It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF's Tornado base in Cyprus fears retribution from Russia for Syria airstrikes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This is from another board:

Anyone knows what this means?
meh its cropped.. full pic
edit on 14-4-2018 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

I don't like the look of the little mushroom cloud.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

That’s just their weekend weather map, to the east of Aleppo it’s a bit Bomby

And down south Putin is making someone a cup of tea

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Probably Israel taking advantage of the situation again.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Crikey I do hope we do not get weather that is a bit bomby.
Made me right giggle that

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
There are reports everywhere about a bombing taking place in an Iranian base near Aleppo, and tons of counter claims saying this is 'a complete lie to boost the morale of yesterday's failed attack'.

Not even sure who to believe at this moment.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They could really light the tinderbox at the moment, mind you so many players and if one of them crosses the line...gulp.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

The only ones to really worry about would be Russia honestly, and Israel and Russia have had a good working relationship on Syria.
edit on 4/14/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

If it's an Iranian base, it's almost certainly Israel, if anything is going on. They've said repeatedly they won't allow an Iranian presence, and bombed Iranian targets repeatedly.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Weird.
This is apparently Hezbollah's official statement:

#هام
لا صحة لما يتم تداوله عبر بعض المواقع الإلكترونية ومواقع التواصل الإجتماعي نقلاً عن إعلام العدو الصهيوني وتنسيقيات المسلحين، عن غارة للعدو "الإسرائيلي" في ريف حلب الجنوبي وكذلك في الجنوب السوري، وتأتي هذه الإشاعات في محاولة لرفع معنويات الإرهابيين بعد الخيبة التي أصيبوا بها جراء فشل العدوان الثلاثي على سوريا.

#الإعلام_الحربي_المركزي

Which translates to:

#Important
Not true to what is traded through some websites and social networking sites, quoting the Zionist enemy and the coordination of armed militants, the raid of the enemy "Israeli" in the countryside of southern Aleppo as well as in the south of Syria, and these rumors in an attempt to raise the morale of terrorists after the disappointment they suffered from failure Tripartite aggression against Syria.

#Information_Alarmi_central

... I just noticed it's not a Syria general thread which I thought it is for some reason.
edit on 14-4-2018 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: namehere
Russia will not attack an RAF base over Syria and cause WW3, they aren't idiots.

Agreed. Only brown people will die in this proxy.
That is the tragedy.

More along the lines:

That is the agreement.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

it's pretty obvious someone in the syrian government or military was involved, but even then facts are for court cases not military operations or foreign policy.

i honestly don't care either way if they did because the iraqi government needed removed regardless, better not having a hostile future iraq with nukes and a vast chemical weapons capability, a moderately neutral iraq without either one was the best option when ending the war and reducing our presence like we intended from the start.

in the end the national interests of america is my biggest concern, not chemical weapons, wmd, political ideology, genocide, or human rights. it's nice to care but be honest if america didn't act in ending the ceasefire the way we did we would've had a future enemy that would've been a threat to our bases throughout the region, to europe and to israel directly.

a threat to america or any ally is unacceptable in my opinion, even if people hate us for it i still think it was the best decision to make.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: nwtrucker

Yep. They used a Ticonderoga, three Burkes, and a Virginia in the Med, along with the manned assets out of the UK, Italy, France, Cyprus, and Qatar.

Come to think of it, it may be very wise to keep that level of asset- a carrier group- out of harm's way just in case.....

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The US/UK/France/Russia involvment is contrived and based on geo-politics and money more than the lives of faraway brown people.

That's one thing I noticed, is it me or is France moving a little to the North of "playground" the PTB gave them? I thought they have been limited to Africa and Lebanon, not Syria.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

The way I see it is pretty boy Macron could do with a distraction from his domestic politics, but I know nothing.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

The strike on Syria involved the US/UK/France and it only targeted and destroyed Syrian property.

If Russia retaliates against any one of those 3 nations it would qualify as an attack on a NATO country. The result of that is an article V invocation.
edit on 14-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I don't imagine any war with Russia would be a cake walk, and 100,000s of people would possibly die on both sides, billions should it ever go full-blown nuclear exchange. Certainly, something i never wish to witness nor ever be involved with having grown up in the cold war era.

I do imagine through eventually NATO would gain the upper hand air superiority wise and after that, it's really all just downhill unless nuclear weapons were released.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

If Russia was to strike at our base on Cyprus that would be one very serious mistake by the Russians and it would cause massive sanction's and also massive retaliatory strikes on there assets - or proxy asset's - in the region before a UN council then tried to calm the waters, the Russians have already under estimated both our real (not official) capability and our resolve as well as how much backing we have from the international community and how much support we can call on.
If they strike at our air base they will also be violating Greek Territory in the process which I doubt they want to do as that would not go down very well among the Russian Orthodox community back home now would it.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The Russians did it to make it look like Assad did it, in a bid to weaken him before he gets retired. Assad's days are numbered. Iran and Russia will usher in a new Syrian administration. Israel will scrap hard to try to light a bigger spark and discord. They may even throw a propper punch; as opose to all the proxy ducking and weaving that is our spectacle at present. Maybe UK caught wind of the fiendish rusky plot and faked a spy poisoning drama on the streets of middle England in order to point le stinky finger. fantastictheory

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
Russia will not attack an RAF base over Syria and cause WW3, they aren't idiots.

Agreed. Only brown people will die in this proxy.
That is the tragedy.

What do you have against "brown people" ?
You seem to use that one line over and over......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join