It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top LGBT-Rights Lawyer Commits Suicide by Igniting Himself in NYC.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Gone and next week forgotten = nothing gained

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
Didn't you read all the OP? Or was it just that you comprehend it?

Did you miss

[...] my early death by fossil fuel reflects what we are doing to ourselves
?

How hard is that to understand?

It all makes perfect sense now... thank you...

I'm just glad he wasn't PETA and drowned himself in chicken poo
edit on 15-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's sad how so many people are close to committing suicide, but never utter a word about it to anyone.

A friend's son committed suicide a couple of weeks ago. He was your normal kid. He was friendly, kind, the first to step up to the plate to offer help if an old lady needed it, and sometimes he would just help anyway, even if I didn't need it. Of all the kids I know, he was the last I would have thought possible of suicide.

Sometimes you just don't see it, even when it is right in your face. His death troubles me because I just can't believe that someone can be suicidal and show no signs. I didn't see him everyday, so there must have been things that were going on that I didn't see, but so many others said the say as me. We just didn't see any signs that anything was wrong.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It does seem as if some people suddenly "snap". Maybe your friend's son had no intention of killing himself right up to the day that he did so.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I'm the first to crack a joke, well, not in this thread
but I find it quite disturbing the jokes being made at the expense of this guy. He was an LGBT leader. I guess that makes him a target for our heartless hard right wingers here. Keep it up. It shows everyone what you're made of.

We're made of the same stuff the lawyer is. Mostly carbon... well... more so now in his case...

Guy went to school for 8 years to do highly valued work and goes on sets himself on fire, instead of continuing to practice and do pro bono work for causes he believes in. Thats asinine and he deserves to be mocked.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He could have dedicated his life to fighting for the environment. Planting trees, virtually anything more useful than lighting himself on fire. He just wanted out and used his suicide as a means of advertisement.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus
I just read an updated NYTimes article here: www.nytimes.com...

He helped a lot of people. David Buckel seemed to be a straight-shooter. Sad and wasteful ending for the poor guy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join