It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF's Tornado base in Cyprus fears retribution from Russia for Syria airstrikes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Russia is hardly likely to bomb an RAF base as that would mean war and the UK is a nuclear power.
I believe HMS Duncan is in the area too so even if they tried they wouldn't get anywhere near.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

If they fear retribution, then why on earth did they carry out the Syria airstrikes???

They should have thought of that before they made the strikes, they do understand that don't they? Surely they can understand that 2 + 2 + 4 ..... or can they?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This is an opinion of the writer seems even says things at the base are casual. Truths the UK would have every right to destroy the Russian naval base. And Russia knows they could do it so would never be stupid enough to attack a British base.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: namehere
Russia will not attack an RAF base over Syria and cause WW3, they aren't idiots.

Agreed. Only brown people will die in this proxy.
That is the tragedy.

What do you have against "brown people" ?
You seem to use that one line over and over......

Behave, I feel sad for the brown people, and I use that term because it always is brown people who die in the West's proxy wars...Iraq, Afghan, Lybia, Syria, Vietnam.
The only white people who die are soldiers killing brown people.

Get over yourself fella, it's a fact.

EDIT
Yet white people wet their pants over events as if they are ever gonna be affected by military action in sandy places and/or jungles miles away. It's pathetic.

edit on 15-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Given I've got family that lives so close and the gaffer was born on the base and also the amount of cypriot land estate thats being hoovered up say that they're not going to cause trouble.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

i think it would be NATO forces using nukes first as they would need time to get there forces mustered and together and let america get our troops and everything else there

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I reckon it's a ploy by the RAF personnel based in Cyprus to get another medal without leaving the country. Loads of them got the Iraq medal without ever actually leaving Cyprus because it was deemed to be within striking distance from Iraq.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

Lol a medal conspiracy!

...on a personal note, I think the medal seems fair enough as they were within striking range of Scud missiles I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join