It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last Rites of The Walking Dead.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well I don't know about that entirely from the comic's interpretation or Rick he is a good guys most of the time with questionable actions for survival. In the show he is almost chaotic evil especially this season as he did not have to kill the runaway sanctuary group but actively went after them then with walkers on the lose sought to kill them while walkers were still alive. and Rick even killed the guy who let him go. That is not the Rick in the comics.

And I think the show did a bad job of showing Rick's evolution of mentality. When he arrives in Alexzandria he is supposed to have this idea of a " Bigger world" that totally changes his thoughts on life and a way of life for his group and or people. That they could have communities for trade and food. It was more of added weight to stop Negan and to give All Out War more meaning. And the show only just touched on that.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: JinMI

Well I don't know about that entirely from the comic's interpretation or Rick he is a good guys most of the time with questionable actions for survival. In the show he is almost chaotic evil especially this season as he did not have to kill the runaway sanctuary group but actively went after them then with walkers on the lose sought to kill them while walkers were still alive. and Rick even killed the guy who let him go. That is not the Rick in the comics.

And I think the show did a bad job of showing Rick's evolution of mentality. When he arrives in Alexzandria he is supposed to have this idea of a " Bigger world" that totally changes his thoughts on life and a way of life for his group and or people. That they could have communities for trade and food. It was more of added weight to stop Negan and to give All Out War more meaning. And the show only just touched on that.

The source material Is more times than not much better than the derivative..

The problem for me with the show cannot be easily be pinpointed.. there are quite a few things that bother me..but the one that stands out the most to me is the lack of combat strategy.. Rick is a sheriff. He has had training just the same as Shane.. and lived a lot longer into the apocalypse.

yet time and time again we see Rick misusing manpower, or coming up with a convoluted plan that could easily unravel, to the point of in the last episode,(which don't get me wrong was the Best of the season imo) marching the majority of his troops across an open field with no cover or scouts..

Or shooting off a few thousand rounds breaking Windows in the sanctuary for no other reason then psychological warfare..

Trust me if I have finite ammo. And zombies and psychopathic wackos roaming..not one of my bullets would be wasted on a window pane...

Sigh..

That said,

The season finale again imo was the best of the season.

I'm giving the show another season... staff changes and such, I have hope it will get better.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

The whole story is designed to show Rick and crew in a positive light. The creator/directors trick is to put the 'bad guy' and rock in similar situations and keeping that positive light on RIck et al.

From my understanding that is the point of it all. To show the duality in humans while at the same time highlighting the power of the storyteller.

Now, I could be way off on this, but it's how I see it.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Bad show writing. A lack of imagination (IMO) would easily lend itself to these long, drawn out nonsensical story arcs that make no sense or have a place in the overall story.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Nail meets head.

Point driven.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Trust me if I have finite ammo. And zombies and psychopathic wackos roaming..not one of my bullets would be wasted on a window pane...

It kills me not seeing a iso container fortification with remote containerized weapon systems.

Also they didn't take anything military when it's laying around everywhere.

The closest was the rpg, which isn't even American issue.

Plot holes, Plot holes everywhere.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

lets not forget the video game like qualities that the saviors had of infinite people either. so ridiculous. and also Rick throwing away funs and rifles.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join