It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK so I got back into Gaming.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Might get a old console to dump some emulators onto for the main reason of running ELITE on the BBC version, now there was a childhood spent working your way either taking it easy and looking for good trade routes or heading into plenty of fights, still got the original box in my parents loft with my old beeb but too many years probably have made it more something for a display case.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1337Kph
Sometimes I wish I could erase my memories so I could play all nostalgic Zelda games and Chrono Trigger for the first time again.

time.com...

www.samsung.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

The great thing about computers is that a lot of those old games like ff7 and crono trigger have been remastered with awesome graphics.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Funny, I was just looking at this thing just the other day

kotaku.com...

No school like old school gaming

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

I too played Elite back in the day. (Commodore 64 version) There is a new version out for PC and I believe some console (Xbox thingy or maybe PS). Elite Dangerous It's worth a look but, unfortunately, requires an internet connection even if you just play against the computer. It takes a while to get used to the new interface but it is worth it imho. FTL travel.

edit on 15/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Oh nice!

I challenge you and everyone else to an ATS Tecmo bowl tourney.

Im the Raiders though. Im Bo Jackson...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Dark souls remastered will be released next month, so it's a good time to enter the relaxing world of jolly cooperation that dark souls offers *praise the sun!!!*

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I just happen to have an Atari 7800 and several games in my
office.One of these days I need to try and hook it up and
see if it still works.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I recently purchased a classic SNES and Megadrive...boy those games were a lot easier when you were six years old.

I still remember the fourth pipe in Super Mario world 1-1, I still remember the white whistle in Mario 3...those were the days.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Tetris

Slapped it on my Nextbook and while playing it, my wife and son asked me to put it on their computers.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I recently got back into Diablo 2. I've put down my ps4 controller for about 4 weeks now due to this. Single player with the Plugy mod is amazing!

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disenchanted1

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Whew! Pretty GPU heavy...are you running dual Titans?

Can't. The Titans weren't in the league yet.
There is a 2019 version of tecmo bowl. It can be downloaded here. but you will still need the emulator to play it.

By another Niners fan. We just can't get enough.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Anyone?

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
www.samsung.com...

Wasn't this some sneaky QLED TV commercial?
edit on 16-4-2018 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

My friend, buy a Raspberry Pi and set up a retro console for yourself. You can either run it with a wireless PS3/PS4 or Xbox controller or hit Amazon for the various USB retro controllers if you simply must play Robotron with paddles. You can emulate pretty much everything up to N64 on one, with about half the N64 games being too choppy to be playable. Most PS1 games have worked fine for me, MAME arcade games work perfectly, Jaguar is the only pre-N64 system I haven't been able to successfully get anything working on but it's Jaguar so I'm not missing anything really. I cut my teeth on the NES, too young to have played much Atari, but I have all the ROMS and have played catch-up on the, for sure. Truth be told, however, since MAME runs arcade titles like Frogger, Burgertime, PacMan, Asteroids, Defender, etc from the late 70s and early 80s (along with most arcade titles through the 90s and even some early 2000s titles) you'd find yourself not even bothering to play the hits on Atari and firing up the much better graphics arcade editions more often than not.

It's a purchase you'd not regret, ever.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

Oh nice!

I challenge you and everyone else to an ATS Tecmo bowl tourney.

Im the Raiders though. Im Bo Jackson...

Cheatcode

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

My friend, buy a Raspberry Pi and set up a retro console for yourself. You can either run it with a wireless PS3/PS4 or Xbox controller or hit Amazon for the various USB retro controllers if you simply must play Robotron with paddles. You can emulate pretty much everything up to N64 on one, with about half the N64 games being too choppy to be playable. Most PS1 games have worked fine for me, MAME arcade games work perfectly, Jaguar is the only pre-N64 system I haven't been able to successfully get anything working on but it's Jaguar so I'm not missing anything really. I cut my teeth on the NES, too young to have played much Atari, but I have all the ROMS and have played catch-up on the, for sure. Truth be told, however, since MAME runs arcade titles like Frogger, Burgertime, PacMan, Asteroids, Defender, etc from the late 70s and early 80s (along with most arcade titles through the 90s and even some early 2000s titles) you'd find yourself not even bothering to play the hits on Atari and firing up the much better graphics arcade editions more often than not.

It's a purchase you'd not regret, ever.
Got me a Raspberry pi 3b and a nespi case. Love just swapping out sd cards for many thousands of games.
Got my own psx image built too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join