It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Offengers . . . . The Starbucks War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Black men's arrest at Philadelphia Starbucks prompts city probes amid national outcry

www.philly.com...

Two black men were arrested waiting at a Starbucks. Now the company, police are on the defensive.

www.washingtonpost.com... ive/?utm_term=.7c0257305083

Drama, drama, drama.

Look, what Starbucks did was really crappy. But it was just one store, one manager. This isn't a growing trend at all Starbucks to randomly arrest black men.

But now people are losing their minds over it.

People are planning boycotts of all Starbucks.

247wallst.com...

finance.yahoo.com...

www.dumpstarbucks.com...

I don't even like Starbucks. I don't even drink coffee. I drink tea and I won't pay 10 bucks for a nice cuppa.

People need to calm the # down, in my opinion.

Sure, people have a right to protest, I'm not against that.

But this is getting ridiculous.

I wonder what the next outrage will be about. If Whole Foods runs out of kale?

People are getting stupid.

In my humble opinion.
edit on 15-4-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I like that one girls tweet:

The police were called becase these men hadn't ordered anything. They were waiting for a friend to show up, who did as they were taken out in handcuffs for doing nothing. All the other white pple are wondering why it's never happened to us when we do the same thing.

That's pretty darn ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Madness

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I wonder what the next outrage will be about. If Whole Foods runs out of kale?.

What an absurd comparison to make.

edit on 4/15/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Where will you be marching?

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Where will you be marching?

Where will you? Wrongful arrests and abuse of power by police go against the land of the free don’t they?

Even if some people are protesting the wrong actor in the scenario (Starbucks over the police), how can you compare the unlawful arrest of two men who haven’t done anything illegal to a grocery store running out of produce?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

It's disproportionate outrage.

I'm sure the manager has been written up or fired.

The police are apologizing.

Jesus! What more do you want???

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

What abuse?

Regardless as to whether you think it's morally correct or not it is the stores legal right to have anyone removed from the premises that refuses to leave for any reason it's called trespassing and it is against the law if the police showed up and again Ask the people to leave and they refuse it's their responsibility to arrest them doesn't matter who it is or why they're being asked to leave.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
They had WMDs and Gas, bomb them to smitherenes
Putin plants to show the US how ...

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Offengers LOL. Good one. Right up there with Offendicons (see "TRANSformers" video).

Oh my. Progressives screaming "boycott Starbucks" is like Christians screaming "kill God"!

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I had a hot chocolate at a Starbucks once during the winter of ‘97. I have been boycotting them ever since for charging me $5 for a friggin hot chocolate. Not to mention I asked for a large and they started spouting all kinds of bull crap about their pretentious size names. Seriously, screw that place.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
For such a free speech advocate as you claim to be, DBC, you sure get your panties in a twist over people exercising their right to protest.
Yet another race-baiting thread for the mud pit, about as much as expected of you.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is awesome. If they find a way to criminalize starbucks for this, the notion of controlling what happens on private property will go right out the window. Can you imagine what will happen in california with the homeless? They will be able to enter any private establishment open to the public during normal operating hours and they will be unable to remove them on the grounds they aren't a paying customer.

The precedent this sets will provide much entertainment for years to come.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

finna get paid!!!

HOLLA

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
For such a free speech advocate as you claim to be, DBC, you sure get your panties in a twist over people exercising their right to protest.
Yet another race-baiting thread for the mud pit, about as much as expected of you.

Race baiting?

How? Prove it or apologize.

And where did I state I want to censor anyone?

I get that leftists are only for speech that they desire. I'm for everyone (even me) having a right to speak their mind.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Betcha if they purchased something there never would've been any problem
lmao
edit on 4 15 2018 by TheShadow21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I remember when the Liberals get upset and cry about broken Starbucks windows, now that they can exploit this the hashtag activists want to Boycott Starbucks.

notice, they don't blame the police...

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

What abuse?

Regardless as to whether you think it's morally correct or not it is the stores legal right to have anyone removed from the premises that refuses to leave for any reason it's called trespassing and it is against the law if the police showed up and again Ask the people to leave and they refuse it's their responsibility to arrest them doesn't matter who it is or why they're being asked to leave.

Jaden

Seems to me "Assumed" was used - - - instead of a polite "Are you waiting for someone?".

I know that I have been asked before "Are you waiting for someone?" - - when I was just waiting for a while - - not ordering.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It's disproportionate outrage.

I'm sure the manager has been written up or fired.

The police are apologizing.

Jesus! What more do you want???

# like this to not be written off, “oh he’s been written up, everything’s alright then. I don’t see why anyone is protesting.”

You don’t have to protest with them, you don’t have to go raze your local Starbucks, but to be upset at the protesters? Absurd.
edit on 4/15/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
This is awesome. If they find a way to criminalize starbucks for this, the notion of controlling what happens on private property will go right out the window.

Many business have had an employee make a questionable decision about handling a customer.

Think - - IHOP - - Denny's

edit on 15-4-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join