that had not bought something at some point. I've nursed a cup of coffee for like two hours before... I've never seen a group of people just camped out with no intentions of making a purchase. Starbucks may be a meeting place, but it is implied that you need to purchase something. It isn't a public library.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
And I promise you, that a problem would not even occurred if they were White

Oh really? So I suppose you have a list of white people using restrooms on SB and can cite names at will? Go on I'm listening.

If they weren't black, this whole ordeal wouldn't even get far on twitter, let alone an entire company shutting down for "training day" (LOL).

You, also, would have no interest in this story if they weren't black. I don't need to promise you that, I already know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join