It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help learning specific words for use by military / government where society has collapsed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Hello guys...

I'm currently writing a feature script in which I'm trying to research correct usage of words surrounding very specific situations in society / the world. Reason I'm asking for US specifics if because the radio host in the script will specifically be mentioning the US as it seems it always falls back to how the US will handle any given situation. But here goes:

- Is there a word or a set of words for a situation where the congress is gone... as in wiped out incl. the president, and where the entire military capability of the US is put out of order. As in non-exisistant or fragmented so badly that you couldn't even communicate via morse?

As such I'm talking about BEYOND marshall law... there is no governing body or set of bodies. In best case military is counted in sporadic platoons here and there across hundreds of miles.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Hello guys...

I'm currently writing a feature script in which I'm trying to research correct usage of words surrounding very specific situations in society / the world. Reason I'm asking for US specifics if because the radio host in the script will specifically be mentioning the US as it seems it always falls back to how the US will handle any given situation. But here goes:

- Is there a word or a set of words for a situation where the congress is gone... as in wiped out incl. the president, and where the entire military capability of the US is put out of order. As in non-exisistant or fragmented so badly that you couldn't even communicate via morse?

As such I'm talking about BEYOND marshall law... there is no governing body or set of bodies. In best case military is counted in sporadic platoons here and there across hundreds of miles.

Rural and Texas.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
There is an old military term.... FUBAR. ####ed up beyond all recognition

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot!?
edit on 15-4-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot!?

Hotel
Libra
Foxtrot!

In laymens terms Holeef#

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

November
Mike

edit on 15-4-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

Well I've got one tip for you-DEFCON 5 is the lowest level of alertness-people often make that mistake.

I always thought that nonsensical military jargon was short for something, perhaps it's anagrams and maybe you can use that. For instance 'operation Trend theory'- could be a shorthand anagram for 'the end' or 'operation purple pear' could be rhyming slang for 'prepare.'

I don't know if that's how it works but it's a start.
edit on 15-4-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: flice
In new and unprecedented conditions, would not people create new jargon? That would be the way to go.
"Hey everybody, it's confirmed that we're in a state of BAX!" [Beyond All Known Situations]

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

1. SNAFU = Situation Normal, All Flucked Up.

2. Guzzolene - vehicle fuel.

3. The War Rig - weaponized vehicle from hell.

4. The Nightrider - an idiot who became wormfood because 'arrogant'

5. Lord Humungus - the ruler of the wasteland.

6. Wasteland - whats left of the planet once the Rothchild and Rockefeller families have finished raping it.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Let the BARW take care of it.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Who are you ? .... The feral kid ??

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
(To the OP) I see that most people are giving you either a short list at best of the terms you are looking to know.
Dictonary of United States Military Terms is a 219 page PDF file that may have the answers you are looking for.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

He may just be the RW.

for the record, RW does not mean romeo whisky.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Complete and total Anarchy is what you get when everything, rules, laws and society have ended and it is everyone for themselves.

At the point your talking about the only suitable word is anarchy, well aside from those neat other acronyms.

Talk about a Charlie-Foxtrot!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Game over man game over.
Pvt Hudson.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot!?

No , Tango Uniform

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
As an ex defence journalist (UK), I'd strongly advise that this is one of the scenarios you'd be wise to contact government and military about, if only to cover your back from accidentally compromising national security. In these areas, just because something is 'public domain' doesn't mean you won't be ordered to explain yourself to some pissed off guys at a military base ASAP under strict instructions not to tell anyone anything about it.

It's far more pleasant to be on friendly email communication terms or at least have the defence you contacted them to fall back on in scenarios like the above.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
1st Never ever mistake the term Marshal for Martial again
That is a bad start.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Prior art might include "Apocalypse now" from 1979?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Ahhh ! Love the smell of napalm in the mornin' ...

😎

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join