It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Assad may be responsible for chemical attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tenbatsu
From the evidence I've seen since the outset of this conflict I believe that every chemical weapons attack in Syria was executed by the opposition forces in an attempt to draw western intervention. I'm going to counter your sources with these which paint the reality of the situation.

They are not my sources, they are sources someone presented in a debate with me. If you read that old discussion you'll see I countered those sources with several sources of my own showing how rebels have been behind many of the chemical attacks. I've been highly skeptical of the war in Syria since day one because I witnessed what happened in Libya and I could see the same thing was about to happen in Syria, they would try to paint Assad as a monster in order to justify western intervention and the destruction of his regime.

Look at my post history and you'll see I'm probably the last person you'd guess would create a thread like this. I still believe the rebels were behind most chemical attacks, especially the sarin attacks, however it's important not to become overly biased and think Assad could never use chemical weapons... if Assad feels he can do these things and get away with it because everyone blames the rebels then he will use that to his advantage. We must be very aware of that possibility and not let ourselves be manipulated by either side.
edit on 15/4/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Time to go back to the basic data

Who benefits the most from perpetual conflict in the ME and especially the area known as "Syria" in today's "economy"?

There are 2 who most benefit

Hint: not Israel

Hint: both are Nations

Hint: not U.S.

😉😮🙂

Russia and Iran?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Dont forget..!

edit on 15-4-2018 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

if Assad feels he can do these things and get away with it because everyone blames the rebels then he will use that to his advantage. We must be very aware of that possibility and not let ourselves be manipulated by either side.

Although you OP is a possibility I think it unlikely for this reason. The timing of the incident. Assad had virtualy won the war. ISIS had been decimated and the US had stated it was just about to pull out. No better way to troll the world with a chemical attack and bring about international condemnation and air strikes,

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It was obviously a false flag! You have to look at the reasons why this conflict started in the first place. Yes, the west is powerful. The west has mainstream media behind it, but you just have to look at the last few decades to see how the west has gotten away with some truely horrific stuff. But we are taught, or vonditioned to firget about that, or told it was done for the good of the western People, which is absolute rubbish!

In the ladt few decades, the west has been responsible for thousands of deaths, men women and children. We have been responsible for arming some truely horrific groups, including chemical weapons,so we can get what we want.

Syria is the same story. We have been fed another lie to justify the horrors we do!

All this because Assad said know to Qatar running a pipeline through Syria into the West. If Assad said yes, then we would not have to rely on Russia. But of course Assad said no because Syria and Russia are allies.

And now Assad is paying for it, and now Russia is paying for winning the fight against the rebels in Syria. These rebels! These horrible people we are arming!

So we have mainstream media b.s., which 90% of the population in the west fall for. We have these pethetic false flags to make Assad and Russia the new monsters we have to defeat.

But the ironic thing, is that the West are the real monsters here. It is plain to see!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: njord

originally posted by: xuenchen
Time to go back to the basic data

Who benefits the most from perpetual conflict in the ME and especially the area known as "Syria" in today's "economy"?

There are 2 who most benefit

Hint: not Israel

Hint: both are Nations

Hint: not U.S.

Russia and Iran?

😉

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Because the targets were destroyed one might ask if releasing chemicals might not be a good idea . But there seems to be no trace of chemicals at these places . Its like the WMD's they knew were there but could not find . The story keeps getting less and less likely to have even a smidgen of truth to it . southfront.org... "US-LED STRIKE ON SYRIA: MOST OF MISSILES SPENT ON EMPTY TARGET. OPCW REPORT SAYS NO CHEMICAL WEAPONS THERE "

Considering that the US-led bloc spent 76 missiles of 105 on Barzah Research and Development Center, the center should be some major chemical weapons production and storage facility. A quote from the Pentagon’s briefing (source): Q: General McKenzie, the three targets that you struck, were those manufacturing or researching chlorine or sarin? GEN. MCKENZIE: A little of both. And particularly in the Barzeh target, but there’s a little of both. So, the Pentagon says that the Barzeh facility has recently (prior to the strike) been used by the Assad government to manufacture and research chlorine and sarin. There is a problem. The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) conducted a round of inspections in Barzeh and fouund no chemical weapons there (source):

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Why would there be chemical weapons there if Syria destroyed their chemical weapon stockpiles. Even if it did store chemicals I doubt there was any chlorine because they don't need to keep chlorine hidden, it's used in pools and all sorts of things. I also highly doubt there would have been any sarin stored there because Assad knows if he gets caught storing or manufacturing that stuff he'll be in big trouble. The missile strike was clearly just to appease the war mongers like the previous missile strike, however I can understand why Trump did it.
edit on 15/4/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

This missile exercise may have only been done to help move the Russian Russian narrative further down the road as the US is gearing up for new sanctions because Russia supports Syria . " US THREATENS RUSSIA WITH NEW WAVE OF SANCTIONS OVER SUPPORT OF SYRIAN GOVERNMENT" southfront.org...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join