It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pride Parade Bans Drag Queens Over Fears They'll Offend Trans People

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

So you are bothered about the minutae of the policies of an *alternative* pride march in Glasgow and are all aroused and confusled about it.

You can always join the main pride march and i'm sure Glasgow has a wide range of clubs and bars where you can shake your booty on a skirt to your hearts content.

There is room for everyone, we accept you.

(post by murphy22 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Who stole my rainbows and put them on our crosswalks?

And who thought it was a good idea for everyone to trample on rainbows?

An American flag isn't painted on crosswalks. Because nobody wants to trample on the American flag. At least, not in America.

Is there a logo for straight people, or only for homosexuals?

I'm sure many of you are proud to be straight, so we should have a symbol of straight pride. And annual parades. And we should paint our crosswalks with the symbol of straight pride. And a catch phrase, like "Support the people who create all the babies for gay parents to adopt.' 'Thanks for confusing who the f##% I'm supposed to be, all my life!'

It's only getting more and more screwed up - years from now, we'll probably look back at today as the good old days

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Ok. So? What does a pride parade in Scotland -- which, by the way, is 3500+ miles away from me on an entirely different continent -- have to do with people living elsewhere again?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

It's almost as if you are a ranting maniac spouting the usual talking points and have no understanding of the subject whatsoever and no genuine will to change that.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
News of the near future...

'A woman reported to police that she is also the man that assaulted her, but couldn't report it until he was a woman again.

The man denies he assaulted himself, when he was a woman, because he identifies himself as a woman, who wasn't assaulted by his former gender identity as a man. The woman who was assaulted denies that, and said the woman was not her, it was him, posing as her.'

Is that what it's coming to?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Only if you are an idiot who like to invent improbable scenarios to meet their need for a fantastic alternative reality.

Why dont you just attend the main pride march and ignore this alternative, more niche option?

Dont you like individuality and letting people have choices about which performers they have on their floats?

Are you the float police?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This saddens me. The rainbow flag is supposed to be about unity and acceptance of all. Oh well. The parade won’t be as fun or as glamorous without them. Too bad

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Nothing 'free' about 'Free Pride Glasgow' is there! They seem to have dropped the 'Gay' and now the "Pride ' seems to be slipping away to.

I'm wondering the concerns expressed below also explain the current camoaign to ban the kilt as an item of national dress.

" It was felt by the group within the Trans/Non Binary Caucus that some drag performance, particularly cis drag, hinges on the social view of gender and making it into a joke, however transgender individuals do not feel as though their gender identity is a joke,"

www.dailywire.com... ign=dailywire.com&utm_term=68708&utm_content=1

Given the kilt can be interpreted as a skirt and is worn by mem, the replacement proposed of a "nice pair of beige slacks" seems reasonable.

Looks like Donalds found his trousers at last!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It's 3 year old news being brought as new! I don't know what the agenda is bringing this in the news again...

freeprideglasgow.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Or check their twitter account, It's a different event! Free Pride Glasgow 3 years back is not Pride Glasgow happening this year...

Pride Glasgow on Twitter

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies ,

... stars and hugs for everyone !

Just sayin' though ,
with the long struggle for acceptance ,
does not the divisions within the ranks take away
from the original message of tolerance ???

TOGA . TOGA . TOE GARRRRR !?!?!?!!?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy
Thanks for all the replies ,

... stars and hugs for everyone !

Just sayin' though ,
with the long struggle for acceptance ,
does not the divisions within the ranks take away
from the original message of tolerance ???

TOGA . TOGA . TOE GARRRRR !?!?!?!!?

Pride is about being tolerant? I thought it was about being able to show pride in yourself.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

To be honest with you Sir this news should be in the hoax bin as I have pointed out above. It's 3 years old a different event and didn't happen!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Only if you are an idiot who like to invent improbable scenarios to meet their need for a fantastic alternative reality.

Why dont you just attend the main pride march and ignore this alternative, more niche option?

Dont you like individuality and letting people have choices about which performers they have on their floats?

Are you the float police?

Individuality is not put on parade, it is personal.

I don't care what sexuality you are, or prefer, or whatever. You are what you choose, as am I.

What I don't believe in are parades to promote a sexual preference, or a sexual identity. It is a personal matter to be what you are, or if you are attracted to women or men, as a man or woman.

The pride parades are promoting someone's sexual preference, as some kind of grand celebration. I like the opposite sex, but I don't promote it in a parade. Imagine it. Men and women on floats, simulating copulation. Men grabbing a woman's breasts, because it's something to be proud of, and show people!

Why is a sexual preference painted on crosswalks? Why not paint 'Proud to be Straight' on crosswalks ? Same thing. I don;t feel the need to paint it on a crosswalk, though, so why should anyone think it's their right to paint rainbows on a crosswalk?

I don't want someone's sexual preference shoved in my face, and I wouldn't shove my sexual preference in someone else's face, either.

Same thing. Nothing different. Live your own life, don't parade it around the world.

It's not anti-gay, it's being respectful to others.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

There was never a ban on drag queens and kings attending Free Pride. There was a decision to not book any drag acts, which has been overturned. Free Pride now welcomes drag performers of all genders and gender identities.

Free Pride to Welcome Drag Performers

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You are painting "proud to be straight" on the internet. Perhaps follow your own advice and let them live their life. You don't have to attend the parade. They move so it'll soon be past you and you wont get hurt.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Let me take you down
Cause I going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moravec

To be honest with you Sir this news should be in the hoax bin as I have pointed out above. It's 3 years old a different event and didn't happen!

The link to the source has the date 11 April 2018
I did not take it to be 3 y.o .......

www.dailywire.com... ign=dailywire.com&utm_term=68708&utm_content=1

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Apparently if you have an opinion the Leftist playbook says to question the opinion holders sexuality instead of address the issue. The level of deflection by the usual suspects on this thread is hilarious.

That being said, I do agree with their premise to just ignore these mentally ill fools. They don’t affect our lives and aren’t worth our time.

Let them celebrate being sick bastards. It’s their right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join